• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news: Jul 16th - Dream Club Portable... and nothing else

SSD9z.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Glass Soldier said:
Damn, that Wii list is pretty cluttered!

That's actually relatively big, relative to many weeks.

schuelma said:
That's actually relatively big, relative to many weeks.

I know, I've been following Famitsu pretty closely. I just find it extremely alarming (or at this point even funny) for the leading home-console.

Glass Soldier said:
I know, I've been following Famitsu pretty closely. I just find it extremely alarming (or at this point even funny) for the leading home-console.

I think "grimly amusing" would be what I would go for...

schuelma

Cosmonaut X said:
I think "grimly amusing" would be what I would go for...

I feel like I could write a book about how Nintendo did so much right and so much wrong at the same time this generation with the Wii, especially in Japan.

schuelma said:
I feel like I could write a book about how Nintendo did so much right and so much wrong at the same time this generation with the Wii, especially in Japan.

Mm. I think their missteps could have been mitigated if third parties had handled the system with a touch more confidence and intelligence, but a fair bit of the responsibility has to rest with the platform-holder.

If nothing else, at least it appears as though the company's experience with DS and Wii has translated into a far more positive relationship with third parties with regard to the 3DS and - I'd imagine - with the successor to the Wii.

Whoever here first suggested that the Nintendo/third party dynamic in relation to the Wii was a Prisoner's Dilemma was pretty much on the money...

schuelma

Cosmonaut X said:
Whoever here first suggested that the Nintendo/third party dynamic in relation to the Wii was a Prisoner's Dilemma was pretty much on the money...

Think that was charlequin, who was right on as always.

hteng

Banned
japan has been sleeping for quite a while now, i remember i used to be so excited whenever a famitsu thread comes up back then :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
the best-selling two madden installments in the last decade

1 PS2 Madden NFL 2001 37,463
2 PS2 Madden NFL Super Bowl 2002 8,436

... there has literally never been another Madden game for any console for the entire decade that has registered sales high enough to be reported on any official chart.

Cosmonaut X said:
Mm. I think their missteps could have been mitigated if third parties had handled the system with a touch more confidence and intelligence, but a fair bit of the responsibility has to rest with the platform-holder.

If nothing else, at least it appears as though the company's experience with DS and Wii has translated into a far more positive relationship with third parties with regard to the 3DS and - I'd imagine - with the successor to the Wii.

I'm really looking forward to the next Nintendo home-console if only to see if they finally managed to get some decent third-party support.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
AndriaSang:

Famitsu Gives Big Tease For Next Week (added 13:23)
Famitsu is promising a "super huge scoop that you definitely won't want to miss" for next week's issue.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:
AndriaSang:

Famitsu is promising a "super huge scoop that you definitely won't want to miss" for next week's issue.
I hope it's Versus!

WYWY

AndriaSang said:
They're showing a PV for ACE R outside Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara on the 19th. Make sure you're there at 18:00, as it's going to be shown exactly once.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1237621_1124.html
Very confident that the long hidden Nu will finally be shown. And it'll be absolutely lame if it's just the usual Nu. I'll throw a guess that it'll be the Hi- version or some other variant.

But yeah there's still a slight chance that these guys will be lame and we see the usual run-of-the-mill Nu.

Varion

ULTROS! said:
AndriaSang:

That Aksys game?

I'm not even going to bother getting excited this time. The best announcements always come when I'm not waiting for them.

Top Bottom