• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news - Level 5 Soccer RPG, BOB!!, Project O, Camelot is back

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So the golf game is most likely just a port? Blah.

ant1532

Banned
Mashing said:
When I see Camelot's name and Golden Sun to not appear in the same sentence, I become a sad panda.
:lol

People just don't give up sometimes! Good though I guess, it actually got us somewhere with NiGHTS

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
schuelma said:
So the golf game is most likely just a port? Blah.
choices(jumptoconclusions)rug.jpg

That game isn't even out yet.

ethelred said:
Then you're always going to be a sad panda when you see Camelot's name. :lol :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
VOOK said:
Because your Wii would be modded... and you would be using a copied disk...

Oh I see. I actually did a little research on this, apparently mod chips don't do the whole PAL/NTSC thing yet, and there's only one that does real region unlocking. *sigh* I'll never get to play this damn game in English.

Meier

The Level-5 game sounds a lot like Blitzball.. which I loved. Seriously put at least 40-50 hours into it across my 3 FFX play-throughs. I wish S-E had released a more full-fledged title -- I loved the recruitment and leveling up / powering up.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
sp0rsk said:
Oh I see. I actually did a little research on this, apparently mod chips don't do the whole PAL/NTSC thing yet, and there's only one that does real region unlocking. *sigh* I'll never get to play this damn game in English.

Don't worry, your'll be playing it at nearly the same time as us. Nintendo has screwed us both :(

Saitou

Banned
Man, if Level 5's football RPG is anything like those Captain Tsubasa games, it should be an instabuy.

Also, do we even know if the poeple withing Camelot who made Golden Sun still work there?
I mean, there's a pretty big gap between Golf games and GS1-2.

jay

Mashing said:
When I see Camelot's name and Golden Sun to not appear in the same sentence, I become a sad panda.

I still get sad when I see Camelot appear in a sentence without the word "shining".

ethelred

Saitou said:
Also, do we even know if the poeple withing Camelot who made Golden Sun still work there?

Yes. Camelot is basically the entire Takahashi family. They're the same people responsible for all of the company's games from Shining in the Darkness through Golden Sun 2 and Mario Tennis Advance. And since they own the company, they're not going anywhere.

Akai

Saitou said:
Yep, the Takahashi brothers are still in charge of Camelot...

ggnoobIGN

Banned
jj984jj said:
And it would be a port of a game that wasn't released?
Was it never released? I don't know as it was Japan only.

Even if not, wouldn't it still be a port? Depending how much they change I guess.

jj984jj

ggnoobIGN said:
Was it never released? I don't know as it was Japan only.

Even if not, wouldn't it still be a port? Depending how much they change I guess.
It's suppose to come out in 2008.

Oldschool said:
Can anyone translate this article? :D

http://ccff7.jugem.jp/?eid=58 :D

Johnny, jj984jj, Bebpo, spork, anyone?

Apparently gemaga review Crisis Core...:D
I don't know Japanese. Sorry.

Baryn

Banned
Hey, I have an idea!

Fuck you thread title!

256px-Bobgame1.png

Not that disappointed

sp0rsk said:

WiiKey does region unlocking, and i went and ordered MP3 anyway..... HA! Screw You NoE

TreIII

A Soccer RPG, maybe like Captain Tsubasa...!?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Between Million making another Kunio-kun no Dodge Ball (has that gotten any further announcements, regarding a release date, BTW?), and now Lvl. 5 heading up what seems to be a follow-up to the Tecmo Tsubasa Soccer games, this could definitely be a good time to like these "over the top sports games".

All I would need is for Million to follow-up Dodge Ball with a Dunk Heroes game...I love that game, and I still think that it takes NBA Jam to school when it comes to Basketball made 100X more awesome. :D

Oh, and Project O sounds like it could be a lot of fun to be had, too. Too bad that it doesn't seem to have any "action RPG-y" game play, a la ActRaiser. But ah well...

schuelma

-WindYoshi- said:
Camelot + Capcom... such a delicious combination!
I guess this will be the definitive golf game on the Wii.

God I hope so. Almost a year after launch and Wii Sports golf is still arguably #1.

ethelred said:
Yes. Camelot is basically the entire Takahashi family. They're the same people responsible for all of the company's games from Shining in the Darkness through Golden Sun 2 and Mario Tennis Advance. And since they own the company, they're not going anywhere.

No wonder they create such great things... the bond of family.

Bebpo

Banned
Sporsk, I just tried MP3 on JPN Wii and it won't play.

If you see anyone without a US Wii admitting they are playing MP3 US, you can ban them without guilt :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
DefectiveReject said:
WiiKey does region unlocking, and i went and ordered MP3 anyway..... HA! Screw You NoE

I came realllllllllly close to getting one of these, but it appears I have found a much more legal method for playing Prime 3.

