• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag news summary thread - can you take it?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
mutsu said:
That's rather "normal" for a franchise game on the DS. Not saying it is a good thing though.

It's not a good thing.

I was bitching about $40 for FFIII and other high profile 3rd party DS and PSP games, but these prices makes SE look like saints.

EktorPR

I want No More Heroes. Now. Best thing Ubi has done since changing their logo from that horrid, rainbow-colored arch.

harSon

Banned
Really hope No more Heroes lives up to its relative hype, this and Super Mario Galaxy may cause me to repurchase a Wii in the near future. Was a fan of Killer 7 and thought God Hand was good but not great (Sorry :p).

Edit: Disgaea 3 is looking awesome as usual, still need to catch up on 2 though..

Mandoric

Banned
Coded Soul (PSP, SCEJ, 2007/2/8)

* Development: Gaia, Producer: OKADA Koji, Sound: SAKIMOTO Hitoshi, Chara design: KAZAMA Raita, Scenario: I suck at names
* It's an RPG where you capture and form a party of monsters, then use them in cooperative action battles.
* The basis of the game is use of monsters. Customization, training, and item synthesis all deepen the play.
* More than 100 enemy monsters
* Multiplay is a race through dungeons, but you can also trade monsters.
* Can connect with PS3 "Folks Soul".

EktorPR said:
Best thing Ubi has done since changing their logo from that horrid, rainbow-colored arch.
681793.jpg

Mandoric said:

* Development: Gaia, Producer: OKADA Koji, Sound: SAKIMOTO Hitoshi, Chara design: KAZAMA Raita, Scenario: I suck at names
* It's an RPG where you capture and form a party of monsters, then use them in cooperative action battles.
* The basis of the game is use of monsters. Customization, training, and item synthesis all deepen the play.
Is it a sequel or prequel? This lead me to believe that it isn't even connected with the Folklore "story" at all.

chakoo

Banned
Mandoric said:

Is this the game that's being handled by someone from Persona 3?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
holy shit @ FSR DS
neat game; my intro to grasshopper. but it would've barely taxed the N64, so it's cool it'll be on a more fitting system. :lol

Mandoric

Banned
JAWA The Mammoth and the Mysterious Stone (Wii/Spike/March '08)

* Hanging out with village friends, hunting in the plains, an action-adventure game with a variety of fun events in a prehistoric setting.
* Three-heads-tall, cute character design.
* In the village, you can interact with the others through events like teaching them how to eat meat.
* In the plains, creatures from the ornamental up to giant dinosaurs exist---around 270 varieties. Encountering them, battles can start; the Wiimote is used to control in battle.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Ydahs said:
That's a PS3 game? Honestly thought it was for PS2.
Really? That hasn't already been mentioned in every single thread with Disgaea 3.

It's an improvement from its predecessors, that's good enough.

Mandoric said:
JAWA The Mammoth and the Mysterious Stone (Wii/Spike/March '08)

* Hanging out with village friends, hunting in the plains, an action-adventure game with a variety of fun events in a prehistoric setting.
* Three-heads-tall, cute character design.
* In the village, you can interact with the others through events like teaching them how to eat meat.
* In the plains, creatures from the ornamental up to giant dinosaurs exist---around 270 varieties. Encountering them, battles can start; the Wiimote is used to control in battle.

So, it's Animal Crossing with dinos?

Amir0x

Banned
Let's see here...

Worthless Famitsu review, worthless famitsu review... ah, here we go.

More on CULDCEPT SAGA DS. Woooooo

jesusraz

mutsu said:
しかし ページは からっぽだった!

This is hiliarious (for those who have played Japanese DQ games) :lol :lol :lol :lol

So why does S-E open up the DQV page and then stick up this sole message 'However, the page was KARAPPO!' ? :?

Some DQ in-joke I'm missing, clearly...

Mandoric

Banned
More Ghiren's Greed details.
* MS IGLOO and Harmony of Gundam MSes will appear.
* Due to the wide spread of the game, covering from the One Year War to Char's rebellion, "Blood of Zeon" system is reduced in importance. Replacing it is a system that lets you choose your faction's relative morality---"Colony drops and poison gas? We'll leave that to your imagination."
* Units can now be set to self-control by type.
* Over 400 types of units appear, counting variations. "We'd like to think we've pretty much got them all by now."

