• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese magazine news (Sponsored by MS)

xcomp

Teasel said:
O_O
IT'S THEME PARK DS! IT'S ****ING THEME PARK DS! THIS IS THE BEST GAMING NEWS OF 2006! *cries*
Theme Park on the PC was great! Just wish they would re-release Theme Hospital too!

jarrod

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
new naruto game for wii? yes... :D
It's just Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX... already announced.

Maybe the experts can confirm but it looks sorta different from the GCN Narutos... is 8ing not handling it? Maybe it's being done by Dream Factory like the DS fighter?

Holy wow, DQSwords honestly has the best Akira Toriyama art I've seen in a damn long time. (no, I don't like Blue Dragon's art nearly as much...) It's different in a way, I can't put my hand on it. But I like it a lot.

edit: eh, though it's a bad scan, it looks like FFXIIRW more mimmicks something like FFVII in graphical style. I was kinda hoping it to be full 3D. :\

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
the name of the dqs hero is?

can anyone translate the scan? :D

Sagitario

Chris Michael said:
Holy wow, DQSwords honestly has the best Akira Toriyama art I've seen in a damn long time.

Indeed... I'm not a fan of his characters designs, but I'm liking these ones...

Jammy

Banned
marc^o^ said:
Hajimete no Wii = Wii Play = 7 / 7 / 6 / 8 - (28/40)

If IRC, Wii Play also had a 5/10 in a western magazine.
Quite disappointing.

It got a 91% from OPM and an 8.3 from IGN... It also comes with a Wii remote controller.

jarrod

Banned
Chris Michael said:
edit: eh, though it's a bad scan, it looks like FFXIIRW more mimmicks something like FFVII in graphical style. I was kinda hoping it to be full 3D. :\
Uh... it looks like FFT characters on FF7 backgrounds. Blech!

Mojojo

Mefisutoferesu said:
OK, this is officially killing me, so help me out GAF...

Setia = Pamela Anderson

Hero = ??? ??? (It's SOMEONE, but I can't put my finger on it and that's killing me - any thoughts?)

Elijah Wood?:lol
Elijah%20Wood.jpg

Terrell

cw_sasuke said:
the name of the dqs hero is?

can anyone translate the scan? :D
His name on the scans is "Hero", so either he's nameless or you have the option of naming him yourself.

Farore said:
Indeed... I'm not a fan of his characters designs, but I'm liking these ones...
Yeah, they seem like Toriyama was picking up brain wave interference from Jhonen Vasquez and created this really unique blend of his artwork and gritty punk character design. I totally dig it.

cw_sasuke

Terrell said:
His name on the scans is "Hero", so either he's nameless or you have the option of naming him yourself.

Yeah, they seem like Toriyama was picking up brain wave interference from Jhonen Vasquez and created this really unique blend of his artwork and gritty punk character design. I totally dig it.

ah,thx nice..... any other relevant infos on the scan ? :)

Terrell

Pellham said:
DQ heroes never have default names
Well, I'm sure that with the word "shujinkou", translated as "hero" or "main character", being plastered under the main character's face where the name should go OBVIOUSLY says differently, especially when all the other characters on the page have REAL names.

Teasel

theme09.jpg

after this i can die happy (though i want my biscuits back :( )
anyway exactly how many bullfrog programmer still work for ea? why this should turn out to be like awesome like ye olde theme park? what are the chance of other bullfrog games getting an update?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Last Hope said:
This publication has lost all credibility.
If you forget about the actual reviews, Famitsu is still one the best sources of informations about upcoming Japanese games. By far.

cw_sasuke

thx neo......... dqm looks fantastic from what i can see.... :)

duckroll

ethelred said:
Would it really matter, the quality of the pictures we're getting here? :/

You misunderstand. These are Jump scans. Jump is a 500 page weekly magazine printed with newspaper quality single-color paper. What we want are Famitsu scans, printed on high quality full color paper!

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
duckroll said:
You misunderstand. These are Jump scans. Jump is a 500 page weekly magazine printed with newspaper quality single-color paper. What we want are Famitsu scans, printed on high quality full color paper!

I really do not understand how Famitsu can afford to print a 400 pg magazine with color on most of the pages (some are newspaper--y). That **** is expensive. AND IT COMES OUT EVERY DAMN WEEK

duckroll

dirtmonkey37 said:
I really do not understand how Famitsu can afford to print a 400 pg magazine with color on most of the pages (some are newspaper--y). That **** is expensive. AND IT COMES OUT EVERY DAMN WEEK

Huh? Famitsu is just a little over 200 pages every week.

duckroll

FateBreaker said:
compared to our monthly 90-ish-page PSM that's over half ads, that's pretty darn impressive.

I bet if you took PSM and added the number of ad pages Famitsu has, you would end up with a 200+ page magazine too! :D

Top Bottom