Jammy

Banned
schuelma said:
God I hope so. Almost a year after launch and Wii Sports golf is still arguably #1.

Have you played Super Swing Golf? The swing mechanics are easily the best of any golf game I've played on the Wii so far and there's a ton of personality in the game not to mention all the stuff there is to unlock. The only cons are pretty much the framerate occasionally and lack of online. The courses are very imaginative, etc.

sp0rsk said:
I came realllllllllly close to getting one of these, but it appears I have found a much more legal method for playing Prime 3.

Modchips aren't illegal in Europe i believe? Also it isn't a MODchip its a drive chip. And i don't download ISO's I import and then buy the PAL game later. Luckily i am on a nice wage!

Anyway, glad to see Camelot back on board! TGS looks like we could a lot of new stuff on show!

schuelma

Jammy said:
Have you played Super Swing Golf? The swing mechanics are easily the best of any golf game I've played on the Wii so far and there's a ton of personality in the game not to mention all the stuff there is to unlock. The only cons are pretty much the framerate occasionally and lack of online. The courses are very imaginative, etc.

I read some decent things, but I thought I also read that the swing is kind of broken up so its not very realistic- from IGN's review:

"In Super Swing the game controls a bit differently, but it's also more precise when dealing with the finer points of a golf swing. You'll stand up to address the ball, pull your arms up for the backswing, and then hold. As you ready your backswing you'll actually see the distance marker (that looks like it was taken almost directly from Hot Shots Golf or Mario Golf) rise up the bar. Depending on how you move your backswing (higher or lower), you can actually manipulate the intended distance for as long as you want pre-swing. "

schuelma

So with King Story..is the city/town aspect the God/simulation part and then when you take the people to battle its an RPG? I realize that's probably simplifying things a bit, but does that seem to be the jist of it?

Bebpo said:
Did you guys see that 4 more PS3 games got cancelled and [presumably] moved to Wii?

The games are probably just on hold until the Wii (dumbed down) versions make enough money to fund them.

jj984jj

Bebpo said:
Did you guys see that 4 more PS3 games got cancelled and [presumably] moved to Wii?
They need to profit off those Wii-oriented games to fund better PS3 games.

Edit: They are already budget games Chris.

Defuser

Oldschool said:
Can anyone translate this article? :D

http://ccff7.jugem.jp/?eid=58 :D

Johnny, jj984jj, Bebpo, spork, anyone?

Apparently gemaga reviewed Crisis Core...:D
pix_070828_gemaga.jpg

http://www.psphyper.com/psp/zack-on-gemaga-cover/
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII’s main character Zack is on the cover of the latest issue of Gemaga, where director Hajime Tabata and Tetsuya Nomura were interviewed. LB-CCFF7 has put up some of the information, including the fact that only 10,000 units were originally planned for the special bundle. I am not sure about this but apparently they ended up at 77,777 due to huge demand and that happens to be the maximum amount of the customized PSP Slim & Lite that can be produced by the manufacturers within the time frame. As pre-orders were closed as soon as they were opened, Nomura says that he did try to get a copy via Square Enix’s e-Store but failed and may have to line-up on the day to get a unit himself! Japanese reader can check out LB-CCFF7 for more info.

The official website receives another update today. Cissnei and Tseng were added to the character section. The System page was updated with movies on how the Materia and Battle System work. Check it out now.

And from what I can gather out from GFAQS relating to the article and famitsu Plus:
-lazard will have more screen time then Tsuon
-DMW was aimed for the fun of luck
-DMW was not welcomed at first in the studio

(lot of people will be excited for remake FFVII! after playing this?)
-yea!! but not enough people to make it.... (nomura)

-at first the bundle pack was going for 10,000
-nomura tried to pre-order at e-store but failed

-there will be mail sent automatically to Zacks cellphone
-since aerith doesnt have a cell u wont get mail from her

-some mission are hard so U SHOULD TRY ON THE 2ND PLAY THROUGH

-Shisune maybe from Utai?

-the ending is really well-made

-there was at least 20 retakes

-20 hour gameplay until the nighiblem incident
-the battle level is easy

-theres about 300 missions

-at the middle of the story u will know why theres event scene during battle

-shisune is 16 years old

-u can get the reason why it is one wing during story

-bakaringo (stupid apple) is an important item

-Lazard might come out to the field?

-DMWs memory scene could cut off automatically and then it wont lvl up

-if u could watch the DMW fully the skill lvls up

---------------------------------------------------------------
the review from ge-maga

the battle is really easy so whoever is not good in action games can play this stress free
the bad part is that each attacks are slow so the combo isnt really smooth
u can skip skill's movie
u cant control the view so its hard to dodge
theres lot of save points

Top Bottom