• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu (12/15)

DR2K

Banned
Kasumi1970 said:
I was hoping that Dead or alive: Paradise was a new fighting game. Is me or dose it seems like the new team Ninja is rehashing all of the old team Ninja games. Where are the new games?

TN usually reveals their major games at e3.

Kasumi1970 said:
I was hoping that Dead or alive: Paradise was a new fighting game. Is me or dose it seems like the new team Ninja is rehashing all of the old team Ninja games. Where are the new games?

They're busy making Other M :p

Kasumi1970 said:
I was hoping that Dead or alive: Paradise was a new fighting game. Is it just me or does it seems that new team Ninja is rehashing all of the old team Ninja games. Where are the new games?
I remember asking the same thing when Itagaki was still with TN :p

vectorman06 said:
They're busy making Other M :p
They recently teased a short scene with Kasumi in a remixed outfit in NGS2. I'm fully expecting DOA5 to be announced by or at this E3 and releasing at the end of '10 (at the earliest) for both PS3 and 360.

Nirolak said:
Scans are up two new characters for the Lufia reboot as well as the previously four announced ones.
First time they've shown Guy's art too. Artea and Dekar's new designs are mind boggling. Are we sure this is Neverland and not some bizarro world version of them?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
grap3fruitman said:
They recently teased a short scene with Kasumi in a remixed outfit in NGS2. I'm fully expecting DOA5 to be announced by or at this E3 and releasing at the end of '10 (at the earliest) for both PS3 and 360.

OH SHI-

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gunloc said:
First time they've shown Guy's art too. Artea and Dekar's new designs are mind boggling. Are we sure this is Neverland and not some bizarro world version of them?
I get the feeling the character designs were done by a focus group. :lol

Nirolak said:
I get the feeling the character designs were done by a focus group. :lol
And the thing is, I don't even hate the designs themselves, it's that they're so overwhelmingly different than the originals. It's like, why even bother trying to pass this off as a reboot?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gunloc said:
And the thing is, I don't even hate the designs themselves, it's that they're so overwhelmingly different than the originals. It's like, why even bother trying to pass this off as a reboot?
Well, I don't mind them passing it off as a reboot really. Reboots tend to be really dramatic. I think most of the backlash they got was trying to pass it off as a remake at first, which it seems to be really far from.

Vamphuntr

TheCardPlayer said:
Any Robot Masters revealed?

Not from what I've seen. It's basically the reveal of the game. They show some stills from the story with like 3-4 gameplay screens. Protoman is back. It's only about half a page. At least they confirm it's 360/Ps3/Wii.

Nirolak said:
Well, I don't mind them passing it off as a reboot really. Reboots tend to be really dramatic. I think most of the backlash they got was trying to pass it off as a remake at first, which it seems to be really far from.
I don't know why they thought the most beloved entry in the series needed such an overhaul though. It's like "Hey, everyone loves Lufia II right? Let's change everything about it!"

These designs could have been used for a new Lufia entry storywise, and I think the reception would be a lot more optimistic.

Negator said:
Looks like they went ahead and revealed who the new characters in Star Ocean 4 International are.
Does the scans say
Welch and Crowe
are playable though? It just shows some artwork for them but they don't appear in any of the accompanying battle screen shots.

Negator

I can't really say that I can read it, but the way it is presented it heavily implies that
Welch and Crowe
are the new inclusions.

ethelred

Welch, really? Oh my god. :(

Including more of her actually makes the PS3 version even worse than the original. This is not added content, it's a downgrade.

Vamphuntr

ethelred said:
Welch, really? Oh my god. :(

Including more of her actually makes the PS3 version even worse than the original. This is not added content, it's a downgrade.

Does it really say that they are playable? Because the rest of the articles seems about explaining the basic of the game : Rush mode, rush combo and 4 member battles lol.

It would'nt make any sense storywise if they are though.

Ploid 3.0

Why can't the translator guy post on gaf. He needs a bat signal.

I bet there's nothing new on GT5 info. Why are PD so tight lipped, no major racing game is coming out soon, well maybe if it's really releasing in summer.

