• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Famitsu: The Extreme, the Dragon's fifth fist and the seventh lap

I wonder if Snake Eater 3DS will make it out before the Vita "HD Collection" release. I'm sure Nintendo's thrilled it's taken as long as it has already.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wonder if Snake Eater 3DS will make it out before the Vita "HD Collection" release. I'm sure Nintendo's thrilled it's taken as long as it has already.

Kojima has been trollin Nintendo for years - they should be used to it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Still no confirmation on DQ7? :(((

IF, and i repeat, IF it's real and not a joke, we'll have to wait for the weekend, when Jump is out and scans become available.
Just as happened with One Piece for PS3.

EDIT: But I hope cream says something more :(

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I really hope that DQ7 rumor is true... would love to see a DQ7 remade with a graphical engine similar to 8 (I do believe the 3DS should be able to handle that). Such a magnificent game, one of the most satisfying 120 hours I ever spent on a game.

haha, watch the 3ds and the HD version cost the same...

Any excerpts of the mario kart review? What were the previous mario kart scores on famitsu?

Aeana

I really hope that DQ7 rumor is true... would love to see a DQ7 remade with a graphical engine similar to 8 (I do believe the 3DS should be able to handle that). Such a magnificent game, one of the most satisfying 120 hours I ever spent on a game.
If it ever is released, it'll look the same as it used to (I.e. like the DS remakes) Bank on it.
After DQ6 DS, I have no more faith in their ability to do remakes that are more than slight enhancements.

Plus DQ7 is so large that a graphical overhaul of that magnitude would be a ton of effort.

Was DQ7 good? I remember it always getting ragged on by fans and what not. Might need to check it out someday.

Aeana

Was DQ7 good? I remember it always getting ragged on by fans and what not. Might need to check it out someday.
It's long. But it is one of my favorites.

The length and duration of the intro (that is speedier than the recent Zelda intros, mind) are the main sticking points with fans.

If it ever is released, it'll look the same as it used to (I.e. like the DS remakes) Bank on it.
After DQ6 DS, I have no more faith in their ability to do remakes that are more than slight enhancements.

Plus DQ7 is so large that a graphical overhaul of that magnitude would be a ton of effort.

Very true, I rented it when I was much younger and was intimated by it's scale.

Mpl90

DQ7 thing isn't real (this week at least). I think creamsugar fell for one of the many usual hoaxes.

How are you so sure it isn't real? The fact is that this time there shouldn't be any 2ch involvement in this, since I've seen various subforums, especially the DQ-FF one, and there's nothing about it. Not even a post, at least recently. The fact is that IF it's real, we would see it on the Jump number that will leak this week-end.

Something similar happened with OPMusou

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442759&page=4

From post 178.
We on GAF started doubting about it, especially because, with the weekend already came, it didn't seem to be any news about it. But then, the new has been confirmed.

Aeana

How are you so sure it isn't real? The fact is that this time there shouldn't be any 2ch involvement in this, since I've seen various subforums, especially the DQ-FF one, and there's nothing about it. Not even a post, at least recently. The fact is that IF it's real, we would see it on the Jump number that will leak this week-end.

Something similar happened with OPMusou

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442759&page=4

From post 178.
We on GAF started doubting about it, especially because, with the weekend already came, it didn't seem to be any news about it. But then, the new has been confirmed.
Because it is the type of news that would be all over the place if anybody thought it was credible.

I usually hear about stuff like this a bit early, also, so if it is in next week's Jump then someone plugged the leak really tightly.

Mpl90

Because it is the type of news that would be all over the place if anybody thought it was credible.

I usually hear about stuff like this a bit early, also, so if it is in next week's Jump then someone plugged the leak really tightly.

Mmmh... you should however see if you can obtain an answer from creamsugar about the matter, if you want. Something that can elight us XD

lupinko

Extreme VS is the competitive game of the year. It puts any fighting game to shame! Bow to your robot masters!

Also it's the only true Capcom fighting game this generation.
In that it's actually made in house at Capcom, SF4, SFxTK and MvC3 are all outsourced projects to Dimps and 8ting.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

As long as you can overlook the poor, grainy 3D backgrounds (the 2D monsters look nice as ever though), and a slow intro where it's 4 or so hours before you fight your first Slime... it's excellent. Some of the best scenario writing in the whole series. It's one of the longest games I've ever played but still packed with an insane amount of content, so it never really grows old or wears on you.

Aeana

As long as you can overlook the poor, grainy 3D backgrounds (the 2D monsters look nice as ever though), and a slow intro where it's 4 or so hours before you fight your first Slime... it's excellent. Some of the best scenario writing in the whole series. It's one of the longest games I've ever played but still packed with an insane amount of content, so it never really grows old or wears on you.

4? Usually when people exaggerate the length of the intro, they only go as high as 3!
I mean, I know I tend to be faster than everybody else for some reason, but it never takes me longer than an hour at maximum.

Truth101

Banned
4? Usually when people exaggerate the length of the intro, they only go as high as 3!
I mean, I know I tend to be faster than everybody else for some reason, but it never takes me longer than an hour at maximum.

Yeah it took me about an hour to get there too.

TreIII

Also it's the only true Capcom fighting game this generation.
In that it's actually made in house at Capcom, SF4, SFxTK and MvC3 are all outsourced projects to Dimps and 8ting.

Actually? New details found by donkey show over in the other thread showcase that it looks like the Capcom team may have left Capcom entirely to join Bamco.

