neojubei said:Well it is an xbox 360 game so first you have to add this
then the score will be 8.0 or above.
just kidding, I actually like Lost Planet.
This has been well known for a number of years, but people still accept the scores people want to accept.RyuHayate said:Well, Ryan Payton claimed on the last 1UP Yours podcast that the relationship between the press and publishers in Japan is a little too close for comfort.
me said:Finally found it. This text is written by Greg (former Joypad/Gaming, now freelance in France). He also worked for Famitsu Xbox and some other japanese publications.
"The scores of famitsu, how it works :
1) Famitsu is a weekly magazine. Thus there are 4 teams making one magazine per month, with one chief editor each.
2) Before starting testing a game, the chief editor and the reviewers have a meeting and discuss about the game. If the chief editor got special orders from the publisher (don't be to harsh or so) he tells them there.
3) The 4 reviewers play the game.
4) They go back to the chief editor the day the magazine is finished and discuss again. They each agree on the score they will give to the game.
5) The chief editor sends the scores to the publishers so they can comment about them.
6) If the publicher is not happy with the scores, he negotiates. For example : "All right, you are harsh on that one, but the next one you give me a free ad, ok ?"
There it is, it's not that difficult. I say "Famitsu" because I know it from the inside, but in Japan it works like that everywhere. The magazine get the images and infos MONTHS before the official press release, but wait for the publishers before doing anything with them. There is absolutely no research from them.
All the pages about a game are sent and verified by each publisher. If they do a feature about Devil May Cry, it will be checked by Capcom who will send back the page saying them to change a title or some texts...
I hope I did not destroy a myth"
End of the lousy translation
Rlan said:So that's where SEGA is shoveling the money :lol
Though this is Xbox Famitsu, Any idea what's the worst game review either by SEGA, Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony are in regular Famitsu?
No asian version announced yet, and no japanese release has been region free until now :/Kiriku said:When's EDF3 coming out? I need to know as soon as possible if it's region-free or not, if there's an Asian version of the game at least.
duckroll said:Armored Core 4 (Xbox360)
- It will be identical to the PS3 version
- Both versions run on their own networks, so PS3 gamers will not be able to play Xbox360 gamers
- 60% complete, scheduled to be released in Spring 2007
Riot-Act (Crackdown) will be released on 22nd Feb 2007 in Japan at 7140yen. The cover art will be illustrated by Monkey Punch.
hadareud said:I read your post in the other thread already - it is really quite worrying and sad. Especially considering how much faith people put in past famitsu scores.
Blimblim said:No asian version announced yet, and no japanese release has been region free until now :/
Nope I didn't play it, sorry.ChrisAllenFiz said:Hey Blim, have you played EDF3 at all? I was wondering if it was playable by a non japanese speaker. I really want to play it on my JPN 360, but only if I can understand what the hell is going on.
It's Xclusive. You can buy my copy if you want, now that I've completed it 12 timesLevelNth said:Ouch, I thought this one would've done a bit better. I wonder if they'll port it to the PS3 sometime next year now, or is it a definite 360 exclusive?
Yeah, I thought I remember reading somewhere it was indeed exclusive. And while I'm really eager to play it, I don't have either a Japanese 360 or sufficient knowledge of the language to enjoy your copy as much as I'd like. What are the chances of a localized version sometime soon?Jonnyram said:It's Xclusive. You can buy my copy if you want, now that I've completed it 12 times
duckroll said:Riot-Act (Crackdown) will be released on 22nd Feb 2007 in Japan at 7140yen. The cover art will be illustrated by Monkey Punch.
DRZ said:Ok, I know that isn't directly related to this Famitsu £60 thread, but I missed famitsu vote of Jump Ultimate Stars. If someone can post it I'll appreciate very much.