• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese magazine news (Sponsored by MS)

reminder

duckroll said:
Weekly Famitsu scores:

Wii Sports - 7/7/8/8 (30/40)
Hajimete no Wii - 7/7/6/8 (28/40)
Kyabetsu - 6/7/6/5 (24/40)
Madden NFL - 6/8/6/7 (27/40)
Ryu ga Gotoku 2 - 9/10/9/10 (38/40)
Momotetsu - 9/7/7/8 (31/40)
Gundam SEED Destiny - 8/9/9/9 (35/40)
Zegapain NOT - 6/6/7/7 (26/40)
Blue Dragon - 9/9/9/10 (37/40)

Jump Ultimate Stars - 7/7/8/8 (30/40)
Ape Escape Racing - 7/7/7/7 (28/40)
おどき重視 - 7/8/6/5 (26/40)
Power Pro Baseball - 8/8/8/8 (32/40)
The Right Brain - 7/5/7/6 (25/40)
Cyao - 7/6/6/6 (25/40)

Could you add the Systems please :) And what is this: おどき重視 ?

Bo130

duckroll said:
Weekly Famitsu scores:

WHAT!? I had expected at least 34/40 for JUS :( Anyone know why the 7s?

duckroll

As you can clearly see, I'm breaking sacred 2ch rules as printed on the text. A great sacrifice to bring you the first look at the Famitsu preview of No More Heroes! :D

Ginko

duckroll said:
Weekly Famitsu scores:

Even though they suck at scoring, I don't see outrageous numbers up there.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:

As you can clearly see, I'm breaking sacred 2ch rules as printed on the text. A great sacrifice to bring you the first look at the Famitsu preview of No More Heroes! :D
Thankfully this is a scan of Famitsu, not Famituu. I think you are safe.

Ginko

duckroll said:

Haha, as Blim said, Famitsu is all we need. Looks decent btw.

ethelred

duckroll said:

Well, now, that looks quite nice.

duckroll

Review texts are up! Also for those that want to actually be able to read, here's the Blue Dragon review:

丁寧に綴られる物語を始め、わかりやすいバトル、緩やかなバランスなど、初心者でも
すんなり遊べるくらい間口が広い。それでいて戦闘はやり込む余地がかなりあり、調べ
られるオブジェクトも膨大とゲーマー心をくすぐる要素もある。正当進化したRPGと呼ぶ
にふさわしい作品。
9点

最新の技術で古きよき名作RPGを再生した・・・・・といった仕上がりの作品。やわらかく
暖かみのある画像と、自由度が高くプレイヤーのいじり甲斐のある成長システムが特徴
的。演出やムービーなどは、ことさらに派手ではありませんが、ストーリーを進めていく
バランス感覚は絶妙。
9点

バランスよく、王道を突き進んだRPG。かげのカテゴリーやスキル、敵どうしに戦わせるなど
のしすてむのおかげで、戦闘はかなりやり甲斐アリ。また物語は感動的で、各イベントが心
にじんわりと染み渡ります。ただ、それだけに、敵のウンチを調べられるなどの行為には若干
違和感が。
9点

戦闘や随所のコマンドまわりなど、とにかく快適で丁寧な作り。長時間プレイしていても、
これだけストレスなく遊べるRPGはなかなかないかと。鳥山氏の絵も生き生き表現され、
ムービーでも戦闘でもその魅力が味わえます。あと、イアン・ギランが歌ってるボス戦の
曲がイイ!
10点

Basically, it says nothing about the Core System having longer load times or any of that bullshit from the earlier "leak" but instead is the typical Famitsu review. It mentions that the systems are good but traditional, the game's movies are very well-directed and the designs are great. Etc, etc. Also the guy that gave it a 10 loves Ian Gillan's boss theme.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
duckroll said:

****ing ACE! I can't wait for this to release!

duckroll

·feist· said:
btw, any ideas when we'll be seeing more of Trusty Bell? After the Blue Dragon machine dies down?

I suspect quite a few Japanese Xbox360 games will be watching Blue Dragon VERY carefully. If it flops, we might NEVER hear about some of those titles again. :(

Troidal

duckroll said:
Basically, it says nothing about the Core System having longer load times or any of that bullshit from the earlier "leak" but instead is the typical Famitsu review. It mentions that the systems are good but traditional, the game's movies are very well-directed and the designs are great. Etc, etc. Also the guy that gave it a 10 loves Ian Gillan's boss theme.

