• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is not Reddit. Yet and still, Ask Me Anything

Amir0x

Banned
Hey guys. I am at e3 and from now until Friday morning I will answer any questions you have about the Ubisoft presser, Ubi games, the floor, French toast or your mom. I am super busy so I will get on here as much as I can and tell you what I've seen.

NOTICE: I am NOT a Ubisoft spokesperson and I DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEM. I am not a games journalist and I will not have seen everything. I am a gamer, but I also have fourteen jobs so I will not have played everything because I have shit to do. I am only really interested in shooters and combat-oriented RPGs so do not ask me about Mario Kart or other tiny, cute things with bunnies and jumping and stuff.

HOWEVER. By EOD Thursday I will have played a bunch of games, including games that aren't really playable yet. I will also have walked the floor, videobombed a lot of vloggers, given Greg Miller at IGN the double finger and taken a lot of photos with sweaty con-goers. Ask your questions and I'll try to answer.

Be aware that if you are a dick I will respond in kind.

And I am a dick for a living, so I will crush you.

What do you think about the situation and difficulties involving misogyny/sexism in the videogame industry? Do you think it's a situation of people outside the industry imposing their views on gamers, like when the GameJam collapsed because the host tried to ask if having a female on their team was an advantage or disadvantage, or that there are some deep seated issues that are foundational that need to be changed perspective wise in male gamers themselves? In your interaction with male gamers, what is your impression of all this, and is the perpetuation of violence in gaming hurting the proliferation of female talent within this industry, or is it something that can be resolved?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Aisha, how was it leaving The Soup and going into being Ubisoft's unofficial conference gal at E3? You still were my favorite hosts after all those years.

dab0ne

first, thanks. second, easily Rainbow 6. I was a R6:Vegas junkie and all that emotion at the end of the presser was one hundred percent real.

played 5v5 assault multiplayer and got spanked repeatedly like a tiny, drooling baby.

this does nothing to dampen my enthusiasm.

also stoked for The Division. I am boycotting Destiny because it is like Halo and Halo 4 had a baby and it looked exactly like them only next-gen.

seeing more stuff Thursday so will have more opinions.

Jesus! Who spanks babies? You're a monster.

Foffy

Banned
Woah, this is really her?!

What was your strangest experience at E3? It could be this year, or any notable experience.

I figure most people are asking hype questions, so I'd ask something silly. You rock on, gurl. <3

I'm not a dick but I play one on the internet. someone probably asked this already but how much of your presenting was adlibbed? it seemed pretty chill. great presentation and it's awesome you're here.

Sylver

Banned
What are the PC specs ubi uses on the show conferences? because neither 10 Tintan Z GPUs working together show that perfmonance in final build.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
also stoked for The Division. I am boycotting Destiny because it is like Halo and Halo 4 had a baby and it looked exactly like them only next-gen.
Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit!

She is completely right, and The Division is the most promising shooter.

You do a great job of hosting the Ubisoft conferences; I think of you as the face of Ubisoft, for what it's worth. Metal Gear Solid V seems right up your alley (as the Assassin's Creed fan you are), just curious as to your thoughts on the game. Whether you are able to answer or not, thanks for the thread!

rezn0r

You say you like RPGs, did you happen to see Final Fantasy Type-0 HD? If so, how does it look? Have you seen or played the original to compare it? Any news on a western release time frame?

Any news on the PS3/360 AC game supposedly coming out this year along with Unity? I am a complete sucker for AC and I'm glad two games are (allegedly) coming out. Sorry everyone.

If you happened to play FC3 on PC, does 4 look much better or similar? I thought 3 looked great on a good PC, but it's hard to tell these things in online streams.

If any of this has been widely reported I've been busy this week and missing a lot of stuff, sorry.

And thanks.

I don't really have any question, but this is a pretty cool thing to do so big ups.

Yep, pleasantly surprised to see this sort of presence around here. Would also like to add that I was like "oh, wonderful..." when you came out on stage, but I thought you brought a lot of good energy to the conference so I've been keeping my eye on any dead crow roadkill I can find.

Toad.T

Banned
Considering your roles as both a presenter for Ubisoft and the voice actress for Archer's Lana, has there ever been talk to mix the two together? (UbiArt engine could probably do the show's art style well.) If there hasn't been any talk, would you want the idea to happen?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
first, thanks. second, easily Rainbow 6. I was a R6:Vegas junkie and all that emotion at the end of the presser was one hundred percent real.

played 5v5 assault multiplayer and got spanked repeatedly like a tiny, drooling baby.

this does nothing to dampen my enthusiasm.

seeing more stuff Thursday so will have more opinions.

OK, respeck knuckles for this.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Aisha!

Just want to say that you have made the past Ubisoft conferences very fun and enjoyable to watch. Your enthusiasm is contagious.

And it's also kind of funny to see you being all laid back and then having those poor developers next to you read awkwardly from the teleprompter. ;)

Smurf

Banned
Hi Aisha, enjoyed your performance the other day! It was nice to see presenters and guests actually having a lot of fun on stage, you don't often see it. Hope you're there next year!

What are your thoughts on misogyny in video games? Is it as prevalent as made out in recent years, does it ever bother you?

Mods, is there any way to highlight Aisha's posts? Maybe make her username Purple or something to make her stand out? Obviously I can CTRL+F, but this is more for the simpler user.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No one has a chance. I am dead inside.
IkhRThQ.gif

I'll always remember the time you quoted me.

What's your opinion on women's representation (or lack thereof) in video games? Do you think it's important to always have gender choice, or do you think gender being set for the purpose of narrative can sometimes be more important.

What's your opinion of the lack of female presenters at e3, as has been noted by sites like Polygon? Do you think it's a symptom of publishers not trusting females with presentation or fearing it won't project the right image to their core audiences? Do you think it's a symptom of not enough women being in the industry or advancing to positions of power, via associated stigmas or ingrained sexism?

hellocld

Well this is cool.

• Are you more of a PC or console fan? Or both?
    Guessing PC since you're a shooter fan, but curious all the same
  • What's your favorite bit of E3 2014 so far, game related or otherwise?
  • No real third question, just wanted to say thanks for doing this little AMA!

Answer me this, Aisha Tyler: How awesome do you think uPLAY is? (You are permitted to use whatever scale or metric you wish while answering this question.)

Top Bottom