• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Plus-Size Influencer's Stunning Bikini Post Is the Body Positivity Inspiration You Need - Slayyyy 2.0

Whitesnake

Banned
Those “Healthy At Every Size” people are either fat-asses who refuse to cope, leftists trying to virtue signal and look PC, or people with a fat fetish.

I mean if people want body positivity, let’s have positivity for all bodies.

Go ahead. Tell me this girl that looks more like a draugr than a human is healthy and attractive. I dare you.

We can debate all day about whether mockery of fat people is fair game, but nobody should be advocating unhealthiness.

Last edited:

pr0cs

I don't understand this at all, if you put yourself out there as some idiotic "influencer" and you get that silly moniker due to your poor eating habits then you should expect that some people are going to call you out when given the opportunity.
I don't understand how they're offended by it. Put yourself out there in such fashion is going to attract criticism, yep some of that is going to be really vitriolic.
Celebrating their lifestyle shouldn't on the table. It would be one thing to go into how they plan on changing their lives and the progress they make but to simply continue life like living that way is OK should in no way be acceptable

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that it's wrong to shame people for their bodies and younger people especially don't need to be growing up with a distorted image of what they should look like. It's fine to have a six pack, it's fine to be a bit chubby, I'm definitely more of the latter.

That said, I can't stand when obvious obesity is glamorised. It should be treated like the medical condition it will become and in no way should be normalised. This should be done seriously and sensitively with regard for the individual, but parading around on social media as if everything is fine health wise is the equivalent of burying your head in the sand.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The side I’m on is that obesity should be one of America’s priorities, there’s just no value in shaming eaters who are fat. I like nutritionists who spearhead the issues and crown their client.

mckmas8808

Banned
I agree that the goal post seem to be moved to what is fat. I mean at some point someone will probably argue that these women are just chubby.

Which is the entire point about the normalization of obesity.

If they are happy with their bodies fine, but don't lie to other people, especially children that its something to be positive about. They can be happy and still be honest that its not healthy and that people should not strive to be their weight.

Is it possible that what people thought was fat in the 90s, actually wasn't fat in the first place? Maybe what we consider fat now is more accurate than 25 years ago.

cryptoadam

Banned
Is it possible that what people thought was fat in the 90s, actually wasn't fat in the first place? Maybe what we consider fat now is more accurate than 25 years ago.

Nope, we are just getting looser with the definition because of this body positivity movement. Also when there was only 1 fat kid it was easy to spot, now if half the people are fat it normalize it and now that fat person looks relatively thin to the obese people.

Pimpbaa

Wonder what's gonna happen to their body positivity in 20 -30 years when they are dumping opioids dump their throat due to chronic back pain. I'm 43 and i'm already in hell due to my obesity, it just ain't worth it.

Why pride someone for being lazy? You can tell if a larger woman is athletic. They’ll usually look the part. But this is unhealthy and should not be where the bar should be set. Same should be said for men.

ph33rknot

Banned
Those “Healthy At Every Size” people are either fat-asses who refuse to cope, leftists trying to virtue signal and look PC, or people with a fat fetish.

I mean if people want body positivity, let’s have positivity for all bodies.

Go ahead. Tell me this girl that looks more like a draugr than a human is healthy and attractive. I dare you.

We can debate all day about whether mockery of fat people is fair game, but nobody should be advocating unhealthiness.

can't go to far left can't go to far right motherfuckers need to learn to stay in the middle

Patrick S.

Banned
Why is she an influencer? I HATE that concept, anyway. Every thot that posts semi-nudes on the internet these days is an influencer now? Screw that. The only thing this lady can influence me to do is not clicking anywhere near her shit.

betrayal

Banned
And what about the people who are fat but not due to their diets?

You mean the <0,5% who can have medical treatement?

If you see a fat person on the street, the chances are almost 100%, that he's overweight because he a) eats too much or b) is too inactive.

odhin

You mean the <0,5% who can have medical treatement?

If you see a fat person on the street, the chances are almost 100%, that he's overweight because he a) eats too much or b) is too inactive.

Usually both.

I am overweight, and have been since like 7th or 8th grade. At that time I was considered fat by most people standards, and now when I have this conversation, no one outright calls me fat. They just say I'm a little "overweight" but not fat. Its curious to see the change on the mindsets of people regarding what is considered to be a fat person nowadays and thats to be expected, because you see more and more obese people like these everyday and while we should not fat shame them or whatever, we should also not be obliged to "approve" of and encourage their lifestyle.

betrayal

Banned
Its curious to see the change on the mindsets of people regarding what is considered to be a fat person nowadays and thats to be expected, because you see more and more obese people like these everyday and while we should not fat shame them or whatever, we should also not be obliged to "approve" of and encourage their lifestyle.

Overweight only has downsides and absolutely zero advantages.

I think people should never stop to point out the impact of overweight on people's health. Cardiovascular diseases, strokes, arthritis, kidney and liver diseases, heart diseases, depressions, cancer, diabetes, joint load and many more are all up for overweight people and we're not just talking about 50+ pounds or more.
Besides that, statistically if both parents are obese new born children will have a ~60% chance to be born with overweight, putting their health in grave danger the very first second they're born.

What you can do is help people fight the cause of their overweight. More often than not eating disorders (which include just eating too much) are just coping mechanisms to live with other less visible challenges in their lives. Of course that's no excuse for the rest of the people who are just lazy.

Top Bottom