Aeana

jesusraz said:
So why does S-E open up the DQV page and then stick up this sole message 'However, the page was KARAPPO!' ? :?

Some DQ in-joke I'm missing, clearly...

Auto translators stink. :)

It says, "But the page was empty!" written in the style of DQ dialog. It's mean, but the page will probably open in a day or two.

lyre

Firestorm said:
Wait, when was ToI announced for NA?
Also, jGAF reviews for ToI once you all play please
It's inevitable and Nintendo Power will do a giant spread about it as well, like they did with Symphonia ... unless of course Scamco replaced all their braindead monkeys with braindead sea cucumbers.

Defuser

Mandoric said:
Musou OROCHI (PSP/Koei/Feb 08)
* A first for PSP Musou, Battle and Story modes can be multiplayed.
* 77 generals plus Orochi and Dakki.
* For a smoother portable feel, cut-ins now don't pause the battle.
* Generals' serifs can now appear in comic-style speech baloons.
hot damn!!!

Aeana

Johnas said:
DQV YES

Can't wait to check it out!

You and me both. I cannot wait to see the first screenshots. We won't get any information about additions/changes from the PS2 version until much later, though, I'm sure. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JoshuaJSlone said:
I was thinking more Tail of the Sun with waggle, but I hope you're closer.

Tail of the Sun is a gem. Unfortunate the unbearable framerate and hideous graphics sort of render it less of a gem ten years later.

ethelred

Aeana said:
You and me both. I cannot wait to see the first screenshots. We won't get any information about additions/changes from the PS2 version until much later, though, I'm sure. :(

Thirded.

Johnas

Aeana said:

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm mainly just really curious as to how it looks, especially given
your comments on the bonus dungeon in DQIV

What's also nice is that I've never played it, so it'll all be new to me. I've read enough praise to know it rocks, besides the simple fact that it's DQ.

If it does look just like DQIV, no problem.

mutsu

Aeana said:

You and you and me three. I would certainly love to see a single screenshot of the DQV on DQIV engine at least.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
nomoreheroes062007.jpg

There was no reason for Famitsu to give NMH a high score. No ones bribing anyone for it, and there certainly isn't a lot of Japenese hype. So you know what that means...?

so good

Buy it Japan.

heroes16.jpg

Or else.

Busaiku

Has it been stated if Tales Of Innocence will be following the story of the manga?
Never read any of the other Tales manga before, so was wondering if this was common or not.

Mandoric

Banned
Tales of Innocence review.
* Polygon graphics came out really well.
* Can get drawn into the story
* Portions are a bit hard for newcomers to the series to understand
* Character customization is relatively free, and the breadth is enjoyable
* The characters themselves, whether enemy or ally, are enjoyable and make a big impact
* Battle gives you greater freedom of movement than before
* Lots of systems that can draw the player in is a good point
* May have been better with a bit more detailed explanations

I'm probably slacking off after this. Dinner sounds nice about now, even if Imas -did- just come back.

Busaiku

Mandoric said:
Tales of Innocence review.
* Polygon graphics came out really well.
* Can get drawn into the story
* Portions are a bit hard for newcomers to the series to understand
* Character customization is relatively free, and the breadth is enjoyable
* The characters themselves, whether enemy or ally, are enjoyable and make a big impact
* Battle gives you greater freedom of movement than before
* Lots of systems that can draw the player in is a good point
* May have been better with a bit more detailed explanations

I'm probably slacking off after this. Dinner sounds nice about now, even if Imas -did- just come back.
Did they mention anything about the story relating to the manga?
Sounds pretty good otherwise.
What was their Abyss score?

SailorDaravon said:
Oh I agree, but Namco's fucked up logic will use RM's poor sales to not bother bringing over ToD2/ToR.

If Namco were in the habit of using poor sales to justify not bringing over future Tales games, the series' US presence would have begun and ended with ToD. :lol

Hcoregamer00 said:
Holy shit, I just noticed that Tales of Innocence is being sold for 6090 yen.

Freaking A, $60 for a DS game!!!

Yyyyeah. Otherwise I think chances are good for ToI (I don't think Tales has really hit the franchise fatigue level, the game is reviewing well and looks by all accounts to be a real, solid, serious entry) but I'm a little concerned that the price will hurt it....

Top Bottom