I just read the Japanese, very conservative comments. It's not like OMG TEH GAME IS AWEOMSE SUGOI! that renders a more believable 9 or 10. Eh...at any rate I can't wait til next week :)

duckroll said:
Weekly Famitsu scores:

Kyabetsu - 6/7/6/5 (24/40)
Madden NFL - 6/8/6/7 (27/40)
Momotetsu - 9/7/7/8 (31/40)
Zegapain NOT - 6/6/7/7 (26/40)

Ape Escape Racing - 7/7/7/7 (28/40)
おどき重視 - 7/8/6/5 (26/40)
Power Pro Baseball - 8/8/8/8 (32/40)
The Right Brain - 7/5/7/6 (25/40)
Cyao - 7/6/6/6 (25/40)

WTH?! 30/40.. unpossible!!

I demand scans for the Jump review.. nao!!

duckroll said:
I suspect quite a few Japanese Xbox360 games will be watching Blue Dragon VERY carefully. If it flops, we might NEVER hear about some of those titles again. :(

unfortunately he's right. but I have a good feeling about Blue Dragon.

I'd say, as long as it sells over 100k, we might be okay. 200k+ would be just more positive.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
FateBreaker said:
unfortunately he's right. but I have a good feeling about Blue Dragon.

I'd say, as long as it sells over 100k, we might be okay. 200k+ would be just more positive.
I'm pretty sure BD will reach 200k, counting the bundles of course.

duckroll said:

Nice ! I definitely want to hear more about this game. Hopefully, more details will be translated from the article.

Oh and...

45646ot6.jpg

Well damn, that's certainly one...uh...interesting design o_O ... However, from these pictures only, this seems like a quite accurate parody of the average magical girl show, which should obviously not be taken too seriously...

Oh, who the hell am I kidding ? Someone call the anti-loli patrol !

Ashodin

duckroll said:

Ace, but needs bigger scan. Heroes is gonna rock.

Matix

duckroll said:

Ahh, Suda you sick bastard (luvs it). Anyway, thx again DR.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Karma Kramer said:
Awesome news for Blue Dragon. Can't wait to hear more about how it is doing in Japan.
Yeah now that BD has got good a score, and with the media blitz MS is doing in Japan right now if this game doesn't sell then there is *no* hope at all for the 360 there.
I think it would do ok.

Odysseus

Banned
Blimblim said:
Yeah now that BD has got good a score, and with the media blitz MS is doing in Japan right now if this game doesn't sell then there is *no* hope at all for the 360 there.
I think it would do ok.

This game could sell out to the base and there would still be *no* hope at all in Japan. There's absolutely nothing Microsoft can do over there short of Sony and Nintendo just going out of business.

Blimblim said:
I think it would do ok.

Well I also can't wait to hear some impressions from people who play it. Too bad Jane from 1up isn't around cause I know she would import and give us some hands on impressions.

Do any other people from Japan plan to play Blue-Dragon when its released? If so impressions would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

reminder said:
Could you add the Systems please :) And what is this: おどき重視 ?

Blue Dragon (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 9 / 9 / 9 / 10 - (37/40)
Yakuza 2 [Ryu ga Gotoku 2] (PS2, Sega): 9 / 10 / 9 / 10 - (38/40)
Wii Sports (Wii, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (30/40)
Hajimete no Wii (Wii, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 6 / 8 - (28/40)
Madden NFL 07 (PS2, EA): 6 / 8 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)
Momotarou Dentetsu 16 (PS2, Hudson): 9 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II Plus (PS2, Bandai Namco): 8 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (35/40)
Zegapain NOT (Xbox 360, Bandai Namco): 6 / 6 / 7 / 7 - (26/40)
Jump Ultimate Stars (NDS, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (30/40)
Otogi Juushi Akazukin (NDS, Nintendo): 7 / 8 / 6 / 5 - (26/40) Saru Get You: Pipo Saru Racer (PSP, Sony): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Power Pro Kun Pocket 9 (PSP, Konami): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 12: The Party Right Brain Quiz (NDS, D3): 7 / 5 / 7 / 6 - (25/40)
Chao Dream Touch! Happy Anniversary (NDS, Marvelous): 7 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (24/40)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Karma Kramer said:
Well I also can't wait to hear some impressions from people who play it. Too bad Jane from 1up isn't around cause I know she would import and give us some hands on impressions.