It's still the same team making the games, but it may not technically be a "Capcom fighter" any longer. :lol

I'd expect it to look like DQV PS2 maybe, so similar but better and with polygonal characters/objects rather then sprites.

androvsky

How long does it take you to get to where you can change your characters' jobs?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Actually? New details found by donkey show over in the other thread showcase that it looks like the Capcom team may have left Capcom entirely to join Bamco.

It's still the same team making the games, but it may not technically be a "Capcom fighter" any longer. :lol

Which means, hilariously, that Capcom no longer makes any fighting games in-house, even though all three (SF, MvC, Vs) have former Capcom staff on the team.

rpmurphy

More reviews via http://www.gamefront.de/:
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3/Xbox 360, Ubisoft): 10 / 10 / 9 / 8 - (37/40)
Cooking Mama 4 (3DS, Office Create): 8 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)
Crayon Shin-Chan: Uchuu de Achoo!? Yuujou no Oba-Karate!! (3DS, Bandai Namco): 8 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (30/40)
Happy Charlie to Soratobu Carnival (PS3, Sony): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze (PSP, Bandai Namco): 8 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze (Wii, Bandai Namco): 8 / 7 / 6 / 8 - (29/40)
Ocha-Ken to Itsumo na Kayoshi (3DS, Nippon Columbia): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Power Pro Kun Pocket 14 (NDS, Konami): 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (35/40)
Sonic Generations (PS3/Xbox 360, Sega): 8 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (35/40)
Sonic Generations (3DS, Sega): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3/Xbox 360, Ubisoft): 10 / 10 / 9 / 8 - (37/40)
Are they biased towards big-budget western games? They all seem to do surprisingly well.

Hell, even LA Noire was high 30s.

Found some info on the Grev 3DS game from this blog which is apparently posting info from the Famitsu:

http://sinplelove.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-2962.html

Producer: Maruyama
Director: Hiroshi Iuchi (!!)

・Top-down tank shooter
・15 stages, and you can choose between A~L routes
・You shoot once and until the bullet disappears from the screen, you can't fire again
・B button fires shot, L and R reload
・There are three Final stages, and if you clear one you beat the game
・At the beginning of any stage, 20 cards are randomly displayed on the bottom of the screen, and if you match? 4 of them you get a special bonus. Either you can use a special weapon or your armor will regenerate.
・4 player simultaneous play. 4 people can play on 1 cartridge.
・Blog guy compares the graphics to Sanvein: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sB312ZBNRI

Thoughts, shooter GAF?

Mpl90

Here's the update

creamsugar creamsugar
The source told me at the end of year 2010, there will be a power up version of MH3 for 3DS. And then we all knew it during this year's TGS.
5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

creamsugar creamsugar
We all don’t believe it’s “that 7”, right? So I said it’s “this 7”.
5 hours ago

creamsugar creamsugar
It’s a remix version of the 7th game of a famous (J)RPG series, and will sell half year later of a spin-off game of the series.
5 hours ago

creamsugar creamsugar
OK here is the rumor: big N will announce a megaton on next year’s meeting which to celebrate 3DS sold XX million.

Takao

Banned
FF7 on 3DS ? Wait what ?

I really doubt it would be that since it would be a biggest betrayalathon SQenix has ever made, and to release it on a Nintendo platform (a company whom they've had an... interesting relationship in the past)? Uh, yeah let's not forget that they'd be skipping Final Fantasy VI, where as if it were DQ7 it would naturally follow what ended on DS.

Truth101

Banned
Here's the update

So am I understanding this correctly.

His source that correctly told him about MH3G coming to the 3DS, before it was announced, has now told him that the 7th game of a famous JRPG series is being remade on the 3DS.

So it is either FFVII or DQVII, correct?

Beth Cyra

Does it mean FF VII or DQ VII?

What if it just happened to have VII in the title?

Wasn't it the director of Before Crisis who said that if he was to do a 3DS game he would consider remaking it BC?

It would full fill the remake and the VII part of the rumor. Plus it would be far easier for SE to remake that then something like DQ or FF VII and they haven't sold BC to the english fan base.

Mpl90

Does it mean FF VII or DQ VII?

What if it just happened to have VII in the title?

Wasn't it the director of Before Crisis who said that if he was to do a 3DS game he would consider remaking it BC?

It would full fill the remake and the VII part of the rumor. Plus it would be far easier for SE to remake that then something like DQ or FF VII and they haven't sold BC to the english fan base.

Is Before Crisis a "remix" of FFVII? Isn't it a whole new game?

However, now that he specified what he heard...I'd like more FFVII, just because reactions to it would be...I fear there isn't even the word to describe what would happen here on Gaf :lol

Beth Cyra

Is Before Crisis a "remix" of FFVII? Isn't it a whole new game?

However, now that he specified what he heard...I'd like more FFVII, just because reactions to it would be...I fear there isn't even the word to describe what would happen here on Gaf :lol

If it was a port or just a slight remix I don't think the reaction would be that bad.

Now if they used the word Remake then they would set off V and VI fans who want their remake as well as the VII fans who have been calling for the HD treatment only to get it stuck on the 3DS while X gets Vita and PS3.

Takao

Banned
It would make sense for it to be DQ7 since the DS remakes stopped at VI. Where as the Final Fantasy remakes haven't gotten past IV yet.

Then again, many things haven't been making sense lately...

Top Bottom