• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this week japanese magazine news of Gyakuten Not-Saiba

distantmantra said:
Me too. It's a shame we're in the extreme minority on GAF.

Rumor alert:

2 Japanese voice actors from overman king gainer had a new srw game on their online blog/resume thing briefly, and then removed it. (happened a little over a month ago i think)

If king gainer is NOT on the new one, i'll be surprised, especially after it just showed up in ACE3.

Joule

distantmantra said:
Me too. It's a shame we're the extreme minority in this thread and GAF in general.

While it's nice that there's announcement, I just can't get excited until more info pops up. While OG is all good, I'm missing my licensed bots.

Is suda working on that Twilight Syndrome game?...

The saga always looked interesting to me.

And Perfect Prosecutor looks like you 15 year-old point & click adventure (which is nice) but with rather dull backgrounds (which isn't nice). But has Edgeworth and Gumshoe as main characters and thats automatically awesome...

ethelred

distantmantra said:
Me too. It's a shame we're the extreme minority in this thread and GAF in general.

Maybe because people want to talk about the stuff actually announced rather than something that hasn't been announced or shown yet so that we can go cry about it on EB?

pancakesandsex said:
Rumor alert:

2 Japanese voice actors from overman king gainer had a new srw game on their online blog/resume thing briefly, and then removed it.

If king gainer is NOT on the new one, i'll be surprised, especially after it just showed up in ACE3.

Yeah, I figured that Gainer would appear in the next SRW title after being in ACE3. Godannar and Destiny have a good chance, too, since they were SRW Scramble Commander the 2nd.

What about Gravion, Fafner and/or Eureka Seven? They're all old enough now. I had heard some rumors about the people behind E7 not wanting it in SRW, but it showed up in ACE3, so you never know...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmmm, I find it amusing that GAF put a stop to JP magazine scans/pics while 1up has no problem throwing up a pic of the latest issue with the Edgeworth game in it.

I miss scans/pics on GAF. =(

webrunner

Link1110 said:
Why not? GS3
Edgeworth comers back in the last case of Phoenix Wright 3, any cases with the two of them could be between 3-5 and the case from Apollo Justice.

The dates/ages/etc point to the fact that 3-5 happened in February and "Seven Years Ago" was in april of the same year. Any final showdown would have to be in late Feb, march, or early april

distantmantra said:
Yeah, I figured that Gainer would appear in the next SRW title after being in ACE3. Godannar and Destiny have a good chance, too, since they were SRW Scramble Commander the 2nd.

What about Gravion, Fafner and/or Eureka Seven? They're all old enough now. I had heard some rumors about the people behind E7 not wanting it in SRW, but it showed up in ACE3, so you never know...

Godannar would be a pleasant surprise as well. Actually it might be safe to expect the "new" series from ACE3 and scramble commander 2nd to make an appearance in the next licesned SRW. Wouldnt hurt if they threw in some of the portable only guys like tekkaman either. The possibilities are endless.

I'm hoping for a UC reboot or an exploration of alt universes that have gone underused on the gundam front.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
jvalioli said:
Phoenix killed off confirmed.

Apollo murders Phoenix so that the next game called Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney will be about Apollo Justice.

No, Phoenix Wright
joins the prosecutors side, and he tag teams Apollo in AA5 alongside edgeworth

:lol :lol

A Link to the Snitch said:
This summer is going to be good to me. Guitar Hero: On Tour, Daigasso! Band Bros. DX, Trauma Center 2 DS...

and FFTA2, Disgaea, FFIV, Etrian Odyssey 2, and Bangai-O all releasing in the summer in the US...

DS is going to have an awesome summer. :D

zurra

pancakesandsex said:
Rumor alert:

2 Japanese voice actors from overman king gainer had a new srw game on their online blog/resume thing briefly, and then removed it. (happened a little over a month ago i think)
*breathes into a paper bag*

Error said:
Perfect Prosecutor (DS/Capcom/??)
* A law adventure game where you act as the prosecutor.
* Main characters are Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe
* You control Edgeworth, searching for overlooked evidence and inconsistencies at the crime scene.
* New search and deduction systems are introduced.
yeah!
Band Brothers DX(DS/Nintendo/6-26)
* Over 30 tracks chosen from classical and J-pop
* Over 50 different instruments usable
* NES is a usable instrument
* Play guitar by strumming with the pen
* Up to 6-player local jam sessions
* Singing mode with karaoke for both base game and DLC
OMFG YEAH! Best news of the year until the announcement of Animal Crossing :)
* Over 100 tracks through DLC
uhm, how? DS cartridges only have few KB for saves. Perhaps they do it like Prof Layton

Teasel said:
VOTE FOR GURREN LAGAN IN THE NEW SUPER ROBOT WARS
VOTE NOW!

GL is too new for SRW. Shows typically don't show up in SRW until they've been off the air for two or three years.

pancakesandsex said:
Godannar would be a pleasant surprise as well. Actually it might be safe to expect the "new" series from ACE3 and scramble commander 2nd to make an appearance in the next licesned SRW. Wouldnt hurt if they threw in some of the portable only guys like tekkaman either. The possibilities are endless.