Takuhi

The Star Ocean 4 scans definitely do not say/suggest/imply that Welch and Crowe are playable. The headline to their sidebar is merely "Important Characters Involved in the Story."

New playable characters would merit a whole lot more coverage than two pages on battle mechanics that haven't changed since the 360 version.

ethelred

Seda said:
Although Welch and Crowe are pretty obvious picks for additional characters, unless they create entirely new characters (a la Patty)

It's such an appalling thought. I have absolutely no intention of playing the PS3 version, but if they do add more of Welch, I'll feel so incredibly bad for the people who do inflict this upon themselves. As if Lymle, Reimi, and Meracle (alongside interactions with Welch in the IC system) weren't bad enough. :/

kassatsu

Banned
Is Spelunker Black just a dlc add-on. It just looks like maps where the level is only lit by the flashlights on the helmets.

duckroll

ethelred said:
It's such an appalling thought. I have absolutely no intention of playing the PS3 version, but if they do add more of Welch, I'll feel so incredibly bad for the people who do inflict this upon themselves. As if Lymle, Reimi, and Meracle (alongside interactions with Welch in the IC system) weren't bad enough. :/

Well think of it this way. If Welch is playable in battles, doesn't that mean she can be killed in battles? The thought of being able to watch her die, and lie dead on the ground while you switch to another character could be an appealing one for some people!

The only plus I can imagine with playable welch is maybe her hand-wand thingie will give bad guys the finger when she taunts.

Otherwise goodness gracious think of all of the outdated internet memes she's going to yell out in battle.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kasumi1970 said:
I was hoping that Dead or alive: Paradise was a new fighting game. Is it just me or does it seems that new team Ninja is rehashing all of the old team Ninja games. Where are the new games?

They're rehashing a cell phone game with Paradise. :lol

:/

Shapingo

lupinko said:
Costumes? New Scenario? o_O

Desperate Escape: Jill and Josh are the main characters and have the mission to escape and help Chris and Sheva. The atmosphere is hectic and you're bombarded with enemies. There are 3 chapters.

Lost in Nightmares: The Chris and Jill mansion scenario (more puzzle based)

d+pad

OK, Monster Hunter: Poka Poka Airu Mura looks seriously appealing to me. Does that say something about me? :lol Hopefully it'll come to NA...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Seda said:
OH GOD.

I just realized how annoying Welch's battle voice would be, yelling out the skill names with her ridiculous voice over.
I can't even manage how ackward it would be to have Welch and Reimi in battle together. They would probably have to make Welch's voice even more ridiculous so that the two voices don't blend together.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BlazingDarkness said:
what is dead or alive paradise?

The PC version that was supposed to come out? (Or did it come out and I didn't notice?)

Edit: Holy shit, thread exploded while I was posting. Apparently DOAXBV for PSP? Nice, I guess. :lol Damn Firefox for saying it finished loading and damn me for not checking the times.

jiggle said:
Is it really XBV?
Or a gambling game using still images?

No volleyball, just pool hopping, gift giving, and gambling. Now that Itagaki is gone, Tecmo can whore out the franchise and it's ladies all they want. Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 Sigma with playable Dynasty Warrior characters, anyone?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
kassatsu said:
Is Spelunker Black just a dlc add-on. It just looks like maps where the level is only lit by the flashlights on the helmets.

Looks like DLC. The scans are too fucking small to read anything.

I haven't followed Estpolis at all. Is it an Action RPG?

duckroll

thetrin said:
I haven't followed Estpolis at all. Is it an Action RPG?

Yes, it's an action RPG reimagining of Lufia 2. The staff are the same guys who created the series and made the first two games, now they're Neverland Soft, the developers of the Shining Force Neo/EXA series and Rune Factory games.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Infernal Monkey said:
It's been four years since DOA4. Don't give Tecmo even more shitty ideas.

Rehash/hackjob or not, I would totally be down for a DOA4 PS3 port that adds in the playable characters from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

GrayFoxPL

Lyte Edge said:
Rehash/hackjob or not, I would totally be down for a DOA4 PS3 port that adds in the playable characters from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Don't give them any ideas. DOA4 is fine, but I rather have a new game in the series. Too much lazy ports.

Top Bottom