• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese magazine news (Sponsored by MS)

Bo130

A bit off topic, but did they ever review Jump! Ultimate Stars? I think I've missed it...

EDIT: Ok, just saw the post last page. And JSS got 32/40, not 34 :) (8,8,9,7)

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:
Armored Core 4 (Xbox360)

- It will be identical to the PS3 version
- Both versions run on their own networks, so PS3 gamers will not be able to play Xbox360 gamers
- 60% complete, scheduled to be released in Spring 2007

Riot-Act (Crackdown) will be released on 22nd Feb 2007 in Japan at 7140yen. The cover art will be illustrated by Monkey Punch.

This doesn't make any sense. If:

A. The games are identical
B. The games are both online
C. The PS3 version is out in two weeks

Then ....how can the X360 version be only 60% complete....?

Bebpo said:
This doesn't make any sense. If:

A. The games are identical
B. The games are both online
C. The PS3 version is out in two weeks

Then ....how can the X360 version be only 60% complete....?

It says they "Will Be"...? The game was developed for PS3 and will be ported to 360 with all elements intact? I'd gather?

Back to the meat of the news, Monkey Punch + Crackdown = Hot.

Jonnyram

Cdammen said:
Every publication from Enterbrain = /ignore

:|
It's the same for every magazine in Japan, and it's actually true of many western magazines. They've all got their nuts in the palms of the publishers' hands, basically. Keep giving bad reviews - no more ads and exclusives for you, buddy.

Jinxter

I'm not surprised by the high DOAX2 score...this is in a Japanese magazine, in Japan. The country where entire manga and anime based on 'fan-service' have (most of the time) the dumbest stories/plots but because is filled to the brim with 'fan-service' will be amongst the highest rated series ever. DOAX2 is basically 3D 'fan-service'...

duckroll

Japanese release dates:

Lumines II - 15th Feb
Tales of Destiny 2 PSP - 15th Feb

Untitled Shooting game by Warashi on the Xbox360... no other details.

duckroll

jiji says it's on the Dreamcast, not DS. I guess it's being reported wrongly on 2ch? I thought Under Defeat was the last DC title!

icecream

Public Health Threat
I just figured they were going to go the Senko no Ronde route, but if it's already coming to the DC then it's probably not viable to release it again on 360? Do they have the resources to make another shooter?

duckroll

So mysterious!

Anyway it also looks like Suda51's Wii game is officially called "NO MORE HEROES"... unless that's another game. :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
excelica get.

sucks that ac4 isn't cross-platform -- maybe i'll import the ps3 version and then buy the domestic 360 version if i really like it. gotta get the chromehounds gang back together.

360 shooter from warashi, eh? i liked shienryu, i didn't really like shienryu explosion, and i guess i'll see about excelica. in any case someone needs to come up with a way to play japanese 360 games short of buying a japanese 360. i don't understand why they're region-locked in the first place.

duckroll

Title: No More Heroes
Platform: Wii
Publisher: Spike
Release: Summer 2007

Director: Suda51
Character designer: Kozaki Yuusuke

Wii Remote controlled Beam Katana Action! The main character is "Travis Touchdown" and he wears t-shirts with heavy otaku and moe influences. The characters on the t-shirts will be designed by famous anime designer okama.

ROCK!

Jonnyram

drohne said:
sucks that ac4 isn't cross-platform -- maybe i'll import the ps3 version and then buy the domestic 360 version if i really like it. gotta get the chromehounds gang back together.
Hello voice chat.

I'm sure DC will pick up the PS3 version regardless, but the rest of us will all be picking up the 360 version next Spring for some proper coordinated action :)

duckroll

Weekly Famitsu scores:

Wii Sports - 7/7/8/8 (30/40)
Hajimete no Wii - 7/7/6/8 (28/40)
Kyabetsu - 6/7/6/5 (24/40)
Madden NFL - 6/8/6/7 (27/40)
Ryu ga Gotoku 2 - 9/10/9/10 (38/40)
Momotetsu - 9/7/7/8 (31/40)
Gundam SEED Destiny - 8/9/9/9 (35/40)
Zegapain NOT - 6/6/7/7 (26/40)
Blue Dragon - 9/9/9/10 (37/40)

Jump Ultimate Stars - 7/7/8/8 (30/40)
Ape Escape Racing - 7/7/7/7 (28/40)
おどき重視 - 7/8/6/5 (26/40)
Power Pro Baseball - 8/8/8/8 (32/40)
The Right Brain - 7/5/7/6 (25/40)
Cyao - 7/6/6/6 (25/40)

Jonnyram

Oh rockin'.
UBIsoft is making a Cats game for DS, beating Nintendo to the punch by the looks of it.
5 breeds, 15 kittens in total.
22 Feb 5040 yen.

