• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what Fallout 4 would look like as a 2D isometric game

DSO Gaming

STASIS – a new isometric point-and-click, sci-fi, horror adventure game – has just been released and since Fallout was a HUGE influence on STASIS, Chris Bischoff decided to pay a little tribute to Bethesda’s RPG. Therefore, Chris released the following images, showing what Fallout 4 would look like as a 2D isometric game.

8tifPeG.jpg

3gLBYFL.jpg

Well, damn.
I'd pay $60 for that game.

It looks gorgeous. My problem is that I would want it to be real time 3D for dynamic lighting and perspective changing purposes (like rotation).

Shit, this is so beautiful and sad at the same time. Why did good CRPG studios have to be so poor in 2007? :(

Yeah, that's exactly what I feel as well.
It's beautiful but I feel pretty sad inside. :(

Yep. He's done a few one-off peices for popular games.

Bioshock Infinite:

STASIS-INFINITE-B.jpg

Assassin's Creed 4:

Stasis-example.jpg

Damn, those are gorgeous.
Imagine an isometric Assassin's Creed game with real time combat & stealth like Volume, I might actually play that.

Altazor

those isometric images (the FO4 ones and also the others) are absolutely beautiful <3 Love isometric 2D games, especially pre-rendered :D

The second Fallout picture you posted looks terrible. The monster and the guy are too big, or the building is too small. It's fucked up. Doesn't match.

Ogimachi

If only Troika had won the bid, and of course stayed afloat.
Out of every studio closed in the last decade, Troika was the biggest tragedy.
What's worse is that they sought publishers to fund the project and buy the IP, but none of them saw the potential and Bethesda ended up buying for just $5.75 million. The next game alone will probably generate what, 500 million in the first week? Yet the game's going to be worse in every aspect compared to a Troika Fallout would've been.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing work - will definitely be watching his studios future output.

Old FFs would be amazing to see (6,7) in his style.

Venom Fox

Banned
I want this guy to take all the franchises we love and make games in this style. This man needs to be awarded with some sort of knighthood or something.

Stimpack

Out of every studio closed in the last decade, Troika was the biggest tragedy.
What's worse is that they sought publishers to fund the project and buy the IP, but none of them saw the potential and Bethesda ended up buying for just $5.75 million. The next game alone will probably generate what, 500 million in the first week? Yet the game's going to be worse in every aspect compared to a Troika Fallout would've been.
No kidding, breaks my damn heart every time I think about it.

Psoelberg

Wow, thanks for the links. These picturesa are amazing.

He's really talented at capturing the atmosphere of the specific games.

Chev

It looks gorgeous. My problem is that I would want it to be real time 3D for dynamic lighting and perspective changing purposes (like rotation).
Why is that a problem though? Real time isometric 3D graphics are actually trivial to implement, it's just that devs don't do it because that isn't what sells.

SuomiDude

That isometric view look would mean a must buy for me, now it's a must pass. Same goes for FO3/NV. Can't feel any Fallout in the newer games due to the perspective.

doomquake

Wow this is great (and depressing). Hopefully with the success of stasis he will do something else - but if anyone from the studio is reading: please don't forget that writing is the most important element in adventure games.

Wow this is great (and depressing). Hopefully with the success of stasis he will do something else - but if anyone from the studio is reading: please don't forget that writing is the most important element in adventure games.

Uh, you mean anyone at Bethesda? Because they may have forgotten that a while back.

Top Bottom