• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese magazine news (sponsored by Square Enix)

Jonnyram

SolidSnakex said:
WTF at the game at the bottom at? The first image is really messed up.
Shin Chuuka Daisen for Wii? A remake of the arcade shooter from the 80s.
Also there are three Lemmy's Delicions Restaurant games, Wii, PS2 and DS.

Bo130 said:
Looks like Ratatouille to me...

Look again. The left part of the pic is a DS game. The far right portion is Ratatouille. The mid-right pic is the Wii game, me thinks. There is some sort of monkey battling(or look like it is battling) a giant sarimanok/colorful cock.

lolwtfcw4.jpg

lol wtf

Jonnyram

So in FFXII Job Edition, you have to choose the character's job when they join your party and it cannot be changed after that... sounds pretty messed up. Couple of new modes. No new mobs, story or bosses. High speed mode up to 4x regular speed. Dunno if any of this is old news as I wasn't paying much attention to the S-E party thread.

soul

Jonnyram said:
So in FFXII Job Edition, you have to choose the character's job when they join your party and it cannot be changed after that... sounds pretty messed up. Couple of new modes. No new mobs, story or bosses. High speed mode up to 4x regular speed. Dunno if any of this is old news as I wasn't paying much attention to the S-E party thread.

Well it was only rumored that we won't be able to re-select the jobs after assigning them. Thanks for the heads up.

Jonnyram said:

LOL wut

soul

Well since this IS a FF related thread and I can't post new threads...

Four tracks from Dissidia and Crisis Core go online

Turns out the Dissidia CD handed out at the recent Square Enix Party 2007 includes four impressive tracks: Two from Dissidia and two from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.

You can download all of the tracks in a .RAR file or each one separately (Right click => Save Target As...):

· Dissidia Final Fantasy
· Overture to Dissidia
· (Secret)

· Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
· Theme of Crisis Core
· Last Order -Crisis Mix-

or: http://www.forever-server.net/samples/dissidacd/separty.rar

courtesy of of http://www.forever-fantasy.net

Shouta

Jonnyram said:

So, the game went from super broken to super stupid?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
As is my sacred duty, I post the weekly DS games of infinite love and justice.

Saiyuuki: The Kinkaku & Ginkaku Conspiracy -- D3
SIMPLE Mouse Action Game -- D3
SIMPLE Armored Soldier Gun Ground -- D3
SIMPLE Learn English Words With Microstep Technology -- D3
Train Your Right Brain With Your Ears: DS Hearing Brain Power -- Milstone
Remy's Delicious Restaurant -- THQ Japan
Picto Image DS -- Sega
Insect Wars -- Success
Touch de Brain DS -- Sega
Marsh, The Strange Creature That Eats English -- Dimple
Perfect Pitch Otodamaster -- Hudson
One Piece Gear Spirits -- Bandai Namco
Sakura Taisen DS -- Sega

jiggle said:
Thanks for the scans ^^

Love that!

Maybe because it reminds me of the theme from SH2. Not as good as SH2 of course...

That's what I was justabout to post that it sounds like something Yamaoka would do. Awesome theme though and a nice departure from the normal FF theme style.

No FFCC:CB article translation? :(

I posted one but the forum software ate it. Not gonna redo, sorry. But like the guy mentioned, the focus is on playing a super-hero-like character, who's powerful from the beginning unlike typical FF characters who start out weak. Also, controllable airships.

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
I posted one but the forum software ate it. Not gonna redo, sorry. But like the guy mentioned, the focus is on playing a super-hero-like character, who's powerful from the beginning unlike typical FF characters who start out weak. Also, controllable airships.
Oh good. Emo-ey crap should at least be reduced to a minimum.

Pureauthor said:
I fail to see the connection between the line you bolded and 'emo'.

RPGs tend to overuse this whole weak from the start with some sort of struggle, "you can do it!", "don't give up!", "I can't do it, I'm not strong enough, I can't protect the ones I love" sappiness throughout the character's journey for that ultimate world ending power. People call that character development or something.

Giving them that ultimate power from the beginning cuts through all that crap.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Pureauthor are you changing your avatar to reflect some sort of levelling up in the game of GAF?

No, I change my avatar whenever, for some reason or another, my current one dies on me.

RPGs tend to overuse this whole weak from the start with some sort of struggle, "you can do it!", "don't give up!", "I can't do it, I'm not strong enough, I can't protect the ones I love" sappiness throughout the character's journey for that ultimate world ending power.

Um, yeah, leaving aside that having a strong character from the start is no guarantee against the exact same thing happening, what you just described isn't even 'emo' anyway.

Pureauthor said:
No, I change my avatar whenever, for some reason or another, my current one dies on me.

Um, yeah, leaving aside that having a strong character from the start is no guarantee against the exact same thing happening, what you just described isn't even 'emo' anyway.
It at least makes it bereable when you know he's reached his pinnacle and still losing. When he's still weak, you just know his next power up is just right around the corner. I just prefer it when they mask the obvious power up somehow.

turk128

Pureauthor said:
Well, he does come back and use the Glaive to get rid of the false Pope's advisors.

The FF4 interview is kind of interesting. According to Tokita, about 75% of FF4's original script ended up getting cut from the SNES release! They're reincorporating some of this material into the DS version.

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
The FF4 interview is kind of interesting. According to Tokita, about 75% of FF4's original script ended up getting cut from the SNES release! They're reincorporating some of this material into the DS version.
Not surprised, FFIV always seemed like something was missing in the script. The story moved way too quickly.

Top Bottom