• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

this week news japanese gaming mag are out already...?

xfactor

Banned
i believe I just saw some new scans of Famitsu on 2ch for a 2D PS2 game and DS games (Devil Survivor & 7th Dragon)

Monster Hunter G (Wii)
- Spring release
- online fee unknown
- wide picture
- 77% complete
- control with classic controller only
- 6 types of weapons
- 2 control schemes

Monster Hunter 3 (Wii)
- New area: desert
- 40% complete
- new rock monster
- new scans

Amagami (PS2)
http://www.amagami.info/

Devil Survivor (DS)
- a 25 year old guy who is waiting for his sweetheart, and he's an owner of some place
- another is a girl who is a vocalist for a town which has been quarantined or something
- a new devil: resemble a white hydra with medusa face, but blue roses at the tip of the tentacle
- if you can execute an additional attack move if you can strike the first hit on the weak point

7th Dragon (DS)
- Jpn release date: 5th Mar
- 5040 yen
- new job: Princess (support by singing?), skill = ninetail
- Princess & Knight have dual attack: Knight blade
- peorder special: a booklet

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- new scans on Oerba Dia Vanille (same stuffs as Shonen Jump)

Biohazard 5 (360/PS3)
- http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1220818_1124.html
- PS3 version demo early next year

Disgaea 2 Portable (PSP)
- Mar 26
- New skill, tech etc
- New "compilation" mode

Ryu-Ga-Gotoku 3 (PS3)
- New scans

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
- New scans
- Feb release

Dragon Quest IX: Guard of the Starry Night (DS)
- Amazon accept pre-order

The Godfather 2 (360/PS3) for Jpn
- Mar 19
- 7665 Yen
- new scans

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (360)
- new scans

Others:
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (360/PS3) for Jpn
Fallout 3 Additional Content for Jpn
Umihara Kawase DS announced

DSi 215000
Wii 151000
PSP 148000
DSL 48000
PS3 37000
360 13000
PS2 9700

01. [PSP] Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix) - 504,000 / NEW
02. [PS3] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 162,000 / NEW
03. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) - 159,000 / 728,000
04. [NDS] Tales of Hearts: Anime Movie & CG Movie (Bandai Namco) - 142,000 / NEW
05. [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra (Nintendo) - 142,000 / 697,000
06. [PS2] Fate/Unlimited Codes (Capcom) - 95,000 / NEW
07. [PS2] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco) - 92,000 / NEW
08. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon) - 91,000 / 2,093,000
09. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) - 91,000 / 429,000
10. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Bandai Namco) - 70,000 / 200,000

Volcynika

xfactor said:
i believe I just saw some new scans of Famitsu on 2ch for a 2D PS2 game and DS games (Devil Survivor & 7th Dragon I believe)

Both of those are DS games (I'm pretty sure).

EDIT: Oh, just misread you. Sorry!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
xfactor said:
Monster Hunter G is the enhanced version of the 1st MH game I believe
Interesting. If it releases in USA I'll be very interested since I've never played a MH game and I'm thinking about buying MH 3 if when it comes out here.

Tenbatsu

30keoi9.jpg

Yes Monster Hunter G ported to Wii, OMG Capcom!!!:lol Another test. They are trying to make Wii a RE and MH machine:lol

monsterhunterg_ps2jpboxboxart_160w.jpg

Btw this is MH G, an enhanced version of MH where they introduced alternate colours for dragon and amour mixing system. One of the HARDEST MH title to date.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't get it though, what's the test? Isn't MH3 coming out in March? Is this one getting like a stealth release next Thursday?

Tenbatsu

They can release MHG with new controls for players to warm up to MH3.
MHG - Feb
MH3 - June
Just a guess. Most likely there will be a port of MH2 Dos.

I need MH3 news now!!!!!!!!!:D

xfactor

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Creamsugar has a scan that he calls MHG Wii.

