• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Mrbob said:
Team Ninja DS game CONFIRMED.

Please don't be 3D!!!

It's going to be 3d, and it's going to be horrible. I'm not lucky enough for a new 2d Ninja Gaiden to be made. Sorry.

Oh god, and didn't publishers give up on making DS subtitles have the initials "DS??" This confirms it's going to suck!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jonnyram said:
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword announced for DS

wilfredoh7.gif

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
ant1532 said:
Yeah, because Team Ninja sucks at making games.

*rollseyes

If it's 3D, I fear it'll try to be Ninja Gaiden Black, and I don't think the DS will do it very well. They are welcome to prove me wrong. I was exaggerating in my post, but I'd much prefer a 2D ninja gaiden.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Trusty Bell coming out in Japan June 24th. Hopefully not much later here (given that English videos were already posted on several sites), X-Box 360 is a console RPG powerhouse this year. :)

thefro

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword could be pretty awesome if it's not 3D.

It's laughable to think you could even port Ninja Gaiden to the DS from the XBox... it's going to be a completely new engine and game. I guess they could "remake" part of Ninja Gaiden for Xbox on it, but that'd be pretty much pointless.

lupin23rd

That blog states that NGDS will be a "3D Polygon Action game".

How come we don't know what Growlanser VI is on? Do people read the magazines before they post this, or did the magazine just write "Playstation"?

Any word on Namco Bandai games? :lol

m

Grecco

Id prefer 2D Sprite based but i guess i could stand 2.5 D with some 3d Polygons ... Kinda like the Castlevania PSP thing.

but full 3D? Did anybody play Tenchu DS?

jj984jj

Andy787 said:
wtf? If it's a port of NGB, how can it not be downgraded? And by downgraded, I mean sent to die.
It would not, DS can do mipmapping you know!!!!!!!!!!11111
It was just sarcasm.

Grecco said:
Id prefer 2D Sprite based but i guess i could stand 2.5 D with some 3d Polygons ... Kinda like the Castlevania PSP thing.

but full 3D? Did anybody play Tenchu DS?
All we know is that it uses polys, hopefully it's 2.5D.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yeah if Ninja Gaiden DS is a sidescrolling game but with 3d graphics then I wont mind but full 3d? ;_;

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
omg! if ninja gaiden ds is 2d i'm going to pardon my ds for inflicting hotel dusk upon me. it's now serving two consecutive life sentences in my desk drawer.

edit: lol ds 3d :(

TreIII

It needs to truly be 2.5D, and a ressurection of the style that we haven't seen since the "3-pack remake" AllStars package that was made for the SNES.

It could be awesome, if done correctly.

And if that SRW OGs for June is true...well, then score! :D Took that game long enough...!

Haunted

Man, I really want to see some scans now, even though they'll be smeared with big red text again. :p

Someone post that GAF mockup from a previous thread again. (onrine pray? sankyou! :lol )

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I dont think Team Ninja is dumb enough to make ninja gaiden DS full 3d. I can get the superior ninja gaiden 3d experience on consoles, why make an inferior version of that in a handheld?

*prays it's a sidescroller*

TreIII

Mrbob said:
We really don't need Ninja Gaiden DS to be NES remakes.

Not remakes, necessarily, but what about a "New Ninja Gaiden" type of thing?

3D Ninja Gaiden fans are already going to get what they want through NG2 for the 360 and Sigma for the PS3. As long as the DS is going to be the one that is perhaps the most amiable environment for a 2D/"2D style" game, they should make it so that we can have a new, polygon-employing side-scroller that marries the best attributes of the old school and the new school NG games. Again, not unlike what NSMB seemed to be about.

Shouta

Yay! Another Growlanser game. I just hope it isn't as ugly as Growlanser V. If there are scans, I want them. >O

jj984jj

I-can't-see-shit scans of NG have surfaced, looks like you play it with the DS on the side... I hope it's comfortable:

Hopefully Jonny will do some good ones soon. :)

Top Bottom