• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese game mag news

Sunski

VicAlpha said:
let me add this

Gun Survivor 5

I posted this already BUT -

It was already posted days and days ago that the mag was poorly translated and it just meant that the WiiMote acts as your weapon.

xaosslug

duckroll said:
Fuurai no Shiren DS is based on the SNES version with new stuff. Also.... bombshell..... VF5 PS3 PLAYABLE AT TGS. :D

Os, sna--hold up... real deal, or just more lies duckroll told me? :-/

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
sometimes, i want to post "Virtual On for the DS SEGA!!!" but inside my heart, I know it's wrong and that I shouldn't say so...

Geez, how much info is in this issue? I don't recall there usually being this many details in a single Famitsu.

SCANSCANSCANSCANSCANSCANSPLZ

duckroll said:
Not since 2004. You lose. :p

LOST ODYSSEY!

- Demo is completed
- Gameplay screens revealed
- Demo will be included in Famitsu in the first week of November

;_;

ssssssccccccaaaaaaannnnnnnssssssss...

...hm, we're seeing lost odyssey before blue dragon. suspicious.

Scores

Chaos Wars (PS2, Idea Factory): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Rugby 06 (PS2, EA): 7 / 5 / 7 / 6 - (25/40)
NHL 06 (PS2, EA): 7 / 5 / 7 / 6 - (25/40)
Ryu-Koku (PS2, Kid): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Harukanaru Jikuu no Uchi de Mai Ichi Yoru (PS2, Koei): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Commandos Strike Force (PS2, Spike): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Kamisama Kazoku: Ouen Ganbou (PS2, Dorart): 6 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
Metal Gear Solid: Bande Dessinee (PSP, Konami): 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (30/40)
Bounty Hounds (PSP, Bandai Namco): 8 / 7 / 6 / 8 - (29/40)
Gintama DS: Yorozuya Daisoudou (NDS, Bandai Namco): 5 / 5 / 5 / 7 - (22/40)
Yuu Yuu Hakusho DS: Ankoku Bujutsukai Hen (NDS, Takara Tomy): 4 / 4 / 4 / 6 - (18/40)

http://www.gamefront.de

AniHawk

Metal Gear Solid: Bande Dessinee (PSP, Konami): 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (30/40)

Pretty low.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho DS: Ankoku Bujutsukai Hen (NDS, Takara Tomy): 4 / 4 / 4 / 6 - (18/40)

Yikes.

Pretty much, but it is well presented and fairly dynamic for "static" images. It also has a slightly different take on some of the story elements (the Psycho Mantis boss battle, for example).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Bande dessinée means comic book in French. Why the Japanese release used a French subtitle I have no idea.

bloke

up136859.jpg

Waku

typo said:
Same reason why Xenosaga gets German subtitles: Japanese developers = batshit insane.

It's more likley that Gamefront just takes their News from other sites as usuall. In this case probably Jeux France.

duckroll

bloke said:
Well some bastard at 2ch just posted few parts of various articles from new Fami, nothing too interesting.

Yes, that's right, keep insulting people from Japan that are still willing to post scans (in whatever capacity), I'm sure that'll get them all motivated to post more detailed scans shortly! :p

duckroll

Waku said:
It's more likley that Gamefront just takes their News from other sites as usuall. In this case probably Jeux France.

B000FPWBNE.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41177868_.jpg

O RLY. Seriously people, think before you release that disgusting stink of ignorance from yourselves the next time. :p

Ngeist

duckroll said:
LOST ODYSSEY!

- Demo is completed
- Gameplay screens revealed
- Demo will be included in Famitsu in the first week of November

Dear Microsoft, couldn't you even think about us and bring it to the marketplace ?
Don't forget, Xbox Live is bringing it home :D

Waku said:

:lol Yeah right.

That's the reason the news appear on gamefront first and hours later on Jeux France. gamefront made their first update at 6:00 a.m. in the morning today, Jeux France hours later (they have only 5 news online by now and btw no Famitsu scores, gamefront has 30 news and the scores).

And MGS Digital Grahic is called in Japan Metal Gear Solid: Bande Dessinee. Ask duckroll or bloke please if you don't trust me.

Look here please
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-de-70-1gy6.html

The latest issue of Famitsu has the full scoop on Konami's previously announced PSP digital comic, fully titled Metal Gear Solid Bande Dessinee.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/708/708263p1.html

:)

Waku

duckroll said:
B000FPWBNE.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41177868_.jpg

O RLY. Seriously people, think before you release that disgusting stink of ignorance from yourselves the next time. :p

I stand corrected. But you can't say i am wrong with the concernces of Gamefront.

Jonnyram

Waku said:
I stand corrected. But you can't say i am wrong with the concernces of Gamefront.
Yeah, I'm sure Gamefront gets some of their news from other sites... most sites work like that. But to compare it to the low that is Jeux-France is just insulting :p

Waku said:
But you can't say i am wrong with the concernces of Gamefront.

You are wrong, Sir. But who cares. If anybody wants to know where the name "Bande Dessinee" comes from he should buy the book "The Art of Metal Gear Solid" (Softbank, 2,900 yen)

Konamis Yoji Shinkawa is a big fan of "Bande Dessinee" art and explains in an interview how important this style was for his work.

He was 12 years old as he found BD comics in the western import section of a bookshop and they had a great impact on him. He's also a fan of Enki Bilal too.

So "Bande Dessinee" is very importing for Shinkawa-san and his work on MGS. Actually the color-sense of MGS based on BD.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4797326808/

here's a small scan. The interview is in japanese and english.

Top Bottom