• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Japanese Sony Obituaries (magazine news)

Busty said:
When I visited GAF (my first stop in my morning gaming routine) there was no mention of it on the first page at all.

I totally skipped past it altogether!!!!

If feels like it's the quiest MEGATON ever..... I didn't get wind of it until I visited CVG of all places!!!!!!

...the ****?

The megaton was unleashed only a matter of hours ago. I'd say 9: 30 PM (pacific standard time) Within two hours there were 1,400 posts, and about 424 site traffic over-load errors.

Dahbomb

Quietest megaton my ass... there are at least 3-4 threads on just the 1st page. One of them is on the 33rd page.

Also where the **** are the DMC4 scans?

Busty

Banned
C- Warrior said:
...the ****?

The megaton was unleashed only a matter of hours ago. I'd say 9: 30 PM (pacific standard time) Within two hours there were 1,400 posts, and about 424 site traffic over-load errors.

I came into work (9:00 am) and as I was checking over my e-mails I glanced over the first page of GAF and there was no thread which said "DMC 4 for 360 and PC...CONFIRMED".

So much so I went into the Japanese magazine thread and asked if it had been confirmed as it was mentioned in the Famitsu news post.

I go over to CVG and they have it as a news story. I stand by what I wrote. My own personal expeirience of this was really quiet. I'm not dismissing it as a story that will have no impact by any means. I just thought that GAF would be a smoldering mess after such an announcement.

Let the games begin.....:D

Defuser

Dahbomb said:
Quietest megaton my ass... there are at least 3-4 threads on just the 1st page. One of them is on the 33rd page.

Also where the **** are the DMC4 scans?
Duckroll you better hurry because Dahbomb is a force not to reckon with when it comes to DMC :lol

Busty

Banned
Insane Metal said:
Now I NEED to buy a 360. AC6 FTW :)

I imagine the situation with NAMCO and Ace Combat will mirror that of Ridge Racer 6 on the 360.

But as it is, it's a major blow in the PR turf war. I wouldn't be surprised if NAMCO and MS have signed a deal for another IP of theirs to debut on the 360 like RR6.

USD

C- Warrior said:
Realtime STYLE changing was not in 3. Realtime instant weapon canceling/changing was in 3. These are different.
I have this nasty habit of leaving out negatives. Edited.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Busty said:
I imagine the situation with NAMCO and Ace Combat will mirror that of Ridge Racer 6 on the 360.
I don't think so. RR6 was released on a system along 2 other racing games (PGR3 and NFS:MW), and was totally forgotten by the vast majority of gamers when compared especially to PGR3 graphically. The fact that it was a totally arcade gameplay didn't help either.
AC6 will be the only game of its type on 360, and thus will certainly draw a lot more attention. I'm actually quite sure it will sell very well (as long as the game is good of course).

Busty

Banned
Blimblim said:
I don't think so. RR6 was released on a system along 2 other racing games (PGR3 and NFS:MW), and was totally forgotten by the vast majority of gamers when compared especially to PGR3 graphically. The fact that it was a totally arcade gameplay didn't help either.
AC6 will be the only game of its type on 360, and thus will certainly draw a lot more attention. I'm actually quite sure it will sell very well (as long as the game is good of course).

Crossed wires BlimBlim.

I wasn't referring to sales. I was referring to the fact that NAMCO seemed to dodge the exclusivity of Ridge Racer 6 on the 360 by having Ridge Racer 7 on the PS3.

For what it's worth, I think that AC 6 will be a sizeable performer on the 360. With the seemingly extensive LIVE aspect to the game, I think it'll perform. Unless of course it's awful...... but I doubt that.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Busty said:
Crossed wires BlimBlim.

I wasn't referring to sales. I was referring to the fact that NAMCO seemed to dodge the exclusivity of Ridge Racer 6 on the 360 by having Ridge Racer 7 on the PS3.

For what it's worth, I think that AC 6 will be a sizeable performer on the 360. With the seemingly extensive LIVE aspect to the game, I think it'll perform. Unless of course it's awful...... but I doubt that.
Ha OK. Well again this is not exactly the same thing. RR6 could obviously not have been released on PS3 simultaneously with the 360 version. There is no reason now not to release AC6 on both PS3 and 360 at the same time though.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Blimblim said:
AC6 will be the only game of its type on 360, and thus will certainly draw a lot more attention.
Is Over G not along the same lines?

And I don't know why anyone's arguing similar situations to RR6/RR7. It's not stated that AC6 is exclusive to the 360 or anything...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
icecream said:
Is Over G not along the same lines?

And I don't know why anyone's arguing similar situations to RR6/RR7. It's not stated that AC6 is exclusive to the 360 or anything...
Well there is only the 360 logo in that Famitsu page. It's usually a fair indication of the game exclusivity ;)
As for Over G... No comment :D

Busty

Banned
Blimblim said:
Well there is only the 360 logo in that Famitsu page. It's usually a fair indication of the game exclusivity ;)
As for Over G... No comment :D

Like I said before, Ace Comat 6 exclusive to the 360, Ace Combat 7 exclusive to the PS3.

It's going to be like Ridge Racer 6 and 7 all over again. I doubt this will be the last NAMCO IP to undergo such treatment.......

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Busty said:
Like I said before, Ace Comat 6 exclusive to the 360, Ace Combat 7 exclusive to the PS3.

