• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu 12-8-09 (ETRIAN ODYSSEY 3... plus FFXIII score)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
100 posts and STILL no posting of Kobun's image yet? You all fail.

2akhis2.jpg

near

Gold Member
That one extra mark would have made such a HUGE difference, it's now really difficult to say whether FFXIII will do well commercially. :s

Culex

Banned
Oh jeeze so what are all these retailers going to do with all the bundles and copies of the game? No one is going to buy them now!

Pack it up Sony and SE. IT'S OVAH!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AERIS, AERIS...AERIS...
NOOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
THERE IS NO REASON TO GO ON

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRRRRRRRR

Effect

I do not thing this is going to be an RPG but simply an interactive movie in the end. I just get this weird feeling every time I see footage of this.

I sorta smirked at the "battle damage is hard to see" thing, does that mean there are no numbers that pop up once your party members hit a monster? If so: OMG no true RPG confirmed!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any news on SSFIV new gameplay systems? or KOFXII Black?

B.K.

magicalsoundshower said:
I sorta smirked at the "battle damage is hard to see" thing, does that mean there are no numbers that pop up once your party members hit a monster? If so: OMG no true RPG confirmed!

No. That just means that Famitsu is playing on a SDTV and hasn't used any of their moneyhat money to upgrade to HD.

Etrian Odyssey 3, I see a port town. Looks like ocean and island exploration and "Oceanic Quests" are involved. I see a Pirate class, I think.

39/40 is the new 40/40.

High, not too high and yet more credible. Enough to make the public still go out and buy a few nicely rounded millions of copies.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Well I guess that explains where there were still EO staff unaccounted for after Devil Survivor and Strange Journey, especially Komori.

Aokage did a translation in FFXIII thread

10: "Although the game is linear until the midway point, the story is substantial, like no FF before it, with its own distinctive appeal. The battles based around changing characters' roles is radical, and highly strategic. The tempo is speedy and you get very excited when fighting strong enemies. Being able to restart battles is a user-friendly feature I'm happy about.

9: "Unquestionably the highest echelon of event and movie scenes. Moreover, changing Optimas on a dime, the varied abilities and being able to use multiple magics at once bring real exhilaration to the battles. That high quality is unfortunately offset by a story that stays linear until the midway point. The lack of gimmicks during the middle of the game also worried me."

10: "The overwhelming graphics expressing every nook and cranny of this unique world, along with the praiseworthy direction, moved me!! The battle system is applicable both to beginners and micro-managers. They progress quickly, and have ratings, so you never grow tired and can always fight with a feeling of urgency. The melancholic story is also so dramatic, you can't tear your eyes away from it."

10: "I doff my hat to the overwhelming graphics and story. Since the game's various systems become denser as the story progresses, you find yourself pulled ever deeper into the experience. The summon battles take careful planning and strategy, so I was frustrated a few times, but the feeling of achievement when you win is something special. You'll be sorry if you don't play this!"

7Th

I don't think them Japanese care that much about the "score" Famitsu gives the game; when it comes to reviews, it seems to be a magazine based more on impressions rather than numbers.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Zeliard said:
Thank you.

Thank you for not saying "Aerith".
It's Aeris in the English version of Final Fantas VII, therefore I say Aeris. Everyone else can DIAF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Y2Kev said:
It's Aeris in the English version of Final Fantas VII, therefore I say Aeris. Everyone else can DIAF.

Also Aeris is a little easier to substitute in for Iris...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
RainbowByte said:
That's it, I'm cancelling my order for the jp ffxiii bundle.
just kidding unless the 360 version gets a 40
360 version not coming out in Japan.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
This is nice and all, but not when it gives me 500-errors.

Where's the real news.

Mar_ said:
Ahhh. I see. This is just a review of the inferior 360 version.

amirite guys?!?
hur hur hur , u rite dog, u rite!

Top Bottom