• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news (June 13, 2007)

Dali

SEEDS Inaba interview
-- Kamiya and Mikami are working on a big title(s)
-- no PS2 support, projects will tend to be multi-platforms

Tekken 5 DR ONLINE (PS3, PSN download)
-- 2800 Yen, 1000 yen if people has downloaded the previous Tekken
-- FREE online match
-- online ranking
-- date are not decided yet

Time Crisis 4 (PS3, 2007)
-- Guncon 3 also revealed
-- AC mode 100% port
-- Mission mode: Rush will be the main character

Wow this is all big news. Guncon 3, online Tekken, and Seeds bringing their best magics to the 360/PS3/Wii.

dili

Great Folks Soul score. I always had faith since I saw it at last TGS 06. I look forward to getting it for my PS3 when it releases in NA

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Online patch for T5 is very nice. Begone VF5.

Edit:
PS3 Folks Souls - 8/9/8/8 - 33/40

Nice. Releases next Thursday.

SWEET. Good job Game Republic.
gladtomeetya.gif

linsivvi

SailorDaravon said:
Already Sengoku Musou 2? :lol So much for the last one being the last of the PS2 games.

This is the expansion pack for Sengoku Musou 2, which was released last year.

The one released a couple months ago was Musou Orochi.

And the milking continues....

Defensor said:
I wonder if this will start a whole lightgun wars for Namco and Sega again on two consoles. Namco supporting PS3 with their lightgun titles with Sega supporting Wii exclusively.

jumptoconclusions.jpg

Dali said:
Wow this is all big news. Guncon 3, online Tekken, and Seeds bringing their best magics to the 360/PS3/Wii.

I actually took the Seeds thing as "for 360 and PS3".

tribal24 said:
i expect bad ps3 news-_- coming up soon since so much good news

NPD is on Thursday and Japanese MC is always on Thursdays everyweek.

Aaron

Sho Nuff said:
Wait, so now Famitsu reviews hold weight this week or something?
When they give the scores people want, they do. It's like magic. It only works if you believe.

Dali

titiklabingapat said:
I actually took the Seeds thing as "for 360 and PS3".

I did too. My post actually only said those two, but I made a stealth edit just to keep the Wii fanboys happy. Technically the way the OP relays it, it could mean PS3/Wii, 360/Wii, PS3/360, or all three. I assume they are too small to work on two totally different games which is why I think PS3/360, but I could be wrong.

ethelred

Dali said:
I did too. My post actually only said those two, but I made a stealth edit just to keep the Wii fanboys happy. Technically the way the OP relays it, it could mean PS3/Wii, 360/Wii, PS3/360, or all three. I assume they are too small to work on two totally different games which is why I think PS3/360, but I could be wrong.

Inaba's made it pretty clear he's not interested in the Wii and doesn't care to develop for it (which is fine) -- I don't know why some people insisting on continuing to believe that that support was coming despite his politely phrased utter distaste for the machine. This should, hopefully, put the nail in the coffin of that incessant speculation. No Seeds on Wii.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dali said:
"Big" next-gen titles cannot be done on Wii. I'm interesting in who's funding these though.

ethelred said:
Inaba's made it pretty clear he's not interested in the Wii and doesn't care to develop for it (which is fine) -- I don't know why some people insisting on continuing to believe that that support was coming despite his politely phrased utter distaste for the machine. This should, hopefully, put the nail in the coffin of that incessant speculation. No Seeds on Wii.

So Nintendo haven't moneyhatted him yet? They should start sending him one since it's pretty clear that they are starting to distribute them to others.

sp0rsk said:
Is it bad I always read "Itadaki Street" as "Itagaki" street?

I see Itagaki's "Master Plan" is working....earlier than expected!

/wrings hands (cue the mrburnslaugh.gif) "Excellent. Excellent"

mj1108

Aaron said:
When they give the scores people want, they do. It's like magic. It only works if you believe.

It's the same kind of thing that happens with EGM scores, Gamespot scores, 1up scores, etc....

ethelred

titiklabingapat said:
So Nintendo haven't moneyhatted him yet? They should start sending him one since it's pretty clear that they are starting to distribute them to others.

Some developers have principles.

ethelred said:

Which Inaba comments are you referring to? Google doesn't turn anything like that up, that I can see.

Tekken 5 DR ONLINE (PS3, PSN download)
-- 2800 Yen, 1000 yen if people has downloaded the previous Tekken
-- FREE online match
-- online ranking
-- date are not decided yet

What...What?!!

OMG!! DO WANT!! EXCESSIVELY WANT!!!

jesusraz

neo2046 said:
DS Itadaki Streets DS - 9/9/9/9

S-E's highest scoring DS game so far? Tying with Children of Mana? I seriously hope this is the first effort to actually get translated, as it looks like good fun.

Bo130

jesusraz said:
S-E's highest scoring DS game so far? Tying with Children of Mana? I seriously hope this is the first effort to actually get translated, as it looks like good fun.

Actually twice tied, but yes, it's the highest with those.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker | 10 / 9 / 8 / 9 | 36/40
Itadaki Streets DS | 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 | 36/40
Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana | 10 / 10 / 8 / 8 | 36/40

Jonnyram

nelsonroyale said:
oh shit...

halo 2: 9 8 8 9

nooooooooooo
Sorry, I was just quoting this week's reviews, since they're all reviewed by the same people, it is a more meaningful comparison, no? I don't believe Halo 2 was reviewed by the same staff.

peace (^_^)v

Jonnyram said:
Sorry, I was just quoting this week's reviews, since they're all reviewed by the same people, it is a more meaningful comparison, no? I don't believe Halo 2 was reviewed by the same staff.

peace (^_^)v

hahah you got me. I wasnt disagreeing with you...from the little Ive played of saints row, it seemed terrible. I quite enjoyed folk soul though, especially the enemy design

peace

Phthisis

neo2046 said:
SEEDS Inaba interview
-- Kamiya and Mikami are working on a big title(s)
-- no PS2 support, projects will tend to be multi-platforms

**** that, I'm skipping right to step 4: PROFIT.

Jonnyram

nelsonroyale said:
hahah you got me. I wasnt disagreeing with you...from the little Ive played of saints row, it seemed terrible. I quite enjoyed folk soul though, especially the enemy design

peace
I didn't enjoy Saints Row either... the art style made me throw up.

no worries

Top Bottom