• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is SSX (Trailer) + Uber Mondays

Stackboy

Can't watch any of this at work, but will check it out tonight when I get home. All your positive responses are getting me psyched!

Frankly the quick look was amazing. A perfect recreation of the best parts of old SSX would be good enough(though I am going to miss the crazy urban levels), but on top of that all the new features just looks fuckin magnificent. I'm honestly psyched about this now.

Seriously so excited about the Distinct Character Levels thing.

I used to have this Spreadsheet for all the Wipeout games with rows for each ship (Feisar, Goteki, etc) on one axis and every track on the other (with tabs for each game). I worked on getting a gold for each ship on each difficulty on each track.

By having 10 riders that level up distinctly and have their own bonuses and perks and shit, it's I think the closest any racing game has come to replicating that kind of obsessive play style for me.

Translation: CAN'T WAIT.

Nahh, that's a playlist which means it should use all of the songs you put in the playlist on the Dashboard or XMB. Doing it any other way would be really...wrong, especially on the 360 which lets you access all your music all the time anyway. Highly doubt there's any 5 song limit.

There won't be. That looks exactly how FIFA 12 handled their custom music (NOTE: FIFA is an EA franchise, :p). They allow you to play a whole playlist as long as you save it and share it as an .m3u. I have upwards of 50 songs playing custom on FIFA 12.

Curufinwe

Is there a button by button breakdown of the controls anywhere? I'm thinking about which version I want to get, and I except them to be almost identical graphically like Dead Space 2 or NFS: Hot Pursuit. So it all comes down to controller preference.

Is there a button by button breakdown of the controls anywhere? I'm thinking about which version I want to get, and I except them to be almost identical graphically like Dead Space 2 or NFS: Hot Pursuit. So it all comes down to controller preference.

Well another thing to consider is the PS3 version has a whole extra mountain.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Yeah, I played the SSX games on PS2 so I'm more used to that controller plus Mt. Fuji seals the deal. I really hope there aren't any performance issues.

G-Pink

After watching the Giant Bomb QL, I'm extremely excited for this game. The only SSX game I've played is Blur for the Wii, and I really enjoyed that, but this game looks to be on a completely different level as far as depth of content.

I'll be looking forwards to more videos.

Also, dubstep.

I've already made a 50 song playlist comprised of nothing but songs collected from every Tekken OST. So good. Hopefully that remix function on jumps and wipeouts works well.

I'll have regular songlist as well for when the mood strikes.

You sir are truly awesome. I am doing the exact samething. Some of the TTT2 tracks are going to go insanely well with this game. Heavenly Garden in particular.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK0S3GFhW88

Starts off so calm and then goes so hard, its gonna be so perfect.

Odrion

Banned
I am so fucking stoked.

edit: also by that quicklook, it's the first time in ages that a EA soundtrack hasn't made me wish for deafness.

Curufinwe

Yeah, I played the SSX games on PS2 so I'm more used to that controller plus Mt. Fuji seals the deal. I really hope there aren't any performance issues.

I hadn't heard about Mt. Fuji. That does make the PS3 version seem like the one to get.

I would still love to see a screenshot of the controls, though.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
You sir are truly awesome. I am doing the exact samething. Some of the TTT2 tracks are going to go insanely well with this game. Heavenly Garden in particular.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK0S3GFhW88

Starts off so calm and then goes so hard, its gonna be so perfect.

Thats the best dubstep song I've ever fucking heard. FUCK. It really leverages the heaviness of dubstep without getting all stupid.

If SSX not being at 60fps is a deal breaker for someone, they should probably re-evaluate their expectations for a console-only series.

Nopren

Since the game looks dope, and seems to deliver all one could want in a SSX game, it's time for nitpicking.
I really don't like the circle "magnets" that connects and disconnects the rider with the board. In the previous games the straps for the boot were still visible when they popped off the board and performed their tricks, and I liked the way the rider snapped into the bindings when finishing a trick. It also made the tricks look more ludicrous when you could see the whole board with straps being waved around. In this new one it's just a plank.
Also I want the "It's tricky"-song to play exactly as it did in SSX Tricky, not this re-remix thing. Also, Zoe's face looks like a badly modelled dude in makeup, that shit won't fly.
Love the new look of Eddie though.
Can't effin' wait for this game, it's gonna be sweet.

The wait is starting to kill me now, especially after those live demos. I really hope the demo drops soon, maybe on the 28th? That's 1 month from release. or maybe on the 14th, which was the original release date and two weeks prior to release? Really, I just hope it drops as soon as possible because I cannot freaking wait for this game. I already requested the day off so I can just play it ALL DAY.

btkadams

wait, so eddie is 360 exclusive? or is it just exclusive to the limited edition game on ps3/360?

edit: google searched and found ps3 limited edition boxart with eddie. why the fuck are they making him exclusive to the limited edition? i guess i'm getting that one then..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, looks fun in that Quick Look, but as I suspected the motion blur used in those trailers was bullshit. It looks super smooth in the trailers using a realistic motion blur technique that we've seen in other games. Yet, the actual footage of the game being played is nowhere near as smooth. A shame.

S1kkZ

look at the limited edition cover: it says "exclusive drop points for mt. fuji"

so every version in europe will get fuji, the l.e. will just get more drop points?

soultron

Banned
If SSX not being at 60fps is a deal breaker for someone, they should probably re-evaluate their expectations for a console-only series.

From what I've heard from various developers, controller input/filtering FPS is more important than on-screen FPS anyway. It means less delay/input lag, and this naturally makes for a smoother experience.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That's a bit of a shame, really, as it was always a 60 fps game in the past (though the first SSX was full of slowdown). It's not really surprising anymore, but I fully believe it could have been done.

I'm still amazed at how Reflections managed to deliver a massive, free roaming city environment at 60 fps with Driver SF. The ability to zoom in and out of the city and fly around is even more impressive. I have no idea how they managed to smoothly stream so much data. Would love to see more developers take this approach. They could still have delivered an impressive looking game without resorting to 30 fps.

From what I've heard from various developers, controller input/filtering FPS is more important than on-screen FPS anyway. It means less delay/input lag, and this naturally makes for a smoother experience.
Uhh, that's bullshit. Framerate is incredibly important and inherently reduces input lag. Fast controller response does not make up for a drop in performance.

Top Bottom