• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese magazine news (sponsored by Square Enix)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
jaundicejuice said:
Easily solved! It's whoever has the most belts and zippers for Nomura to draw.
shadow is a nomura character, so he'll probably pick that one. or setzer.

lupin23rd

jiggle said:
Hmmm
so Dissidia is from FF1 to FF10?

Hello Sequel

looks like it'lls be 1 hero + 1 villain at least?

FF1: Light Warrior + Garland
FF2:
FF3:
FF4: Cecil + Golbez
FF5:
FF6:
FF7: _____ + Sephiroth
FF8:
FF9: Zidane + Kuja

Kain is cool but I think Golbez is where it's at.

m

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
:p

DS
Hoshigami 6,6,7,6
Shin Lucky Star Moe Drill 7,4,7,6
Touch Detective Osawa Rina 2.5 8,7,7,7
Kurikin Nano Island 7,6,7,8
Kekkaishi 6,6,7,7

PSP
Bleach 4 8,6,7,8

PS2
MOH Vanguard 7,7,7,6
State of Emergency Revenge 7,6,5,4

PS3 & 360
NBA Street 7,7,7,7

Forza 2 9,9,9,9

Wee thanks! :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Comic said:
Wait, a NEW SRW OG? This one looks like an entirely new story, not a remake of the GBA games.

I'm sure it looks like that, but it's not. It's the remake that was announced ages ago, but kept getting delayed.

lupin23rd said:
Not surprised if they are, but NOTHING is going to beat a HD PS3 Chodenji-Spin :D

m

I'd wager either an HD Heaven or Hell, or an HD God Finger would beat that.

duckroll

jiggle said:
He was in the trailer at least... Cecil/Kain/Sephiroth.

I think... you're mistaking Warrior of Light and Garland for them. I've read tons of Japanese impressions of the trailer and no one mentions Cecil or Kain.

Alkaliine said:
wrestlexi1.gif

30t43kz.gif

weexl3.gif

Oh man! :lol :lol

TreIII

Jamesfrom818 said:
Didn't they add more content between the time OG1 ends and OG2 begins?

I don't think there's been anything said about that distinctly...

What we DO know is that for both OG1 and OG2, there will be an overhaul of content, more than likely to make it so that they can add in more things to make it so that the versions included in this game are the "definitive" versions of the OG storyline up to OG2, as well as making it so that the likes of Roa will have a place, as well.

They also talked about putting in the stuff from the OVA (the whole "Vartoll incident") in the game as extra chapters. Beyond that, I don't think any body else has a good idea of what to expect. I'm REALLY hoping that they'll possibly kick it old-school, and give us a good boss fight against Shuu and the Neo Granzon, if only to serve as a direct precursor to what may come in OG3... :D :D

jiggle

duckroll said:
I think... you're mistaking Warrior of Light and Garland for them. I've read tons of Japanese impressions of the trailer and no one mentions Cecil or Kain.

XD
Sounds about right.

The impression i read said Cecil/Kain, must've gotten them mixed up.

edit: Lol, it was from Shane. Thought he'd be able to tell the difference :lol

duckroll

Well, I'll be the first to admit, it's really hard to tell. Especially Nomura's rendition of the Warrior of Light. The entire armor is way too Dragoon-ish. :lol

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
"State of Emergency Revenge" is the most generic name for a video game since "Call of Honor: Allied Initiative"

Defuser

Cloud is most definitely in it therefore leaving 4 more.
I betting on Squall,Seifer,Tidus and maybe e Terra Branford?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
jiggle said:
Hmmm
so Dissidia is from FF1 to FF10?

Hello Sequel

looks like it'lls be 1 hero + 1 villain at least?

FF2:
FF3:
FF4: Cecil + Kain
FF5:
FF6:
FF7: _____ + Sephiroth
FF8:
Is this confirmed? Kain is my all time favorite FF character next to Shadow. Best reason to own a PSP yet.

joesmokey

duckroll said:
- FF4 DS will use the bottom screen for auto-mapping in dungeons
That sounds pretty awesome to me. Great way to leave the sense of exploration in tact without making you do all the work (Etrian).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
why do you have a print screen of yesterdays chart.

Do you do that regularty?
Save them?

Keep a scrap book?

Quit living in the past SDF.

Skilletor

Syth_Blade22 said:
why do you have a print screen of yesterdays chart.

Do you do that regularty?
Save them?

Keep a scrap book?

Quit living in the past SDF.

Ummm....Preeeeetty sure he's just pointing out all of the Final Fantasy titles in the top 10. Your powers of observation are astounding.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
FF2: Firion + Dark Knight
FF3: Some kid + Xande or whatever it was
FF4: Cecil + Golbez
FF5: Butz + Gilgamesh (or Ex-Death)
FF6: Terra + Kefka
FF7: Cloud + Sephiroth
FF8: Squall + Seifer
FF10: Tidus + Seymore
FF12: Ashe + some judge

Maybe:D

Acosta

God, another PS2/Wii title...

Hope Banpresto don´t feel tempted of going the cheap route too. I want a HD Super Robot Wars.

Eteric Rice

Acosta said:

Hope Banpresto don´t feel tempted of going the cheap route too. I want a HD Super Robot Wars.

I hope they do. I want SRW without having to buy another console. :|

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Acosta said:

Told you all the Wii would benefit the PS2 by extending its lifetime since it would make developing games for the Wii, PS2, and PSP, more profitable thanks to cross-porting!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Ether_Snake said:
Told you all the Wii would benefit the PS2 by extending its lifetime since it would make developing games for the Wii, PS2, and PSP, more profitable thanks to cross-porting!

preposterous!

TreIII

Acosta said:

Banpresto's a rather small developing team, that's not exactly swimming in money, though they do have enough to take care of themselves. Why you thought that they were going to immediately jump on the HD/PS3 bandwagon (if you didn't know about SRW OGs already, which has been in development for at least a year and some change), is beyond me.

Besides, the way Banpresto usually operates is to focus predominantly on the "majority leader" console. It's always been their MO, whether it was the Nintendo consoles (8-16bit and GB) through the early part of SRW's life, to Saturn and moreso the PSX during the 32bit era and the PS2 for the last few years.

So again, I really don't see why all the hub-bub is about now. If Banpresto was really all about the power, chances are, they wouldn't have stuck with the PS2 for these last few years like they did. Their interests lie mainly with reaching the largest demographic and keeping their dev costs down as much as possible, and for right now, the PS2 is where it's at, and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one Wii game come around soon enough.

Jonnyram

The Last Remnant staff

Director: Hiroshi Takai
Chief Artist: Kimihiko Miyamae
Events: Kouji Kobayashi
Composer: Tsuyoshi Sekito
Producer: Nobuyuki Ueda
Exec. Producer: Akitoshi Kawazu
Art Producer: Yusuke Naora

icecream

Public Health Threat
TreIII said:
Banpresto's a rather small developing team, that's not exactly swimming in money, though they do have enough to take care of themselves. Why you thought that they were going to immediately jump on the HD/PS3 bandwagon is beyond me.
Does XO count?

soul

Jonnyram said:
The Last Remnant staff

Director: Hiroshi Takai
Chief Artist: Kimihiko Miyamae
Events: Kouji Kobayashi
Composer: Tsuyoshi Sekito
Producer: Nobuyuki Ueda
Exec. Producer: Akitoshi Kawazu
Art Producer: Yusuke Naora

Nice - thanks for the info.