• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Famitsu Thread: New Shining Force for DS

Tenbatsu

2r3xqiw.jpg

NEW GAMES

- Shining Force Feather
Publisher: SEGA
Developer: Flight Plan

duckroll said:
Shining Force Feather is a strategy rpg by Flight Plan. It uses a top down isometric view and turn based unit movement system while on the field, and switches to a side-view action battle system when you encounter enemies. Kinda like a mix of Tales and VP. Everything is 2D. It is due out in Spring of 2009.

- Atelier Annie
DS/RPG/Gust

- Animal Crossing Wii
Wii remote or Wiiremote + Nunchuk control options

- Manhattan of Requiem ~Kiss of Murder
DS/fortun

CROSS REVIEW
Infinite Undiscovery (360) 9 8 8 7
TOV (360) 9 9 9 8
Pinata (360) 7 8 8 8
Double Clutch (PS3/360) 6 6 6 6
One Piece (Wii) 8 8 8 7
Pokemon Platinum (DS) 9 9 9 9
theresia (DS) 8 7 7 6
Spore (DS) 6 7 8 8
Gakken Mu Henshuubu Kanshuu: Choujou Genshou Research File (DS) 6 6 6 6
Quiz Magic Academy DS (DS) 9 8 8 7

Other Stuff
- Fist of North Star: Raoh Gaiden TV anime
www.haoh.tv

Will post more details when its available, do feel free to contribute.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
since shining force has already wandered into the wrong genre, maybe the ds effect will work in reverse and this will be an awesome srpg

lol who am i kidding

zoku88

Please be SRPG. PLEASE PLEASE

Shining Force was my first RPG EVER

SEGA, you have ruined my childhood. RAPED IT. :mad:

EDIT: Shining Force has always been SRPG, right? The other genres were just Shining... titles, right? hope hope

Is it a real Shining Force from the past or is a fake Shining Force from the present. If it's not a classic Shining Force game, then count me in the IDGARA department.

Akai

Camelot, is that you?

(Actually, I hope not...I'd rather them be working on a new Golden Sun...)

vesp

Akai said:
Camelot, is that you?

TAKE IT BACK

It doesnt matter, its going to be a action rpg where you collect 300 monsters who attack with cards starring an underdressed 8 yr old main character whose main goal is to get back at some bullies who stole his candy when he was 7

Kyoufu

Akai said:
Camelot, is that you?

It is posts like these where I wish I was browsing from a PSP/PS3 where I'd be unable to view such horrific blasphemy in spoiler tags.

Akai

Kyoufu said:
It is posts like these where I wish I was browsing from a PSP/PS3 where I'd be unable to view such horrific blasphemy in spoiler tags.

I wish everyone was browsing from their PSPs and PS3s now! =(

zoku88

vesp said:
TAKE IT BACK

It doesnt matter, its going to be a action rpg where you collect 300 monsters who attack with cards starring an underdressed 8 yr old main character whose main goal is to get back at some bullies who stole his candy when he was 7
DON'T RUIN MY HOPE.

This one actually says Shining Force

It's got to be an SRPG T_T

Right? RIGHT?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I hope its cool :D

The only shining force I played was on saturn (I think #3?). I loved what I played of it. Any other recommendations along the series?

Kyoufu

Corran Horn said:
I hope its cool :D

The only shining force I played was on saturn (I think #3?). I loved what I played of it. Any other recommendations along the series?

Shining Force 3 part 1, 2 and 3.

Best SRPGs ever.

I want it to be a proper Shining Force game.

However, if it's not, I would just as willingly give over money to a Shining Soul 3 (if developed by Grasshoper, after they improved 2 so much) or, surreal as the return would be, a new dungeon crawler.

It will, I expect, be none of these things.

drohne

zoku88 said:
DON'T RUIN MY HOPE.

This one actually says Shining Force

It's got to be an SRPG T_T

Right? RIGHT?

hot stuff, coming your way: the ps2 shining force games were arpgs

Rolf NB

Will it have traditional Sega menus? Will I be able to relive my joyful past of explicitly selecting "talk" from a menu when I stand directly in front of an NPC (or a bucket, or a door)?

drohne

i remember seeing the first shining force neo scans and thinking 'hm, this must be some radical NEW kind of srpg without grids'

lol

see at that point it wasn't completely clear the sega we knew and loved had been replaced by a satanic doppelganger

Kyoufu

This is what needs to happen:

Valkyria Chronicles team (aka Sakura Taisen) give us a PS3 sequel using the CANVAS engine.

They're the only team left at Sega that are capable of doing SF justice.

zoku88

Syril said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_Force_Neo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_Force_EXA

Sorry to ruin your hopes, but "Shining Force" hasn't referred to anything remotely strategic since the GBA remake.

drohne said:
hot stuff, coming your way: the ps2 shining force games were arpgs
vesp said:
Shining Force Neo was an action-rpg.
You know, there's such a thing as lying :( Or not saying anything. I think my heart is weeping blood :(

I would rather live a lie than to learn the harmful truth (right now, since I would've been disappointed later.) :(

lyre

Himuro said:
Hey hey I didn't say it was real.

Lay off. ;)
That only means a shorter sentence whether this turns out to be true or not; that doesn't prevent it entirely.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
So is this, like, the official thread of priming ourselves for disappointment, or what?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Please:

be a strategy RPG
have hand drawn art, that looks like the art from old Shining Force games
do not suck

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
zoku88 said:
NO

T_T

Cuz it is an SRPG :(

It really is :(

I admire your willingness to believe. Try as you might, however, reality will not conform to your expectations. It is better, then, to temper your expectations with reality.

Assume not that it is an SRPG. Assume, instead, that Sega has contracted SNK's Doki Doki Majo Shinpan team to develop a game wherein everyone has been turned into Jogurt. Everyone, that is, save our hero, who must rub the no-no zones of every Jogurt in the world in hopes of finding the real one.

Now. Expectations set accordingly, when Shining Force is revealed to be an absurd action-puzzle-training-collectathon you will be equipped to meet this grim knowledge not with recrimination and despair, but rather a vague, unpleasant sense of discomfited relief.

"Sega may be dead, their wretched corpse paraded like a meat puppet by malefactors with neither conscience nor soul," you will say to yourself, "but, deep down, within that gangrenous cadaver there yet lies the heart of what once was Sega, stilled forever, but somehow still possessing a mote of purity at its core."

Top Bottom