But shows the goofy Famitsu Cat mascot, it doesn't show screenshots.

the words are on the extremely left side in golden brown

Y2Kev said:
I don't get it though, what's the test? Isn't MH3 coming out in March? Is this one getting like a stealth release next Thursday?
MH3 is coming out in March? I thought it was just a 2009 release with no specific date so far.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
BishopLamont said:
MH3 is coming out in March? I thought it was just a 2009 release with no specific date so far.

There was apparently some scan saying it was for March..but it was for the same exact date and price as RE5, so most likely a mistake.

Tenbatsu

Not sure am getting this game not, I spent like 500hrs for the PS2 one already.....But a MH sucker like me will sure eat it up:/

schuelma said:
There was apparently some scan saying it was for March..but it was for the same exact date and price as RE5, so most likely a mistake.
Yeah quite sure its a mistake then, no way in hell they're releasing both games out at the same time.

bdouble

titiklabingapat said:
It's to find out whether or not to do a PSP port sooner or later.

wat?

I'm thinking this will release early next year and MH3 will be towards the end of the year.

Defuser

ok people,time to teach you the history of MH.

Timeline is like this.
PS2:
MH
MHG
MH2
---------
PSP:
MHF(this is MHG port)
MHF2(this is MH2 port with some features excluded from MH2)
MHP2G(this is a Expansion MH2 port with new features that not included in MH2)

------
Wii:
MHG(Port from the PS2 MHG but maybe capcom will add new stuff to it.)
MH3

Black-Wind said:
Is it a upscaled "MH3" like port in some way or is it just a "Wii controls slapped on" port?

Interesting none the less.
They change the monster animations,new monsters,new weapon attacks and new ways of hunting,it's basically brand new.But yeah,it's has wii controls slap on to it,they're not gonna change their winning gameplay formula to fit with Wii controls.

Tenbatsu

Anw this port got nothing to do with the PSP. Its to create hype for MH3 and I bet the game will have new controls similar to MH3 to warm up the players. Dont be surprise that they squeeze in a MH2 too.

Yeah thinking that there will be MH3 news makes me happy!:D Hope its not the same as the Jump ones.

billy.sea

Banned
Developers love putting their last gen port on the Wii to steal some money before putting a proper sequel on it. It can work as a promotion of the upcoming big products and let the new gamers familiarize with the IP, and of course make money. Examples like House of the Dead, Zelda, Pikmin etc... expect Dragon Quest VIII port, new Resident Evil & Dead Rising games coming to the Wii soon.

Or you can see it as the case like Bionic Commando Rearmed to Bionc Commando next gen, or Super Street Fighters HD Remix to Street Fighter IV. Of course in here they put more 'effort'.

xfactor

Banned
I think it is Capcom trying to get back the spotlight after Square-Enix stole it from them with the DQ10 announcement

scan of the MH G Wii have appeared

EXGN

I feel like all these Japanese magazines cover is Monster Hunter, DS Games and Final Fantasy...

Would like to hear about more Quantum Theory!

Defuser said:
They change the monster animations,new monsters,new weapon attacks and new ways of hunting,it's basically brand new.But yeah,it's has wii controls slap on to it,they're not gonna change their winning gameplay formula to fit with Wii controls.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! Guess I'm gonna have to get me a Wii and a classic controller this March.

xfactor said:
I think it is Capcom trying to get back the spotlight after Square-Enix stole it from them with the DQ10 announcement

scan of the MH G Wii have appeared

I can't find it, how do the screenshots look if there are any?

So does the game really have the new additions that Defuser posted or did I misread the post?

Tenbatsu

Hero of Legend said:
I can't find it, how do the screenshots look if there are any?

So does the game really have the new additions that Defuser posted or did I misread the post?
Not sure, I think he is refering to MH3. I wonder how the online will be like? If Capcom intro pay-to-play for MHG, they are an asshole.

Top Bottom