Do any other people from Japan plan to play Blue-Dragon when its released? If so impressions would be greatly appreciated. ^_^
A lot of people here will get the game on release date if not before. I myself have it preordered since weeks at playasia, and I'll do some videos as soon as I get it, hopefully on the week-end of the release. We have also planned a big big feature about this game for Gamersyde Diaries 3.
Odysseus said:
This game could sell out to the base and there would still be *no* hope at all in Japan. There's absolutely nothing Microsoft can do over there short of Sony and Nintendo just going out of business.
The 360 will never be a console for casuals in Japan, that much is certain. But having an installed based of more than 500k systems, with people actually satisfied with the games available (unlike the first Xbox), could lead to some rather healthy game sales.

Blimblim said:
A lot of people here will get the game on release date if not before. I myself have it preordered since weeks at playasia, and I'll do some videos as soon as I get it, hopefully on the week-end of the release. We have also planned a big big feature about this game for Gamersyde Diaries 3.

Hotness. Thanks Blim

Though try to keep the videos from spoiling too much. Or make sure you atleast warn us before hand. (though I don't know why I am telling you this because you normally are always very informative)

Also if anyone could get some sample tracks of the music uploaded, I would be extremely appreciative.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Hajimete no Wii = Wii Play = 7 / 7 / 6 / 8 - (28/40)

If IRC, Wii Play also had a 5/10 in a western magazine.
Quite disappointing.

klee123

kallisto76 said:
Blue Dragon (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 9 / 9 / 9 / 10 - (37/40)
Yakuza 2 [Ryu ga Gotoku 2] (PS2, Sega): 9 / 10 / 9 / 10 - (38/40)
Wii Sports (Wii, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (30/40)
Hajimete no Wii (Wii, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 6 / 8 - (28/40)
Madden NFL 07 (PS2, EA): 6 / 8 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)
Momotarou Dentetsu 16 (PS2, Hudson): 9 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II Plus (PS2, Bandai Namco): 8 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (35/40)
Zegapain NOT (Xbox 360, Bandai Namco): 6 / 6 / 7 / 7 - (26/40)
Jump Ultimate Stars (NDS, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (30/40)
Otogi Juushi Akazukin (NDS, Nintendo): 7 / 8 / 6 / 5 - (26/40) Saru Get You: Pipo Saru Racer (PSP, Sony): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Power Pro Kun Pocket 9 (PSP, Konami): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 12: The Party Right Brain Quiz (NDS, D3): 7 / 5 / 7 / 6 - (25/40)
Chao Dream Touch! Happy Anniversary (NDS, Marvelous): 7 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (24/40)

I'm quite happy that Ryu ga gotoku 2 scored so well. Can't wait to play it next month.

Congrats to Mistwalker for Blue Dragon as well. Pity it's on the system I won't be getting until later on.

LevelNth

Banned
Bebpo said:
Good to see the best game getting the best score!

Blue Dragon did ok as well...
I'm interested in your view on Blue Dragon. How do you feel about it? Are you going in optimistic, cautious, etc.

Holy shit Blue Dragon got a pretty freaking high score in Famitsu weekly. Pretty surprising when you think that just by the fact that its on the 360 it will get cut here and there.

Bebpo said:
Good to see the best game getting the best score!

Blue Dragon did ok as well...

Considering the 1st one sucked, i have my doubts about this one, and + have you played both games?

And for a RPg buff you don't seem to be much interested in Blue Dragon, i wonder why.

duckroll said:
Tales of Destiny 2 PSP - 15th Feb
What!? No Tales on January? Trend-breaking!

Really nice score for RGG2...sadly Yakuza 2 will be butchered like its prequel, well, maybe they don't even bother to bring it.

I can't see why anyone would give DoAX2 such a high score. It's one of the worst sequels of all time.

Famitsu = worthless. Only time I seriously agreed with them was with their 40/40 for Vagrant Story.

Mero: Don't get Bebpo started.

I might try importing Ryu 2 but considering I didn't like the first game...meh.

Theme Park AND Sim City for the DS. If they also port Red Alert to the system with WiFi, I think I'd have to join the EA defence force.

Top Bottom