I'm hoping for a UC reboot or an exploration of alt universes that have gone underused on the gundam front.

If we're making previously portable only wishlists, then I'm asking for Escaflowne to show up. I know it's too old and not flashy enough at this point, but I'd love to see it get revived.

Joule

pancakesandsex said:

While I would be simply content with the casting from Alpha 3, I would love to see the Lord of the Elemental guys come back. Cybuster's cool and all but where's the rest?

And give me Big O.

lupin23rd

Heavy Metal L-Gaim with the opening theme song (Time for L-Gaim) for battle music is a must.

Also would be nice to see Grendizer and ROKUSHIN GATTAI GOD MARS.

zoku88

Hcoregamer00 said:
No, Phoenix Wright
joins the prosecutors side, and he tag teams Apollo in AA5 alongside edgeworth

:lol :lol
Actually, I was kinda expecting PW or Edgeworth to be the final prosecutor in GS5
>.>

:lol

distantmantra said:
GL is too new for SRW. Shows typically don't show up in SRW until they've been off the air for two or three years.

If we're making previously portable only wishlists, then I'm asking for Escaflowne to show up. I know it's too old and not flashy enough at this point, but I'd love to see it get revived.

I was thinking more along the lines of recently used things they still potentially have the rights to use, so the stuff from J and W might potentially show up on a mainline one

Regarding Band Brothers DX : looks like you'll be able to play your ensembles with your friends, both on your DS's as well as on your TV, thanks to the DS <-> Wii connectivity. Pretty neat... But I wonder, how would that work exactly ? Will you need to download a dedicated channel on your Wii ?...

neo2046

pamphlet scans are still allowed, right?

31355282820080410143605.jpg

52577812920080410143315.jpg

177661351920080410143631.jpg

Avrum

Have to ask... in that top right shot on the Disaster pamphlet, is that a tidal wave in the background? Not exactly a clear or large shot that's actually pretty cool looking.

Though at that range the main character is totally screwed...or would be in real life anyway. :p

neo2046 said:
no .......

*Dream Killer*

ugh. I'll survive pushing against mantits then.

Still. I don't know what to say about the game. the visuals aren't what I was expecting but the things they have in it looks interesting.

zigg

Shiggy said:
What? That sounds great, but how is DLC possible on DS? I would love to buy this sequel (actually I will), but is this free content?

For BB, it's actually pretty easy. The original had eight slots on the cart that you could put your own music in, and with an Action Replay or other tools, you could swap songs in and out (I made a tool for this, actually.) BB songs are MIDI-grade stuff; they're quite small.

Bigger flash chips are available on DS cards these days; it's quite plausible to have 16 slots for extra songs.

I would assume it'd be free, since there's precedent (Layton puzzles), and also because there's no Wii Points equivalent for DS for handling payment.

tabsina

Ydahs said:
Is that an old screen? Anymore where it came from?

quite an old screen.. which is odd.. since its the exact same scenario as in the new screen in the pamphlet (which has a new bottom toolbar thing).. i would have thought this aspect could happen to any NPC, but it seems now that it is set

As for your question.. i can't recall where it was originally from, but there were a few more screens with it when it came

Bebpo

Banned
distantmantra said:

Nah. If the next SRW doesn't come out until the fall or next year, Gurren Lagann is just a matter of if Bandai Namco was willing to pay the ridiculously high licensing fee to Gainax.

The SRW producers are not dumb, they know putting GL dead center on the cover with a drill pointed up towards the sky would increase sales by A LOT. The question is just if Bandai Namco feels those extra sales are worth the licensing price.

I'm hoping the next SRW is:

-UC Gundam reboot
-Eureka 7
-Gainer
-Gurren Lagann

enishi

Interview of Producers from Gyakuten Kenji in Famitsu

- Shu Takumi, the director of the series, does not involve in development of this game.
- The time line of this story is around Gyakuten Saiba 3
- More familiar characters will appear in the game
- Mainly focus on investigation part
- Development progress: 40%

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Bebpo said:
Nah. If the next SRW doesn't come out until the fall or next year, Gurren Lagann is just a matter of if Bandai Namco was willing to pay the ridiculously high licensing fee to Gainax.

The SRW producers are not dumb, they know putting GL dead center on the cover with a drill pointed up towards the sky would increase sales by A LOT. The question is just if Bandai Namco feels those extra sales are worth the licensing price.

I'm hoping the next SRW is:

-UC Gundam reboot
-Eureka 7
-Gainer
-Gurren Lagann

A GL scenerio in SRW would rock socks.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
enishi said:
Interview of Producers from Gyakuten Kenji in Famitsu

- Shu Takumi, the director of the series, does not involve in development of this game.
that means he's working on the true fifth game that will be released the same year, yeah? yeah?

Top Bottom