• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Can anyone tell me something about PSN? I'm wondering, if I play say FF IX with my discs on the Ps3 and save my game, is that save then compatible with the PSN FF IX if I choose later to download it? Also if I transfer the game to PSP, can I also transfer that same save as well?

weekend_warrior said:
So Zelda, she's like a witch or a ghost or something?
According to various in-game references, most of the Zeldas have magic powers of some kind. These are especially strong is she possesses the Triforce of Wisdom, but have also been attributed to the Light Force or just Force in general.

Basically, she's a little bit clairvoyant in addition to knowing some powerful magic (strong enough to seal off entrances to other dimensions, sacrifice her own life for another's, manipulate the flow of time or communicate psychically.

Plus, she weighs less than a duck.

Jerk

Banned
Second said:
Why do so many game characters have such tiny heads?

Keebler's Law of inverse anatomical proportions.

The smaller head suggests that they have a significantly larger phallus, and thus is a subtle way to suggest that these characters are virile and know how to satisfy a woman.

If the character is female, it suggests that they are dynamite in the sack.

John

When I try to play Call of Duty on my computer it doesn't let me join a game, it just lists lots of these "servers" with weird names and numbers. Where are the bars that tell me how good my connection is? And where's voicechat?

Gravijah

when i am close to a donkey kong kill screen, will a random man start telling my neighbors to come watch my accomplishment?

Cels

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Can anyone tell me something about PSN? I'm wondering, if I play say FF IX with my discs on the Ps3 and save my game, is that save then compatible with the PSN FF IX if I choose later to download it? Also if I transfer the game to PSP, can I also transfer that same save as well?

Yes.

Here's my question - why the heck is the player character so short in Killzone 2?

Was there any reason why japan and the US had to pay a hunters license fee for the dreamcast PSO games while the UK and EU played for free (outside of dialup modem costs to the ISP)?

Dabanton

In regards to Mario is he supposed to be human?

And are him and luigi the only people who can visit the mushroom kingdom? what if the whole game was them tripping out in their apartment imagining it all.

WillyFive

catotheyounger said:
How can Mario have so many abilities and interests, but not once have I seen him do pluming?

He was pluming in the original Mario Bros. Except instead of using tools, he just killed the problems.

UraMallas

Can someone please tell me why in fuck CivIV (or any Civ game) is so addicting? I just played the game for two days for 17:08 hours, beating it and now I've started a new campaign without even being close to burnt out. It's like... there is no stopping it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Diablohead said:
Was there any reason why japan and the US had to pay a hunters license fee for the dreamcast PSO games while the UK and EU played for free (outside of dialup modem costs to the ISP)?

- different business model (they wanted money from the user base on a monthly basis)
- they though they could get away with it
- I believe PSO v1 was free everywhere except Japan, PSO v2 was paid everywhere except europe.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
disappeared said:
Ron Perlman: "War. War never changes."

Snake: "War has changed."

HAS IT OR HASN'T IT!?

Easy.

Fallout games are good.

MGS 4 is terrible. Perlman wins. War never changes.

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
Sam us. Have you not played the Smash Bros. games?
Wrong..

Gravijah said:
FWIW, Mario is pronounced "Mare-e-oh"
Wrong...

Just because you transform names to english doesn't mean it's the correct way.

You got it right on Aran though.

Why doesn't CAVE do games on the PS3? Why can't I have the option to put the camera angle in 3rd person in a FPS game? And how do you side step a attack in Tekken 6? I think I done it once when I saw black Jesus in my dreams.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Gravijah said:
Ah-Ran, I think.
I can't remember if it was Metroid Prime 3 or trailers for Other M... but I'm pretty sure it's officially "Air-an", even though I thought it was Ah-Ran for my whole life.

Like the real life name Aaron or Erin.

Gravijah

BocoDragon said:
I can't remember if it was Metroid Prime 3 or trailers for Other M... but I'm pretty sure it's officially "Air-an", even though I thought it was Ah-Ran for my whole life.

Interesting. Haven't played any of the MP games other than a bit of MP1 so I wouldn't know.

Boney

Banned
Cels said:
Have a look for yourself, it's very early in for "Samus"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO6YQLfgdGI
So you're saying it's Mah-ree-oh ?

BocoDragon said:

They don't know how to pronounce the "A" correctly. Wasn't it the commander who said her last name? You can't get more American general than that.

Wario64 said:
Why did you have to hold reset then power to save your game on NES?

This probably needs a thread lol

The question I always wonder about...

How the hell do RPG characters carry all the equipment you pick up. Especially JRPGs and the whole 99 of every item mindset.

Top Bottom