• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu of Monster Hunter 3, WKS PS3 and DI-SSI-DIA *pom pom*

Tenbatsu

Defuser said:
Which is why we have xlink and planex for!!! It's Wii compatible!!
Sorry but I got to let you know that MH3 cannot xlink cause its a game with a dedicated server. xlink is like a virtual server for LAN only.....:(

DCharlie said:
your track record with disc predictions isn't great, looks like the runs all set to continue!

here, let an expert show you :

none in 09. 1 in 2010 or 4 in 2010. Both games being the same, do you enjoy install and sandwich , or disk switch / exercise ?

sandwich or exercise

hmmmm

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tenbatsu said:
Some Monster Hunter 3 info for those who had played previous ones.
Other than the 3 Monster status like

a)Normal
b)Angry
c)weak, there will be one new status....

From the interview, it seems to be
'HUNGRY'
:lol
That's pretty awesome.

I wonder if this means food traps will actually be easy to use and actually useful.

Tenbatsu

Error said:
That's pretty awesome.

I wonder if this means food traps will actually be easy to use and actually useful.
Yes in some way but most important, imagine if you're hunting a big dragon and there are 2 different ones living in the same ecosystem and the one you're not hunting is hungry, what will happen? Everything is happening in real time:lol

They also mentioned that when you're chasing big monsters around the field they can destroy terrains etc etc.

later

The magazine scored an interview with two key hunters, producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Kaname Fujioka. The concept for the game, according to Tsujimoto, is to restart Monster Hunter from scratch, filling the game with new ideas. The switch in platforms from the PS2 to the Wii was one of the reasons for this big rethinking of the series, Fujioka explained.

Monster Hunter 3 will place players on a new field: an unexplored island. This setting appears to offer a lot of variety, from thick forests, to dark caves, all the way to deep underwater environments surrounding the island.

The two developers spoke at length about the new swimming component of the game. Players will have full swimming controls over their in-game counterparts when exploring the underwater environments. Outside of hunting for giant submerged beasts, you'll also be able to hunt fish which can later be used as ingredients.

While you'll have most of your land-based abilities available to you while underwater, including the ability to use long-range weapons, you'll have to keep one thing in mind when swimming: air. You have an air gauge which depletes with time, similar to your stamina gauge when running about on land.

In addition to the water environments, you'll be able to explore dark areas, like caves. To light up your surroundings, you make use of torches. Without torch light, these areas would be too dark for hunting.

MH3 will also include brand new monsters. Capcom is approaching this area of the game from a fresh start as well. Fujioka expects that the monsters reappearing from past installments will have a certain freshness about them.

One particular creature is getting particular attention. An giant underwater dragon creature, who happens to be known as king of the waters, is the game's main monster, Fujioka revealed. This dragon can actually survive outside the water, so players will be able to face off against him while swimming or walking, depending on preference.

Monster Hunter 3 will see the return of one element of the series that has been missing from the recent PSP entries: online play. Online mode can be played in four player groups, just like the PS2 installments.

The game retains the concept of a "city," which acts as a lobby for chatting and meeting with other players. When playing solo, this city becomes a village that slowly expands with new facilities and access routes for the island.

While Capcom isn't ready with a final release date for Monster Hunter 3, the game is far enough in development that it will be making a playable appearance at the Tokyo Game Show, which kicks off in Japan on October 9. Expect full hands-on impressions from IGN's monster hunters then.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/910/910744p1.html?RSSwhen2008-09-16_234300&RSSid=910744

Majmun

Give me a D
pompom.gif

Give me an I
pompom.gif

Give me a S
pompom.gif

Give me a S
pompom.gif

Give me an I
pompom.gif

Give me a D
pompom.gif

Give me an I
pompom.gif

Give me an A
pompom.gif

pompom.gif
DISSIDIA
pompom.gif

Screw the haters!

Oh and WKC doesn't look very hot IMO. Especially when you compare it with FFX(Versus)XIII. It'll look good in motion, I guess...

Loudninja

nelsonroyale said:
WKC sounds like it will be amazing....I love the use of the word epic...first jrpg I really care about this gen

dissidia get too

Yep, and is it me, or does the main character looks different now?

It must be some IGN guys scanning pages because all games look bad.

