• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's DELAYED Japanese magazine thread. (R-Type Tactics, Exit 360, etc)

ethelred

The new Zelda scans look outstanding. I still think what we've seen of the dungeons is pretty blahesque so far, but the overworld/cutscene shots look really wonderful. Love the artwork -- don't know why it's being so inconsistently applied in the game.

Last Remnant looks really nice, too. I'm interested in learning more on this one, but I'm pretty optimistic.

jarrod

Banned
jj984jj said:
A few months ago we got a scan with Manabu Kusunoki art telling us the project is now being done by Artoon.
Well, that's too bad. Not that Artoon is a decent dev, just that I quite liked Drakengard and was looking forward to Cry-On being something of a spiritual sequel (with a coat of Miyazakiesque paint on top).

Anyway, any shots of Exit 360 yet?

Is there anything remotely positive about Koei's Bladestorm yet?

So far I've seen nothing but nil on gameplay and horribly ugly low-res textures.

Jonnyram

Exit will be 800 pts and is due out in summer (220 stages included!)
I finally have the mag if anyone's interested in scans.
Assassin's Creed 2 page ad at the front of the mag :O

duckroll

Jonnyram said:

You saved my thread! :D

R-Type Tactics and Exit plz plz! ^_^

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Is Exit new? Or is it just the stages from 1 & 2?

duckroll

Yay, thanks!

R-Type Tactics looks really, really weird. I bet it's as wacky as R-Type Final... and probably about as balanced. :lol

Exit looks good, at 800 points it's a really good price. But I already finished most of the missions in the original so I'll have to see what advantages there are to the XBLA version before picking it up.

Matix

Enjoyed the original Exit on PSP, hopefully it gets more deserved attention on Live.

Oh, and R-Type Tactics almost looks to damn sexy for a handheld.

lupin23rd

Have we seen any pics at all since it was unveiled?

Anything else scheduled for August? PS3 will be on such a good run in Japan in the next two months, it would be said to have another drought.

m

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Last Remnant looks like a PS2 game as far as the city-shots graphics look (especially the first one we saw when the game was unveiled).

Anyway. Here let me make this thread more fun!

2000085919334156798_rs.jpg

Ooooh! Gotcha! You thought it was a new SotC or a remake or port with new collossi! But alas it's not, altho I guess they could make it happen on PSP:D

EDIT: It's a shot from the artbook which featured alternate colossi designs and such prototype screens as well.

Eteric Rice

I remember when SoTC was revealed, I thought it was a PS3 game.

Boy, when I found out it was on my PS2 demo disc, I was confused (and cut off from the internet at the time).

JDSN

Banned
Wow, that spider one looks epic, the other ones are just ugly variations of the ones in the final game.

Eteric Rice

They should totaly make a power rangers game with Megazords the size of the colossus. And you can climb up and control them and fight other giant monsters and shit.

GRTWO9.jpg

Oh yes, a childhood dream come true, that would be...

neo2046

Dragon Tamer Sound Spirits DS / FFCC DS / Gundam Mahjong Plus Z

Oni Zero DS / Shin Chuka Taisen Wii / Project O (King Story)

several more pages coming

Dascu

Neo, neo, neo...what would we do without you?

Also, DoomBringer, those appear to be shots from the SotC art book.

ethelred

What the heck is Dragon Tamer: Sound Spirit? It looks kinda interesting, but I really have no idea what it is. Who's making it?

So Project O is Harvest Moon+Simcity+Populous+The Sims with drugs then?

JDSN said:

Yeah, sounds phenomenally awesome, doesn't it? One of my most anticipated console games -- I love the ideas they're talking about here, the mix of different styles, and I love the people involved. I really can't wait for more on this one.

Bebpo

Banned
It's too bad the FF1 & 2 remakes weren't bundled together for $30 or less. FF2 looks quite nice, but at $40 for just FF2 itself...lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
FF:CC-RoF looks awesome, I hope the Summon Night DS battle system works nicely, and Project O sounds like a great concept just like it did months ago, hopefully we'll see Project O at E3 somehow (please pick it up someone).

Top Bottom