• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag news: Beautiful Katamari Damacy

ant1532

Banned
DS
FF12RW 9,8,7,8
Panel de Pon 8,7,8,8
Hmmmm.

Good scores for FF12RW but no way Panel de Pon can be bad. As long as it's the same formula with online?? ****ing awesome.

Whens it come out? I know I'm preordering.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Test Drive Unlimited 9,8,9,8
Rainbow Six Vegas 9,9,9,9

Famitsu Microsoft moneyhats confirmed

jvalioli said:
So One Piece Wii doesn't completely suck. I think that is pretty good news.
and since Funimation has the rights to One Piece now we'll definitively see it on the US, but with horrible voice actors

jvalioli

..pakbeka.. said:
and since Funimation has the rights to One Piece now we'll definitively see it on the US, but with horrible voice actors
I can live with that. Does Funimation have a date for their first DVD yet? Or is it still a far ways away?

pilonv1 said:
Same score as Dirge. Must be good!

Shhh!

SonSon2

Absolutely loved the first one, the second one just seemed stale. I wonder what they'll do this round...though it will be interesting to see the game with actual good graphics.

duckroll

Seems like FFXIIRW is considered a strategic game with a deep story and tons of tutorials, but the touch screen controls aren't precise enough, especially when there's tons of action on screen. Otherwise it sounds like they were pretty happy with the game.

kylej

Banned
New Katamari....

5305944bqbus.gif

Hunahan

Banned
Hm. I didn't expect katamari to suddenly be beautiful, and the scans of course don't really make it possible to see much....but it looks like there is still absolutely no lighting going on in the game. Some self-shadowing could seriously make this game pop by quite a bit....

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Katamari Damacy is one of those games that would really benefit from the advent of next-generation hardware. Just imagine....

I can't believe I'll be able to play it on my 360! This is crazy! It's almost like God is forcing me not to buy a PS3... (but I will have to for R&CF/FF/MGS...later though)

Pachael

So I'm looking out for the thread (Katamari announced for 360 + online play!!! Oh, PS3 too.) and it's not here, huh - at least that shows those Gamespot SKUs (Ace Combat, Katamari X360) are on the money...

Did anybody dare comment how Famitsu considered FFXIIRW (32/40) was inferior to FFXII (40/40), or are they on a different scale? ;p

Jonnyram

Hunahan said:
Hm. I didn't expect katamari to suddenly be beautiful, and the scans of course don't really make it possible to see much....but it looks like there is still absolutely no lighting going on in the game. Some self-shadowing could seriously make this game pop by quite a bit....
Look on the bright side - it might be 60fps, or have zero loading :/

ant1532

Banned
So what is Beautiful Katamari Damacy? One of those huge downloadable games coming to PS3 I thought I heard at once but now hearing it's coming to 360 changes that...

It's not a rehash is it?
drohne said:
so ff12 revenant wings is a full point better than disney meteos? WOW
Meteos is awesome, and you're acting like just since it's Disney it's horrible. pssh.

Belfast

I think they could think of some creative uses of next-gen technology to enhance the graphics. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to make things super-realistic like everybody else seems to be. I'd like to see more devs try different things. Why not take a stab at making it look like an animated painting, for instance?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's precisely my appreciation of meteos that actuates my prejudice against disney meteos

Jonnyram

ant1532 said:
One of those huge downloadable games coming to PS3 I thought I heard at once but now hearing it's coming to 360 changes that...
You should have known it wasn't a downloadable game when it was spotted on retailer computers a month ago.

..pakbeka.. said:

They did great work on Fullmetal Alchemist and now Shin-Chan.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
didn't a wii version of beautiful katamari show up in retail computers as well? i'm glad there isn't one. though from the look of that "scan," there might as well have been.

Terrible news. The first game was awesome and the sequel was even better, but the original team hasn't been involved since, right? It's just another lazy cash-in passed off to some third-rate developer whose profit will be made based on the name before word of mouth informs everyone of the lack of quality on display. The completely frivolous and stupid inclusion of online multiplayer just proves this will be the case.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
drohne said:
didn't a wii version of beautiful katamari show up in retail computers as well? i'm glad there isn't one. though from the look of that "scan," there might as well have been.
It's probably because the Wii version launches after the PS3/360 version.

ant1532

Banned
Jonnyram said:
You should have known it wasn't a downloadable game when it was spotted on retailer computers a month ago.
:lol

More like I should have known it was spotted on retailer computers a month ago.

Jammy

Banned
A Wii version of Beautiful Katamari Damacy was not only also leaked through a retailer's computer but was also rumored to have a later release date than the other two versions. That would explain why it hasn't been shown yet.

enishi

duckroll said:
Seems like FFXIIRW is considered a strategic game with a deep story and tons of tutorials, but the touch screen controls aren't precise enough, especially when there's tons of action on screen. Otherwise it sounds like they were pretty happy with the game.

If it is the indication that it plays like Heroes of Mana, I won't buy it... I hope not :(

Speevy

Banned
Does the hypothetical Wii version of Katamari Damacy work like I think it does, with players performing the spastic "wind up the kite" motion?

If so, better that they spend a little more time with it.

I hated the controls in the first Katamari. It was a fun game, but it just seemed like the way to roll around was counter-intuitive.

If the PS3 version uses the motion control, then that is a huge plus (and another reason for me to choose PS3 over 360).

pilonv1

BobJustBob said:
Terrible news. The first game was awesome and the sequel was even better, but the original team hasn't been involved since, right? It's just another lazy cash-in passed off to some third-rate developer whose profit will be made based on the name before word of mouth informs everyone of the lack of quality on display. The completely frivolous and stupid inclusion of online multiplayer just proves this will be the case.

BITTER TEARS

Top Bottom