Specially WKC. With amazing marketing tactics that would make Nintendo proud, I'm sure we can expect a GOTY of it right? right? guys? I don't know what does SCE have against Level 5 but its always a disappointing outcome.

MH3 finally, but just at 33%? That doesn't even look like early 2009 release. They should milk MH right now, it is on its highest moment ever, with something quick like MH DS, MH2G2 PSP or a port of the PC title to 360/PS3.

Suikoden looks awesome, so awesome.

wat

Just looked at the PES scan, its NOT releasing on PS2 until 2009 (alongside PSP and Wii versions)!

Ugh, Konami banking on PS3 to move its PS2 base to it. Will be interesting to see for sales age for sure.

PD: Double post and all so here an extra (from gamefront):
World Destruction: Michibi Kareshi Ishi (NDS, Sega): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)
SimCity Creator (Wii, EA): 7 / 8 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)
Aquanaut's Holiday: Kakusareta Kiroku (PS3, Artdink): 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (32/40)
Cross Edge (PS3, Compile Heart): 6 / 6 / 7 / 4 - (23/40)
True Fortune (PS2, Enterbrain): 7 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)
Daisenryaku: Dai Toua Kouboushi - Tora Tora Tora Ware Kishuu Ni Seikou Seri (PS2, Sysem Soft): 7 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (24/40)
Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix Max 2 Tokumori (PS2, Bandai Namco): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Guitar Hero: On Tour (NDS, Activision): 7 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (29/40)
Gabu*Gabu Planet (NDS, Koei): 8 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)
Sakai Burai Kaiji: Death or Survival (NDS, Compile Heart): 5 / 5 / 7 / 6 - (18/40)
Knights in the Nightmare (NDS, Sting): 9 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)
Kumatanchi (NDS, Dimple): 4 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)
Chokkan! Asonde Relaxuma (NDS, Rocket Company): 6 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (23/40)
Daisenryaku: Dai Toua Kouboushi - Tora Tora Tora Ware Kishuu Ni Seikou Seri (PSP, System Soft): 6 / 5 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)
Soul Eater: Monotone Princess (Wii, Square Enix): 6 / 5 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)
Bomberman (Wii, Hudson): 7 / 5 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Super Robot Taisen Z (PS2, Bandai Namco): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 Eigoban (PS3/Xbox 360, EA): 6 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
Madden NFL 09 Eigoban (PS3/Xbox 360, EA): 5 / 7 / 5 / 5 - (22/40)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
just saw a wiiware rpg mentioned on one scan - any informations ?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm with JohnnyRam here actually MH3 does not look that much better than the PSP game, as far as textures are concerned. We will definitely have to see it in motion though. Obviously the geometry is higher than the PSP version, I guess it's closer to Frontier than 2ndG though.

Amir0x

Banned
No surprise there on the visual front. Wii *shakes fist angrily*

Really I've accepted that though, my main concern is that they won't saddle the game with unacceptable controls... the PS2 had it down very well, and it was pretty precise. Waiting to hear what exactly the wiimote functionality is in this one.

Still never played the PSP games though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Amir0x said:
No surprise there on the visual front. Wii *shakes fist angrily*

Really I've accepted that though, my main concern is that they won't saddle the game with unacceptable controls... the PS2 had it down very well, and it was pretty precise. Waiting to hear what exactly the wiimote functionality is in this one.

Still never played the PSP games though.

You would hate the PSP games, too.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PD: Double post and all so here an extra (from gamefront):

Kumatanchi (NDS, Dimple): 4 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (23/40)

Nooo.. what happened? :p

Anyways, awesome famitsu news this week, WKS, TvsC Wii and MH3... pure awesome

Tenbatsu

sp0rsk said:
I'm with JohnnyRam here actually MH3 does not look that much better than the PSP game, as far as textures are concerned. We will definitely have to see it in motion though. Obviously the geometry is higher than the PSP version, I guess it's closer to Frontier than 2ndG though.
It did, especially the town areas, it had reached a point where the PS2 cant even handle. Am comparing it with PS2's MH2 Dos thou. Heard that all hunter/monster will have new animations + the weapons too!

wait, WKC is the the last chance of the PS3 in nippon? but the scans don't look too hot if you ask me. worst then LO on 360.

but for a bump on 10k it will be enough.

solid2snake said:
wait, WKC is the the last chance of the PS3 in nippon? but the scans don't look too hot if you ask me. worst then LO on 360.

