• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news and reviews

ethelred

PataHikari said:
My standards of "suck" must be different then GAF's.

Look, you can say Famitsu reviews are pretty worthless (they are) and that you're going to wait for actual gamers to play it and say if it sucks or not. That's my stance. Of course, I'm fully prepared for people to come back and say that yes, it does suck.

What you can't do, though, is try to spin that review into a positive. 29 is a truly awful score from Fami, regardless of whatever meaningless accompanying fluff they write to justify the checks. It's a bad review. Fami is saying the game sucks. Believe, don't believe -- your call. Just don't try to pretend that's anything other than what it is.

If Sega really thought the game was any good they would have mailed Famitsu a larger check along with the Nights 2 review copy.

I wouldn't be surprised if reviews for this game in the US are delayed until after it hits stores.

Bebpo

Banned
ethelred said:
Look, you can say Famitsu reviews are pretty worthless (they are) and that you're going to wait for actual gamers to play it and say if it sucks or not. That's my stance. Of course, I'm fully prepared for people to come back and say that yes, it does suck.

What you can't do, though, is try to spin that review into a positive. 29 is a truly awful score from Fami, regardless of whatever meaningless accompanying fluff they write to justify the checks. It's a bad review. Fami is saying the game sucks. Believe, don't believe -- your call. Just don't try to pretend that's anything other than what it is.

It's hard to decide if all 7s is a "suck" from Famitsu. I mean they scored ASH and Chaos Legion that and the reviews weren't 'that' negative. They obviously found them flawed but didn't hate them.

chakoo

Banned
Phantasy Star Portable (PSP/Sega/2008)

Score!!!

* Multi-mode, with up to 4 player coop.
Ad-hoc

***k!!

I mostly blame sega for this but partly sony since if sony had PSN fully going for PSP by now there could have been a better chance for this to have online (specialy if many others were already adopting it). Only Syphon Filter: Combat ops has PSN online support.

ethelred

Bebpo said:
It's hard to decide if all 7s is a "suck" from Famitsu. I mean they scored ASH and Chaos Legion that and the reviews weren't 'that' negative. They obviously found them flawed but didn't hate them.

ASH got 33, not 29.

Mashing

I must've been the only one who noticed that NMH scored 90's across the board. I gather from that their review scores mean shit, it's all about the news.

Sega finally got the damn sense to make PSO into a portable game...and they base it off of PSU? And it's not online?

Fuck man, it's like meeting the girl of your dreams and finding out she has herpes.

Matix

Phantasy Star Portable (PSP/Sega/2008)
* They're self-impressed with it abbreviating to PSP.
* Based on PSU and its expansion, with added missions and story.
* Multi-mode, with up to 4 player coop.
* Development by Alpha System.

Closes to getting PSO on the PSP, so I'll take it up the ass for now.

Kyoufu

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Sega finally got the damn sense to make PSO into a portable game...and they base it off of PSU? And it's not online?

Fuck man, it's like meeting the girl of your dreams and finding out she has herpes.

PSU is more like AIDS than herpes...

Lobster

Banned
What are the negatives of the NiGHTS review other then Unique control and distracting human stages?

or..is that it?

legend166

Sho_Nuff82 said:

Fuck man, it's like meeting the girl of your dreams and finding out she has a penis.

Fixed.

PataHikari said:
I fail to see how this:

Means it sucks.
Compare that list to the SCL comments. We know SCL sucks. Famitsu is saying Nights sucks a little bit less.
There's no way they could fuck up Samba though. It is literally impossible. You add a few polygons to the original models (or not), slap on some new songs, and *bam* new Samba. They don't even need to change the controls. It's unfuckupable.
The same could be said for Guitar Hero and yet Neversoft managed to make a worse game.

tanod

when is my burrito
I see they'll have Wii Fit impressions next issue but are they refusing to do a review on it for some reason?!

pilonv1

tanod said:
I see they'll have Wii Fit impressions next issue but are they refusing to do a review on it for some reason?!

Why? This makes no sense, I demand another 40/40 forum meltdown.

traveler

Not Wario
tanod said:

They only review games.

Sorry; if I didn't do it, someone else would have.

Sharp

tanod said:
It's because Nintendo tried to bribe them and they don't want that impugning their reputation.

Tenbatsu

tanod said:

Most properly they are giving WiiFit more time to see if they really become fitter or healthier after a period of time. Its hard to rate WiiFit in just a week. Its like if you wanna slim down, you also need time to achieve that.

Saitou

Banned
Maybe Nintendo simply refused to moneyhat?

I recall the situation over Dirge of Cerberus, except that game sucked and bombed. If the review gets delayed more than two weeks, then it's cause for concern.
I still played through it. In Japanese. Not understanding shit. Dying maybe three times total. And loved every minute.

duckroll

Wow, I can't believe we're all SO lazy, that even the 2 guys that rehosted the pics didn't rotate the fucked up AC4A second scan. :lol

Kyoufu

duckroll said:
Wow, I can't believe we're all SO lazy, that even the 2 guys that rehosted the pics didn't rotate the fucked up AC4A second scan. :lol

I didn't even notice :lol :lol

.dmc

Banned
Of All Trades said:
The same could be said for Guitar Hero and yet Neversoft managed to make a worse game.

MeeMee and Yan Yan to appear as dancers in slutty outfits confirmed?

Top Bottom