• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is what our society will evolve into in 2050

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Saying hi to a chick will be considered offensive and will be sexual harassment.

Genetically perfect men will be developed in the lab and then grown in vats and used strictly for breeding and occasional female pleasure purposes, rendering any need to interact with the opposite sex completely irrelevant. Women will dominate planet earth and evolve far more rapidly than is possible through biological means, achieving a state where physical existence is no longer needed - all within a couple hundred years. Somewhere in the 2300s, as beings of pure energy and light but also possessing absolute dominance over all physicality, the immortal female light-consciousnesses will spread through the entire multiverse, giving every planet the scientific and spiritual wisdom to achieve the perfection that they themselves have. The feminist movement of the 1960s will be regarded as the Genesis of this ultimate evolution of consciousness, and its essence will be remembered and heralded throughout billions and billions of eons until the end of all the universes, when in the final sigh of all that is, a trillionth of an instant before the end of all things, its memory will rise to the surface and become the last thought of all consciousness, who now exist as one - thanks only to that pivotal moment in time.

Singular7

I mean basically his entire argument stems to nuh uh! Evolution is magic and we can’t evolve based off mutation because I said so and then he claims he has a degree in Biology 😂😂😂

Believe in magical machines and blueprints from non-mind, no need to get personal :)

I have a degree in biology. I reject evolution as fantasy akin to Harry Potter magic because of science.

Francis Bacon defined the scientific method: if you want to prove evolution, please, use the scientific method. I'm open to the argument, as long as it's science and not conjecture (fossil A looks like fossil B, therefore, "no mind created the blueprint" is not science)

Until then, let's all just admit we believe in a religious world-view.

Evolutionists believe in magical blueprints appearing from time and a host of assumptions.

Alien seeding / external being outside the universe (God) believe in mind generated data-sets / blueprints / machines.

In my mind, the view of Harry Potter blueprints is irrational. You would say that mind-generated blueprints are irrational. C'est la vie!

Last edited:
Believe in magical machines and blueprints from non-mind, no need to get personal :)

I have a degree in biology. I reject evolution as fantasy akin to Harry Potter magic because of science.

Francis Bacon defined the scientific method: if you want to prove evolution, please, use the scientific method. I'm open to the argument, as long as it's science and not conjecture (fossil A looks like fossil B, therefore, "no mind created the blueprint" is not science)

Evolutionists believe in magical blueprints appearing from time and a host of assumptions.

Alien seeding / external being outside the universe (God) believe in mind generated data-sets / blueprints / machines.

In my mind, the view of Harry Potter blueprints is irrational. You would say that mind-generated blueprints are irrational. C'est la vie!
You did not answer my previous question

Also wth do you keep saying "machines". Machines and biological beings are two entirely different things. Also I have already explained to you evolution dose not and never has it claimed to explain the existence of life.

How do you explain allopatric speciation and sympatric speciation? Please prove that you have a biology degree from an accredited university

How do you explain animals adapting to their environment by changing their physiological make up????

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I reject evolution as fantasy akin to Harry Potter magic because of science.

Edited the post above to pinpoint the thoughts I'd like you to elaborate on. Can you show some sources that explain what you're talking about? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

You keep calming these scientific studies are "assumptions" so please point to me ONE specific mechanism of evolution how it is wrong, and how the scientific data gathered are assumptions. I'll wait.

kbear

6935f2de-d431-4d42-93qij7p.gif
6935f2de-d431-4d42-93qij7p.gif
that was great

Last edited:

Singular7

How do you explain animals adapting to their environment by changing their physiological make up????

The blueprint contained in the information storage database we call DNA are composed of "on and off" switch combinations for subtle variation. Combined with Mendelian genetics (real science), these combinations create better / worse meta-sets within the schema

The data-set isn't "building new mechanisms", but those with the proper on/off switch combinations for the environment survive/thrive. Longer beak vs shorter beak using Darwin's analog.

The blueprint contained in the information storage database we call DNA are composed of "on and off" switch combinations for subtle variation. Combined with Mendelian genetics (real science), these combinations create better / worse meta-sets within the schema

The data-set isn't "building new mechanisms", but those with the proper on/off switch combinations for the environment survive/thrive. Longer beak vs shorter beak using Darwin's analog.
Congratulations you basically described evolution.

Singular7

Congratulations you basically described evolution.

Not true. I described Mendelian Genetics.

Evolution is the religious view that because of Mendelian Genetics "it must mean single cell organisms become <human> given time"

Mendelian Genetics = science
Evolutionary "new mechanisms" conjecture = religious view

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned

Evolution is the religious view that because of Mendelian Genetics "it must mean single cell organisms become <human> given time"

So your main point is that historical evolution is theoretical, and therefore false?

Why would you not believe that the subtle changes encouraged by the environment would build up over time, eventually to the point that the organism is significantly different from what is was once known to be?

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Not an argument!

I have a biology degree and am extremely well read on the topic.

My argument is:

the belief that machines build themselves given A) time and B) the laws of inanimate matter in the universe is a religious view akin to a Harry Potter-esque "magic", a magic which generates intelligent data-sets which are used to construct machines (a religious view), rather than a scientific-method-conclusion validating the claim of the hypothesis (science/engineering).

To respond to the argument, you would need to show that data-set formations which build machines can be created, by repeating the process via testing, using Francis Bacon's scientific method, and not just opinion and conjecture about fossils and mutations.

Causing a set of proteins to become a replicator which construct engineering blueprints would be satisfactory to validate the claim.

Your problem is that you think evolution cares about whether there is a god or not. It doesn't. We know that proteins can self replicate. This has been proven. If you want to debate whether the first replicating protein came into existence via a supernatural entity or not, go on right ahead, but that doesn't have anything to do with evolution.

Last edited:

Singular7

Your problem is that you think evolution cares about whether there is a god or not. It doesn't. We know that proteins can self replicate. This has been proven. If you want to debate whether the first replicating protein came into existence via a supernatural entity or not, go on right ahead, but that doesn't have anything to do with evolution.

A device which prints copies of a data-set means there is no creator of the data-set or the printer?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

That's completely false though...

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
How short sighted of you op. This meme will be completely irrelevant in less than 3 years

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
giphy.gif

In the year 2050, science will only be three years away from a cure for male pattern baldness.

Top Bottom