...no?
i'd even go so far as to say it's the FIRST chance, considering it's the first potentially epic FF style RPG on the system

Kuran

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Its different with a dedicated server to the game....Amir0x should know.

True, I did experience that briefly when Monster Hunter was released for PS2 in NA.

I'm tremendously happy reading that IGN article, I'm glad they're trying to make it fresh again. I know its a bit early to start bitching, but here's hoping for a quick localization and worldwide release.

Paracelsus

solid2snake said:

Good God, you make a troll look like Miss Universe, in comparison.

i'd even go so far

Why? It is, aside from the "wait for" thing, this is the first true jrpg released from a company with sort of a pedigree on PS3. If IU sold that much then WKC can do the same, if not better, considering it will be released in the best period for sales.

iceatcs

No_Style said:
Wait a minute...

Was GAF always so harsh on WKC?
Since E3 this year. Once FFXIII go to 360, they thou every PS3 Japan games will coming to 360. And they got pissed off the WKC still on PS3 only.

Paracelsus said:
It doesn't seem he's trolling WKC just for the heck of it. Mostly, he burned his hand with RG and doesn't want to risk again, I assume.
Maybe becuase of OP, he put ZZZZZZZZ scaries you? Well just ignore Duckroll.

Wollan

Level 5 plays to the criterias I value the strongest. Seamless expansive worlds with incredible visuals running without a hitch, adaptive real time combat functional both in sp/mp, combat with non-comparable visual feedback. Level 5 games & FFXII were the best last gen, they got it (though the latter needed to load every 100m but the combat was incredible). The only thing lacking so far has been online/mp and I strongly hope that's the secret element here as it would just be perfect (the only console 'rpgs' supporting online this decade are those fully focused like PSO, MH & FFXII, it would be cool to see a game fire on all cylinders and be playable both offline and online. All western rpgs has been offline only which is a big mystery for me). Level 5 and the main FF team are the teams that will show us what next gen jrpgs can and should be.

manzo

Somehow this whole WKS situation reminds me of the Xbox fans when they waiting for True Fantasy Live Online. :lol

I've been anxiously waiting for WKS after I bought my PS3, but I've always kept my distance because it's a Level 5 game. After the TGS demo, the whole project has started to have the reek of a disaster.

Thank God Valkyrie Chronicles is going to deliver!

Id.

pompom.gif
Beat'em, Bust'em
pompom.gif

pompom.gif
That's our custom
pompom.gif

pompom.gif
Come on Dissidia, let's re-adjust'em!
pompom.gif

pompom.gif
GOOOOO DISSIDIA!
pompom.gif

Finally a release date for WKC? About time, too! I'm looking forward to the media the game will get prior to release. Hope for a demo? :D

Id. said:
pompom.gif
Beat'em, Bust'em
pompom.gif

pompom.gif
That's our custom
pompom.gif

pompom.gif
Come on Dissidia, let's re-adjust'em!
pompom.gif

pompom.gif
GOOOOO DISSIDIA!
pompom.gif

Finally a release date for WKC? About time, too! I'm looking forward to the media the game will get prior to release. Hope for a demo? :D

:lol brilliant.

Seriously though I hope WKC gets a demo but I don't really see that happening. I hope at TGS Capcom mentions something about MH3 servers and online info. I'd like some real online hunting on my Wii.

-WKS looks amazing and the plot and gameplay ideas L5 are creating makes me wet.

-Dissidia looks awesome as always.

-MH3 looks amazing. Kinda reminds me of ICO/SotC. A few of the city shots looks CG to me.

Other than that, bring on TGS. :D

No_Style

I don't know what to expect from WKC, but isn't it generally okay to give a Level 5 game the benefit of the doubt? Looking back, they seem to have a good track record.

I haven't played a Level 5 RPG before. Gasp!

BlazingDarkness said:
when it was last shown (TGS last year i think) it looked rough around the edges, GAF was not impressed, so WKC ran away

and GAF is still not impressed. Level 5 shouldn't waste their time with a exclusive PS3 RPG which will bomb in japan. they have to concentrate on DS/Wii awesomeness.

Top Bottom