• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu 12-8-09 (ETRIAN ODYSSEY 3... plus FFXIII score)

Onesimos

Where in the scan or thread that states that Final Fantasy XIII did not receive the "perfect" 40/40 score? I do not see it anyone where on the thread.

If the rumors are true, then my prediction was wrong, as I predicted it would be the fifth game this year that Famitsu gave a 40/40 score. Howvever, I am not surprised.

Mario fireballed Lightning! :D

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Famitsu just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after reading about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Famitsu has alienated an entire market with this move.

Famitsu, publicly apologize and give FFXIII a 40/40 for PS3 and 39/40 for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This comes after Square bought like 200 pages of coverage in the last few weeks. The nerve of this magazine. It shall be destroyed.

_leech_ said:
Irrelevant without translated text.

Already been posted, and, unsurprisingly, it's still irrelevant.

[Nintex]

So guys,

Reviewer 3 didn't give the perfect score to FF13

13x3=39 = score the game got in Famitsu, what does it mean?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Onesimos said:
Where in the scan or thread that states that Final Fantasy XIII did not receive the "perfect" 40/40 score? I do not see it anyone where on the thread.
This thread is going to be awesome.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Zeliard said:
I just stole this from the FFXIII thread:

Resistant to calling it an "RPG-like RPG"?

Needs moar elaboration.
I like that. I seriously do. Developers need to fucking stop changing the CRPG genre all the time.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Y2Kev said:
This comes after Square bought like 200 pages of coverage in the last few weeks. The nerve of this magazine. It shall be destroyed.

I'm pretty Famitsu can be sued for breach of contract here.

Wow. I was also 100% expecting a perfect score because of the way they were giving them out, I thought there was just NO WAY this was getting any less than 40/40, I was wrong. :O

Gravijah

[Nintex] said:
So guys,

Reviewer 3 didn't give the perfect score to FF13

I think detective gaf is going to lead to its first murder.

Calcaneus

Surgeon Rocket said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after reading about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Famitsu has alienated an entire market with this move.

Famitsu, publicly apologize and give FFXIII a 40/40 for PS3 and 39/40 for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
The party that shot themselves in the foot must publicly apologize. That's how it goes.

Majmun

I always wondered. What did the other main FF games score in Famitsu?

I only know that FFXII got a 40/40..

BowieZ

Banned
farnham said:
they gave it to what like 4 games this year...
Exactly! That's too many times a group of four reviewers can coincidentally all feel a game in 2009 is exceptional. Games should constantly be rewarded lower than reviewers feel like in fear of the total score being "perfect" when no game is perfect.

So these four reviewers should band together and draw a name out of the hat for someone to reward a game less than a 10 even if they deserve it.

This is like western gaming press intentionally not giving Modern Warfare 2 perfect despite all the hype after the GTA4 10/10 nonsense last year. Trying to win back credibility wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Amir0x

Banned
Damn all you got was a score from Famitsu? FFXIII looks terrible, where is the gaming news that matters!

[Nintex] said:
2m3206p.jpg

wrowa

Second said:
I always wondered. What did the other main FF games score in Famitsu?

I only know that FFXII got a 40/40..

FF XII - 40
FFXIII - 39
FFX - 39
FFVII - 38
FFIX - 38
FFXI - 38
FFVI - 37
FFVIII - 37
FFIII - 36
FFIV - 36
FFII - 35

Don't know if they have reviewed FF1 (the original version that is).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
wrowa said:
FF XII - 40
FFXIII - 39
FFX - 39
FFVII - 38
FFIX - 38
FFXI - 38
FFVI - 37
FFVIII - 37
FFIII - 36
FFIV - 36
FFII - 35

Final Fantasy XII... best FF game ever. I told you haters!

farnham

Banned
wrowa said:
FF XII - 40
FFXIII - 39
FFX - 39
FFVII - 38
FFIX - 38
FFXI - 38
FFVI - 37
FFVIII - 37
FFIII - 36
FFIV - 36
FFII - 35

wut!

Majmun

wrowa said:
FF XII - 40
FFXIII - 39
FFX - 39
FFVII - 38
FFIX - 38
FFXI - 38
FFVI - 37
FFVIII - 37
FFIII - 36
FFIV - 36
FFII - 35

Thanks for the list. The scores seems pretty constant for the modern FF games.

BowieZ

Banned
wrowa said:
FF XII - 40
FFXIII - 39
FFX - 39
FFVII - 38
FFIX - 38
FFXI - 38
FFVI - 37
FFVIII - 37
FFIII - 36
FFIV - 36
FFII - 35
Man, they're handing out the notion that a game series is getting better with each iteration as technology advances and experience builds like candy!

ssoass

So now only Square games which were directed by Matsuno (Vagrant Story and FFXII) have gotten a 40/40.:D

Not that these review scores matter much.

Top Bottom