• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news and reviews

Boerseun

Banned
I'm getting Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, NiGHTs, and No More Heroes (when they come to Europe).

I may get Soul Calibur Legends for the co-op.

Teknoman

Jeez whats up with the PSP not having actual online play for the titles that clearly need it. First Monster Hunter, then MH2, and now Phantasy Star Universe style game without online play? Good lord. For a system that had wi-fi compatible software before the DS, it sure is lacking when it comes to online stuff...

That being said...I want Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, NiGHTS, and No More Heroes.

Olaeh

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon is moving up top of my "gotta have" Wii game list. Any release dates for outside of Japan? Has it even been confirmed? (I'd assume its coming)

Sciz

Dali said:
There's no way they could fuck up Samba though. It is literally impossible. You add a few polygons to the original models (or not), slap on some new songs, and *bam* new Samba. They don't even need to change the controls. It's unfuckupable.

6lshu7r.jpg

Or not. It's the right choice, though.

Bebpo

Banned
john tv said:
They should just call it "Armored Core: STILL DOGSHIT" and save everyone the confusion

You know there are AC fans, right? You saw the large amount of people who had a love affair with Chrome Hounds last year as well, right? These From Software games have their audiences.

AC4 might've been a week entry in the series, but the series itself isn't bad, just flawed. AC4 had a step in the right direction with the high-speed action and visual filters, but it also did a whole lot wrong and left room for expansions/sequels to improve on.

john tv

There's Unlimited SaGa fans too. They just have bad taste.

Dunno, I've never played an Armored Core game that was even remotely fun (shrug).

Bebpo said:
AC4 might've been a week entry in the series, but the series itself isn't bad, just flawed. AC4 had a step in the right direction with the high-speed action and visual filters, but it also did a whole lot wrong and left room for expansions/sequels to improve on.

Considering just how many chances From has had to make a good game I hardly see a reason to give them a free pass to continue sucking for another thirty expansions.

Then again the fact that they've been able to continue making the same game for so long must have something to do with the fanbase they cater to(who will gladly eat this shit up apparently).

hteng

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Considering just how many chances From has had to make a good game I hardly see a reason to give them a free pass to continue sucking for another thirty expansions.

Then again the fact that they've been able to continue making the same game for so long must have something to do with the fanbase they cater to(who will gladly eat this shit up apparently).

maybe you aren't good enough for this shit

soul

Olaeh said:
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon is moving up top of my "gotta have" Wii game list. Any release dates for outside of Japan? Has it even been confirmed? (I'd assume its coming)

S-E hasn't announced anything regarding a US/European release date, but it will probably happen just like Chocobo Tales.

Defuser

Mandoric said:
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3&360/Capcom/08-1-31)
* Details on the the hellish device that infinitely spawns exploding swords, "Unlimited Sword Lucifer".
Its swords can be used as weapons or as traps that hang in the air.
Is that you Vergil?

Mandoric said:
Nights review
* Doesn't really take advantage of the Wii remote, though this kinda makes sense.
* Good replay value. Gardening mode makes for an enjoyable apres-jeux.
* Controls are unique. A little TOO unique.
* Bosses tend to have the enjoyable gimmick of calling out their mooks for battles
* You have to restart the stage if you die.
* Human missions are a change of pace, but kinda distracting.
* Heartlifting good-feeling stuff just like the previous game.
* Can't skip realtime cutscenes.
* As a fan of the previous game, some of the new mission types may as well have not been added

Is it possible that only Nintendo can take advantage of this damned Wiimote ?

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Is it possible that only Nintendo can take advantage of this damned Wiimote ?

Mithos, are you telling me that you cannot think of companies other than Nintendo who have already released games for the Wii that have worked very well with the Wiimote?

Defuser

Pureauthor said:
Mithos, are you telling me that you cannot think of companies other than Nintendo who have already released games for the Wii that have worked very well with the Wiimote?
I could only think of Capcom and Atlus.

Mandoric said:
We Love Golf review
* Playtime: 16 hours to clear the main tournament, 40-50 to do everything
* Lower difficulties easy enough for anyone to get into.
* Remote controlls feel like swinging a golf club should.
* Good tempo, convenient point of view; near-stressless to play.
* Easy putting compared to most.
* Character design has a pleasant Showa feel.
* Forgiving swing mechanism makes play more fun and well-paced.
* Lots of modes, lots to do.

Camelot never fails to deliver.

Pureauthor said:

I'm saying that the the % of Third Party games that have crappy controls is destroying all records on Wii. Only few Third Party games are exceptions, like Zack and Wiki or RE4 Wii Edition, for example.
Nights will not be on that list unfortunately.

Defuser

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Only few Third Party games are exceptions, like Zack and Wiki or RE4 Wii Edition, for example.
Nights will not be on that list unfortunately.
You're only listing out capcom games.Please name others.

Mdk7

Could please someone take a hi resolution scan of the No More Heroes ad that's in the magazine? A friend of mine wants to print a poster out of it... :p
THANKS!

Teasel

the chocobo dungeon review is kinda disappointing (i'm also surprised there is no mention of the minigames and the card battle aspects) but since the wii is getting shiren 3 too all is good

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Phantasy Star Portable (PSP/Sega/2008)
* They're self-impressed with it abbreviating to PSP.
* Based on PSU and its expansion, with added missions and story.
* Multi-mode, with up to 4 player coop.
* Development by Alpha System.

:D :D :D :D

YES!@!!!!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Defuser said:
I could only think of Capcom and Atlus.

Hudson's Kororinpa. Sega with the light-gun ports; Ghost Squad, upcoming HOTD2+3. Ignition Entertainment's Mercury Meltdown Revolution. EA with MySims and Medal of Honor Heroes 2.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Why Sega is fucking ignoring the PSO series? Rehash those games goddammit, I'll buy them!

Xiaoki

Teknoman said:
Jeez whats up with the PSP not having actual online play for the titles that clearly need it. First Monster Hunter, then MH2, and now Phantasy Star Universe style game without online play? Good lord. For a system that had wi-fi compatible software before the DS, it sure is lacking when it comes to online stuff....
From the description and those scans of PSU PSP it looks like it will be an Action RPG with an optional multiplayer mode tacked on.

Monster Hunter PSP doesn't need online to be successful where it counts: Japan. When the Japanese players demand online then MHP will get online.
Also, Capcom probably isn't very good at programming online components. All their PS2 and Dreamcast games were handled by KDDI and their 360 games are handled by Live. If Lost Planet PS3 has online play I'll be surprised.
Sony has left online programming up to the game developers and that is why not many 3rd party games on PSP have online play, the developers dont want to bother that. The developers would rather someone else do it for them so they just leave it out.

Mandoric

Banned
scola said:
Housekeepng Squadron Chore Patrol is the next million seller series

I agree. It'll be hard, but if it comes out on a light week where it's not being overshadowed, and gets the right advertising push, it may manage to sell one million
yen

Top Bottom