It's going to be like Ridge Racer 6 and 7 all over again. I doubt this will be the last NAMCO IP to undergo such treatment.......
What incentive would Namco have to do this though? RR6->RR7 was a logical step, but unless MS gave a lot of money for an exclusive AC6 why would Namco do this?
After all RR7 is a very small progression from RR6, lots of tracks in common and all. You can't really do that on a flight sim game, especially one where the story is quite important.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
For what it's worth, someone claiming insider info on 2ch is saying that AC6 is dual platform, but the PS3 version is lagging behind in development so the 360 version is coming out first. Take it as you will :)

Jonnyram

Busty said:

Let's work on this together, eh... RR6 could not be multiplatform because it came out a year before the PS3. They couldn't very well release the exact same game a year later for the PS3 launch (though it was as close as humanly possible). If anything, they will release AC6 on PS3 after an exclusivity period, but they wouldn't miss 6 and jump to 7, especially not like RR, which was basically the same game plus alpha.

Busty

Banned
Blimblim said:
What incentive would Namco have to do this though? RR6->RR7 was a logical step, but unless MS gave a lot of money for an exclusive AC6 why would Namco do this?
After all RR7 is a very small progression from RR6, lots of tracks in common and all. You can't really do that on a flight sim game, especially one where the story is quite important.

I agree, it's just you yourself said that....

Blimblim said:

So if MS did secure the exclusive for AC6 then AC7 would be the logical progression that would allow NAMCO to bypass the exclusivity.

For what it's worth I seriously doubt that AC6 will be a 360 exclusive, barring perhaps the Japanese market, I think there's an excellent chance that AC6 will be time and date released on the 360 and PS3. Or given a small window of exclusivity like VF5.

Of course this has a whole wider, darker, more devastating implication then anyone has thought of....

... this means my whole CELLIUS, second party theory is royally ****ed.....BAH....

*throws tin foil hat on the ground*

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Busty said:
I agree, it's just you yourself said that....

So if MS did secure the exclusive for AC6 then AC7 would be the logical progression that would allow NAMCO to bypass the exclusivity.

For what it's worth I seriously doubt that AC6 will be a 360 exclusive, barring perhaps the Japanese market, I think there's an excellent chance that AC6 will be time and date released on the 360 and PS3. Or given a small window of exclusivity like VF5.

Of course this has a whole wider, darker, more devastating implication then anyone has thought of....

... this means my whole CELLIUS, second party theory is royally ****ed.....BAH....

*throws tin foil hat on the ground*
RR7 can't by any means be considered a sequel of RR6. If AC6 is indeed Xbox 360 exclusive, sells nicely, and then AC7, being a true sequel or at least a completely different game, is exclusive PS3 then a *lot* of people will be pissed off by Namco.
Almost no one cared when RR7 was announced on PS3 only, that wouldn't be the case if with AC7. That's my whole point.

Blimblim said:
RR7 can't by any means be considered a sequel of RR6. If AC6 is indeed Xbox 360 exclusive, sells nicely, and then AC7, being a true sequel or at least a completely different game, is exclusive PS3 then a *lot* of people will be pissed off by Namco.
Almost no one cared when RR7 was announced on PS3 only, that wouldn't be the case if with AC7. That's my whole point.

well you could say alot of ps fans might be pissed that ACVI is coming to 360 right now... a pc version would make a lot of sense though

peace

Busty

Banned
icecream said:
Except that he's right.

I didn't say that he didn't have a vaild point of view or opinion, it's just that condescending bullshit I would have expected off some others on this board.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
icecream said:
I can't see from that picture...
Look again :)

nelsonroyale said:
well you could say alot of ps fans might be pissed that ACVI is coming to 360 right now...
That's very true of course. But a platform change makes more sense in the beginning of a generation than in the middle.

Blimblim said:
Look again :)

That's very true of course. But a platform change makes more sense in the beginning of a generation than in the middle.

true and honestly I think this game, while not a huge series, would fit just as well on the 360 easily...jet fighting games have a much bigger legacy in the west than in the east

peace

7Th

Blimblim said:

As is Scamco cares of pissing off people.

Jiggy

duckroll said:
New Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon

- Second Chunsoft x Pokemon project
- Slightly different format
- There's probably be 2 versions
- Story will be enhanced
- Will support Wifi
Well, on the bright side, Mystery Dungeon was at least better than Dash, Channel, and Hey You Pikachu. Now where are my Snap, Trading Card Game, Pinball, and even Ranger sequels?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The enemies better be super strong. If they are as dumb as they were in 3, style changing could quite possibly make DMC4 easy as hell. I'll approach that cautiously.

Anyways...

SCANS! Where are they!?

reriel

the ace combat 6 announcement seem to fit with those rumor posted way back by bloke, the ones which said 2-3 new namco games presented in the same time frame with the unveiled trusty bell and gundam jap releases. I hope the others rumors will become true .

andthebeatgoeson

Good to see Co-Op in AC6. That's fricken sweet. I think the real progress in fun would be co-op. I'm not sure Ace Combat's gameplay really lends itself to a solid, deep multiplayer. I haven't played the last one and AC5 wasn't really as exciting as AC4. But Co-op could make it a great thing.

MS drop the price. 100 bucks. Not that weak ass 50 or 70 dollar drop.

Bo130

So can we expect this new Mystery Dungeon game to be the soon-to-be-announced Pokémon-game from a few days ago? Any pics of the game in Famitsu this week? Does Wi-Fi refer to online?

Top Bottom