• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

This is what Fallout 4 would look like as a 2D isometric game

texhnolyze

Banned
Aug 13, 2014
Indonesia
DSO Gaming

STASIS – a new isometric point-and-click, sci-fi, horror adventure game – has just been released and since Fallout was a HUGE influence on STASIS, Chris Bischoff decided to pay a little tribute to Bethesda’s RPG. Therefore, Chris released the following images, showing what Fallout 4 would look like as a 2D isometric game.
Well, damn.
I'd pay $60 for that game.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Aug 21, 2005
This guy's really talented at isometric art. Here's his take on Bioshock.

Ogimachi

Mar 28, 2013
Shit, this is so beautiful and sad at the same time. Why did good CRPG studios have to be so poor in 2007? :(

Oct 26, 2009
It looks gorgeous. My problem is that I would want it to be real time 3D for dynamic lighting and perspective changing purposes (like rotation).

texhnolyze

Banned
Aug 13, 2014
Indonesia
Shit, this is so beautiful and sad at the same time. Why did good CRPG studios have to be so poor in 2007? :(
Yeah, that's exactly what I feel as well.
It's beautiful but I feel pretty sad inside. :(

Yep. He's done a few one-off peices for popular games.

Bioshock Infinite:

Assassin's Creed 4:

Damn, those are gorgeous.
Imagine an isometric Assassin's Creed game with real time combat & stealth like Volume, I might actually play that.

Saucycarpdog

Nov 3, 2013
Yep. He's done a few one-off peices for popular games.

Bioshock Infinite:

Assassin's Creed 4:

I would be more than OK with letting him make these adaptions or, hell, he could just blatantly rip off the aesthetics and make a new game for all I care.

Altazor

Nov 9, 2009
those isometric images (the FO4 ones and also the others) are absolutely beautiful <3 Love isometric 2D games, especially pre-rendered :D

Hado

Aug 13, 2015
meh. I'll stick with Bethesda

but it looks really nice though, the artstyle especially

Ogimachi

Mar 28, 2013
If only Troika had won the bid, and of course stayed afloat.
Out of every studio closed in the last decade, Troika was the biggest tragedy.
What's worse is that they sought publishers to fund the project and buy the IP, but none of them saw the potential and Bethesda ended up buying for just $5.75 million. The next game alone will probably generate what, 500 million in the first week? Yet the game's going to be worse in every aspect compared to a Troika Fallout would've been.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Apr 19, 2007
Amazing work - will definitely be watching his studios future output.

Old FFs would be amazing to see (6,7) in his style.

masud

Banned
Jan 26, 2005
Fallout should have stayed isometric. The pseudo fps shit doesn't work well with the gameplay imo.

Venom Fox

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Manchester, UK
I want this guy to take all the franchises we love and make games in this style. This man needs to be awarded with some sort of knighthood or something.

Stimpack

Aug 14, 2012
What a ridiculous question!
Out of every studio closed in the last decade, Troika was the biggest tragedy.
What's worse is that they sought publishers to fund the project and buy the IP, but none of them saw the potential and Bethesda ended up buying for just $5.75 million. The next game alone will probably generate what, 500 million in the first week? Yet the game's going to be worse in every aspect compared to a Troika Fallout would've been.
No kidding, breaks my damn heart every time I think about it.

Psoelberg

Mar 23, 2014
Wow, thanks for the links. These picturesa are amazing.

He's really talented at capturing the atmosphere of the specific games.

SuomiDude

Jan 23, 2006
That isometric view look would mean a must buy for me, now it's a must pass. Same goes for FO3/NV. Can't feel any Fallout in the newer games due to the perspective.

doomquake

Oct 6, 2011
I am machine.
Wow this is great (and depressing). Hopefully with the success of stasis he will do something else - but if anyone from the studio is reading: please don't forget that writing is the most important element in adventure games.

jim-jam bongs

Dec 5, 2008
Emerald City
Wow this is great (and depressing). Hopefully with the success of stasis he will do something else - but if anyone from the studio is reading: please don't forget that writing is the most important element in adventure games.
Uh, you mean anyone at Bethesda? Because they may have forgotten that a while back.