EA is making Theme Park DS too. Out in March.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
duckroll said:

Character designer: Yuzaki Yuusuke

Wii Remote controlled Beam Katana Action! The main character is "Travis Touchdown" and he wears t-shirts with heavy otaku and moe influences. The characters on the t-shirts will be designed by famous anime designer okama.

ROCK!

This game is ****ing sold

cvxfreak

Bebpo said:
Not really, but why?

Uh... then what is? Motorstorm?

I ask because, well, I'm just curious. The 2006 PS3 lineup in Japan is probably the worst for a Japanese console's first calendar year.

duckroll said:

Character designer: Yuzaki Yuusuke

ROCK!
Lucasarts is BEATEN.

duckroll said:
Weekly Famitsu scores:

おどき重視 - 7/8/6/5 (26/40)
Cyao - 7/6/6/6 (25/40)

Will there ever be a US version... ;_;

nice score for blue dragon, although I secretly wished for more 10's. Great score, though.

What's the review say, o' mighty duckroll. Or, um, anyone that can translate the review.

duckroll

FateBreaker said:
nice score for blue dragon, although I secretly wished for more 10's. Great score, though.

What's the review say, o' mighty duckroll. Or, um, anyone that can translate the review.

There's review text that's translated by someone else in the offical BD thread. It's the same stuff floating on 2ch but I can't confirm it yet until there are scans. Hopefully it's true!

duckroll

a Master Ninja said:
What the Hell?

Oh, right, Japan.

What? Everyone agrees Famitsu is lolz, but what exactly was the point of that example? Ryu ga Gotoku 2 got the same score the first game did, Blue Dragon is getting the traditional "very high budget JRPG which apparently doesn't suck" score, and Gundam SEED Destiny is the home port of the highly acclaimed Capcom arcade title with a truckload of extras.

Terrell

duckroll said:
Weekly Famitsu scores:

おどき重視 - 7/8/6/5 (26/40)
Cyao - 7/6/6/6 (25/40)
So, coupled with the DoAX and Sonic scores, is it safe to say that Famitsu is on Sega and MS' payroll and Nintendo is not?

BTW, love the title change for "Heroes". Much more apropos, yet still very cool.

Jonnyram

Terrell said:
So, coupled with the DoAX and Sonic scores, is it safe to say that Famitsu is on Sega and MS' payroll and Nintendo is not?
Not really. I mean, have you heard a single person talk about longevity with those two Wii titles? I'm sure they're great fun (I'll be getting mine this weekend), but I don't expect they'll have the depth I get in typical games, or even typical non-games. They're just collections of well-done tech demos, really.

duckroll > sorry, don't have any more info on Theme Park than you right now. I'll try and pick up the mag tonight.

duckroll said:
What? Everyone agrees Famitsu is lolz, but what exactly was the point of that example? Ryu ga Gotoku 2 got the same score the first game did, Blue Dragon is getting the traditional "very high budget JRPG which apparently doesn't suck" score, and Gundam SEED Destiny is the home port of the highly acclaimed Capcom arcade title with a truckload of extras.

Honestly, how respected IS Famitsu in Japan? Like, do they know Famitsu's mostly BS, or do they worship them?

NinSoX

Banned
The famitsu reviewers' comments on Blue Dragon is very surprising.

Such as "maxed out the 360", "will have you buy a 360" and "Massive beautiful RPG" are very intriguing...specifically the mention of the 'massive' size. I personally didn't think this RPG would be a long game. On the other hand, they stated that it has long load times for core users...glad I have premium :D

Top Bottom