• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks JAPANESE magazine news

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ethelred said:
It looks like quite a few Wii games were canceled there, too.
Where? On the scan? (I honestly can't read anything on it) On the site not all the games are canceled.

発売中止 = Canceled. Only games with that beside it are canceled.

duckroll

ethelred said:

Yup. "New Action Adventure" and "Role Playing". Both from Konami. That makes EIGHT Konami games that were planned that got canned between last and this week.

pilonv1

ethelred said:

PS3 AND Wii games from Konami cancelled...

mini-bill-gates.jpg

"It's all falling into place..."

ethelred

duckroll said:
Yup. "New Action Adventure" and "Role Playing". Both from Konami. That makes EIGHT Konami games that were planned that got canned between last and this week.

No Suikoden on the PS3, no Suikoden on the Wii... where will fans of the series turn next?!

jj984jj said:
BAH! He just added the two Konami Wii games. :lol Just Sword of Legendia and some other Namco-Bandai game was there before and they aren't canceled.

Told you. :p

jj984jj

BAH! He just added the two Konami Wii games. :lol Just Sword of Legendia and some other Namco-Bandai game was there before and they aren't canceled.

ethelred said:
No Suikoden on the PS3, no Suikoden on the Wii... where will fans of the series turn next?!
sony-bundles-ps2-with-ps3-20060608013351352.jpg

Oh next console? Maybe MS secured it for 360?

Avalon

duckroll said:
Some review tidbits:

Yggdrasil Labyrinth

-Mapping is simple and intuitive
- Leveling is a must if you want to survive
- The save system and acquistion of money is pretty harsh
- Party and skills are very customizable
- It's pretty hard to attain equipment
- The appearance of harder enemies beyond the balance of the areas add significant tension

Wonderful! :D

Thanks for the great news duckroll.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
what did they have to say about gears in there?

john tv said:
Bad news for Konami or bad news for Sony?

PS3 is such trash.

Doesn't that first line go hand in hand?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
jj984jj said:

sony-bundles-ps2-with-ps3-20060608013351352.jpg

Oh next console? Maybe MS secured it for 360?
The right answer:

nintendo-ds-lite-revealed-20060126094022240.jpg

jj984jj

Remaining release list for Konami:

PS3
- MGS4

Wii
- Untitled music simulation game
- Untitled soccer game
- Untitled baseball game

ethelred

jj984jj said:
Remaining release list for Konami:

PS3
- MGS4

Wii
- Untitled music simulation game
- Untitled soccer game
- Untitled baseball game

Konami still had one other action adventure game listed for the Wii, too.

Bebpo

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Question remains, what happened at Konami?

They weren't making enough money to payroll a ton of employees working on a dozen games at once from the profits of Castlevania PoR and Winning Eleven X360?

TreIII

duckroll said:
So basically...

MGS4, Bemani, Winning Eleven, Power Pro-kun, and Castlevania.

Wouldn't mind if that was the truth!

...At least...if it was actually good, and not yet another Curse of Darkness/Lament of Innocent...

Sho Nuff

Banned
Bebpo said:
They weren't making enough money to payroll a ton of employees working on a dozen games at once from the profits of Castlevania PoR and Winning Eleven X360?

Naw, you know the original teams get all that money.

duckroll

Some good news after all!

Baroque - PS2 - 2007

Sting is remaking their Saturn/PS game into a brand new title for the PS2. The director is 原田大造 and the character designer is 鈴木健二郎.

Deltora Quest - DS - Spring

This anime adaptation from Bandai Namco has a scenario written by Nojima and music from Sakimoto! Development is by アウディオ and planning is by Bec. It is an action rpg.

duckroll

Fire Emblem Wii is also coming in Feb. There will be 3 new weapon and magic types. And the big addition to the system being height difference in the geography actually mattering now.

Mario Party 8 Wii is being developed by Hudson and will have over 70 minigames.

Yoshi Island DS is a sequel, NOT a port.

madhtr said:
This the same Nojima that has done scenarios for Square Enix?

Yes, that would be him.

jj984jj

duckroll said:

Baroque - PS2 - 2007

Sting is remaking their Saturn/PS game into a brand new title for the PS2. The director is 原田大造 and the character designer is 鈴木健二郎.

This anime adaptation from Bandai Namco has a scenario written by Nojima and music from Sakimoto! Development is by アウディオ and planning is by Bec. It is an action rpg.
So that's what Deltora Quest was! And it's by Audio who has that person who made Contact (they seem to have all sorts of talented people http://www.audiogames.jp/history.html)!

ethelred

duckroll said:

jj984jj said:
So that's what Deltora Quest was! And it's by Audio who has that person who made Contact!

Developed by Akira Ueda, music by Hitoshi Sakimoto, and scenario by Kazushige Nojima? Now that is pretty awesome.

A remake of Baroque is both weird and interesting... not quite what I would've expected to be Sting's next project. But still, cool.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
So that's what Deltora Quest was! And it's by Audio who has that person who made Contact (they seem to have all sorts of talented people http://www.audiogames.jp/history.html)!

Yes, they worked on the Shining Soul games too, so I expect this to be similar to Shining Soul and Contact, but with a licensed game skin and Sakimoto music.

Edit: The game also has artwork by Yocky... whoever that is.

duckroll said:
So basically...

MGS4, Bemani, Winning Eleven, Power Pro-kun, and Castlevania.
Would be nice, but I don't have too much faith, especially in Castlevania, even though I feel they could do a great 3D iteration on Wii with accurate whip aiming.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
duckroll said:

Baroque - PS2 - 2007

Holy crap. Maybe I'll be able to experience the game this time.

jj984jj

Oh wait, I didn't see that you wrote "anime adaptation" which means "a game that will never be localized and likely will still suck."

Baroque sounds interesting, but I doubt we'll get that either. I actually clicked on the link on 2ch and thought it was just a PS1 game and not a remake. :lol

ethelred

jj984jj said:
Oh wait, I didn't see that you wrote "anime adaptation" which means "a game that will never be localized and likely will still suck."

Baroque sounds interesting, but I doubt we'll get that either. I actually clicked on the link on 2ch and thought it was just a PS1 game and not a remake. :lol

Anime games often suck, but they can be quite good when you've got talent behind them... look at Brave Story PSP. Audio's a really, really solid development studio, and the side creative team (music and scenario) is really good too.

And yeah, probably no chance of Baroque making it over to the US... just like it never made it over the first time. I was pretty disappointed, then (I <3 Iraiza). Even moreso now that I've come to appreciate Sting's talents as a developer much more.

Jonnyram said:
Sounds like Deltora Quest could be one to watch.

Agreed. These guys rock.

duckroll

So Konami cancels 7 games.... so they can make....

Konami Arcade Collection - DS - 15th March - 4179yen

Scramble, Time Pilot, Tutankham, Pooyan, Track and Field, Roc'n Rope, Circus Charlie, Super Basketball, Road Fighter, Yiair Kung Fu, Gradius, Green Beret, Shaolin's Road, Twin Bee and Contra.

duckroll

VF5 - PS3 - 8th Feb - 8190yen

The game will include an original "Quest Mode" where you take part in a big tournament and you can buy items and emblems from a shop. There will also be a "VF TV Mode" which mimicks the Arcade VF TV.

Top Bottom