• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week in Trump’s America: Week 1 by ThinkProgress

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
How do you feel about Spicer and Trump's "alternative facts" about crowd sizes, the prohibitions on EPA and other government agency employees, the 20% tax, and Trump believing that there were 3 - 5 million illegal votes?

Why are you asking a mindless drone any questions?

rjinaz

None of this had been good for anyone, unless you're anti-abortion, islamaphobic, against first time home biyers, pro-torture, pro-Russian, anti-universal healthcare, anti Mexican and anti-middle class.

Did you mean to quote GuyKazame? Because I think he is those things.

I agree it's awful :(

tuxfool

Banned
If that's what has to happen to get our tax cuts and save the innocent babies, then by God, let it happen. Jesus is coming for us all soon anyway, so no need to dwell on these earthly matters.

If Jesus is like the Evangelicals say he is, Jesus can go get fucked.

If Jesus is like the Evangelicals say he is, Jesus can go get fucked.

Sadly, Jesus was, potentially, better than modern Christians make him out to be. If half of them actually adhered to his most important teachings, we wouldn't be having a lot of these problems. Culture Christianity is holding back progress in America.

Xisiqomelir

Trump is already exacerbating one of the world’s biggest conflicts by repeatedly promising to move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This week, the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) warned they will cease to recognize Israel if he follows through.

This would be a bad decision by Abbas.

Kasumin

Keep in mind that the leadership in Congress does not care. Ryan and McConnell were apparently asked about their response to Trump pissing off the Mexican president and they essentially responded that they'd let him worry about foreign policy.

They don't care.

They.

Do.

Not.

Care.

They'll burn decades' worth of US alliances and destroy its international world influence. At least, those two will keep doing it because they know that their voters in Wisconsin and Kentucky will vote for them no matter what. They don't care what happens to this country. They don't care about what happens outside of this country. They don't care. They really, really do not care. They're going to drive this country into an abyss and have their fingers in their ears going "lalalalalala" the whole time.

There's no word for this type of irresponsibility. Is it nihilism?

I'm honestly afraid. The Republican party doesn't even seem to care what happens next week. The only ones in the party that even think a bit about what they're doing are from purple or blue states.

How do they even imagine the results of their actions? Do they imagine anything? Are they capable of imagination at all?

UberTag

Things Republicans care about...
- Making money at anyone's expense
- Getting re-elected
- Disavowing climate change
- Telling women what to do with their bodies
- Making it more difficult for Democrats to vote
- Obfuscating any form of accountability
- Purifying the white race

Am I missing anything? Because I intentionally left off job creation, the environment, the American people, foreign relations, being honest, etc. They care not for these things.

- Getting re-elected

Am I missing anything?

I would double quote the money thing.

Woorloog

Banned
I expect Trump's name to follow Hitler, Stalin and Mao in history at this rate. Though i'm pretty sure those three started slower.

Linkura

According to Politico reporting, the executive orders that Trump signed this week — which were spearheaded by senior policy adviser Stephen Miller and chief strategist Steve Bannon — were so hastily prepared that they may be unenforcable or even illegal.

Please be true. Not surprised in the least considering absurd they are.

Keep in mind that the leadership in Congress does not care. Ryan and McConnell were apparently asked about their response to Trump pissing off the Mexican president and they essentially responded that they'd let him worry about foreign policy.

They don't care.

They.

Do.

Not.

Care.

They'll burn decades' worth of US alliances and destroy its international world influence. At least, those two will keep doing it because they know that their voters in Wisconsin and Kentucky will vote for them no matter what. They don't care what happens to this country. They don't care about what happens outside of this country. They don't care. They really, really do not care. They're going to drive this country into an abyss and have their fingers in their ears going "lalalalalala" the whole time.

There's no word for this type of irresponsibility. Is it nihilism?

I'm honestly afraid. The Republican party doesn't even seem to care what happens next week. The only ones in the party that even think a bit about what they're doing are from purple or blue states.

How do they even imagine the results of their actions? Do they imagine anything? Are they capable of imagination at all?

Aside from the possibility that they are just morally bankrupt people, which I won't rule out, I would say that most politicians in a democracy are only as good as their constituents. Their base is composed of people who are either politically detached, monetarily motivated, devoid of empathy, religiously committed, or just generally uninformed about the world outside of their immediate community, which mainly consists of other people like them. They preside over stagnant communities and present stagnant ideas. As long as their constituents don't bitch, what motivation do they have to change?

This is why the EC needs to go. It gives too much power to people who choose religion over education, party over country, whiteness over everything else, and don't see the big picture, who end up electing people simply because they are sufficiently white, claim to go to church every Sunday, and promise to keep the brown people from taking their shit.

inorganicrosiel

Neo Member
- Getting re-elected

Am I missing anything? Because I intentionally left off job creation, the environment, the American people, foreign relations, being honest, etc. They care not for these things.

You missed LGBTQ people getting married, adopting children, using the bathroom, or buying baked goods.

Strike

iP42wHz.gif

Nere

As much as I disagree with his decisions I have to admit on him that he is doing what he promised. I thought all the talk about the wall was just him trying to fish votes didn't really expect him to go through with it.

majik13

I just think there is no way this stuff will go through or continue, How is this sustainable? Like oh man this is horrible, so when is it all gonna end and come crashing down. Its past time for this bad joke to end....yet Im still waiting.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Good first week. Next week SCOTUS and regulations.
Hey look, drive by shit-posting. Likely all we can expect from Trump supporters in these threads instead of actually defending his words and actions. They sure do take after their dear leader.

Izayoi

Banned
Hey look, drive by shit-posting. Likely all we can expect from Trump supporters in these threads instead of actually defending his words and actions. They sure do take after their dear leader.
To be fair, it seems most are incapable of rational thought and likely unable to form more than a single coherent sentence when pressed.

It might be best to expect nothing more.

Shadybiz

Yeah I barely bother with these people anymore. Not willing to post sources, evidence, anything to back up their claims that what he's doing is good, etc. At this point, if they're STILL supporting him, I just assume that they're either stupid, racist, or both (I find that the two typically intersect on the Venn diagram). Sometimes I'll muster the energy to say something like "Here's why you're an idiot," and post a source, but that's about as far as I go these days.

"John Gore, Trump’s pick to serve as deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department’s civil rights division, has only ever fought civil rights cases as the lawyer defending the people accused of violating civil rights laws."

Literal fucking jaw dropping lol

They're not even trying to appear decent.

This has been the longest week I can remember. Every day has been crushing, and we're just warming up. The full effects of this catastrophe won't be felt for years.

This man will cause a violent revolution. There's only so much shit people can take before they snap.

Doubt it. Most people will just complain about it and not do anything. It would be something for the history books if 100,000 people rush the white house to overtake it though.

Concept17

This week really hit me when the usual Trump jokes were no longer funny. Mocking his speech, word choice, etc just isn't funny when all this shit is happening. We need to do more than mock him now.

geomon

Doubt it. Most people will just complain about it and not do anything. It would be something for the history books if 100,000 people rush the white house to overtake it though.

That's because as long as people are given the basics (food, clothing, shelter, health, hope) they're willing to keep quiet about things. But this guy, this fucking guy is threatening to take even that away.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm shocked Trump didn't recite Al Wilson's The Snake, that song--- no wait, he calls it a poem, sorry --- when he signed the anti-Muslim executive order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom