• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks lazy magazine thread with a shitty title

PSGames

Those are definitely Team Ninja designs... I wonder how much if at all Itagaki worked on these games before he left.

He supposedly had 2 other games (Code Cronos, Project Progressive) under development.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
rykomatsu said:
TGS Announcement Info

Publishers with surprise announcements for TGS:
Acquire
SNK
Konami
SCE
Bandai Namco
From
MMV
Microsoft
Tecmo
Koei (Dynasty Warrior 5 Empire for PS3)
What could that possibly be?

Firestorm

[PS3] White Knight Chronicles [Level 5]
Online co-op officially announced. 16player lobby, 4player coop. Seamless integration between storymode and online mode. Sounds like matchmaking is done via the game and not PSN, but not 100% certain about this. Trades between players possible, but details not given.
Wait how does this work exactly?

Kuran

Banned
I bet tecmo made their shooter third person because first person tecmo breasts would fill half the screen..

duckroll

Revelations said:
There are 2 other tecmo titles that will be annoucned at TGS. Tecmo originally announced 3 reveals at TGS back in July.

Wasn't Undead Knights for PSP in last week's Famitsu?

duckroll

BlazingDarkness said:
disappointment at lack of Dissidia goodness =/

I'm not sure why you would expect Dissidia news to be in Famitsu first. It's always in Jump first, followed by Famitsu. There was no Dissidia in Jump this week, so there's no Dissidia expected in Famitsu.

duckroll said:
Wasn't Undead Knights for PSP in last week's Famitsu?
My understanding of the overall thing maybe hazy. But I think maybe it was 3 team Ninja games? Don't know what part that plays in overall Tecmo reveals. Could have been overall within Tecmo, but some articles poised it as TN annoucements.

duckroll

Revelations said:
My understanding of the overall thing maybe hazy. But I think maybe it was 3 team Ninja games. Don't know what part that plays in overall Tecmo reveals.

Do you even have a source for this? All I know is that at the Tecmo Conference a few months back, they said that Team Ninja was working on "several games" and that the main game they've been talking about that is "for the entire world" will be revealed at TGS.

Kagari said:
Just be glad they didn't put it in the closed mega theater.

XIII and VersusXIII :( :( :(

What do you mean? There's a playable build at the show, but the trailer's still going to be in the closed theatre. That doesn't mean they're not going to put it online though. The game comes out in Dec, I don't see why anyone is fucking whining.

pswii60

[PS3 - PSN] Spelunker [IREM]
Haven't read the article
IREM as in R-Type IREM? Is this game a shooter?

Also, can't wait to see this Quantum Theory.

EDIT: Holy snapplecakes, just seen the scans, QT looks lovely jubbly.

EDIT 2: Spelunker looks like a seriously old-school screen-by-screen platformer, like those from the C64 days, but with co-op. DO want. Gives me a Monty on the Run vibe.

duckroll said:
Seems like Undead Knights could be one of the games then. It's 1-4 players, it's an action game, it looks really western, there are guns, etc. I guess there's one more announcement to go?
Team Ninja Developed or Tecmo?

duckroll

Revelations said:
Team Ninja Developed?

I dunno, Famitsu doesn't give a crap about western looking PSP games, so it didn't even get a full page preview! The 3D looks pretty good though, so I guess that rules out all the other Tecmo teams. :lol

lupinko

I approve of chick in Quantum Theory, if game is good and has good camera, day one for me.

I'm guessing this is Hayashi's project? And probably runs on his Sigma engine.

duckroll said:
I dunno, Famitsu doesn't give a crap about western looking PSP games, so it didn't even get a full page preview! The 3D looks pretty good though, so I guess that rules out all the other Tecmo teams. :lol
:lol Anywho, for what it's worth they did a fine job with Fatal Frame they just needed more focus and a bigger budget to broaden the portfolio. They are like the ugly step sister of Tecmo.

jiggle

Cloud and Tina announcement at the same time then?

edit: oh wait, nvm, i don't think Kefka and Sephiroth got their official magazine presentation yet...

DieH@rd

Banned
WOW i asumed Quantum Theory will be some SciFI shooter. But DAAAAAAAAMMNNN, fantasy setting all the way for the win.

Endless

Away: Shuffle Dungeon (NDS, AQ Interactive): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Nazo Nazo & Quiz Ichi Kotae Jikkon Q Mate! (NDS, Konami): 5 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (21/40)
Culdcept DS (NDS, Sega): 9 / 7 / 8 / 9 - (33/40)
Yattaman DS 2 (NDS, Takara Tomy): 7 / 6 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2 (PSP, Sony): 9 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)
Kanuchi: Shiroki Tsubasa no Shou (PS2, Idea Factory): 6 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (22/40)
Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (Wii, Bandai Namco): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Daikaijuu Battle: Ultra Coliseum (Wii, Bandai Namco): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
FaceBreaker (PS3/Xbox 360, EA): 5 / 5 / 4 / 3 - (17/40)
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters (PS2, Bandai Namco): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)

Gamefront.de

Jonnyram

pswii60 said:
IREM as in R-Type IREM? Is this game a shooter?

Also, can't wait to see this Quantum Theory.

EDIT: Holy snapplecakes, just seen the scans, QT looks lovely jubbly.

EDIT 2: Spelunker looks like a seriously old-school screen-by-screen platformer, like those from the C64 days, but with co-op. DO want. Gives me a Monty on the Run vibe.
Wait, you've never heard of Spelunker? o_O
You are missing out, boy! Get on the case immediately. One of the best NES games out there :lol

pswii60

Jonnyram said:
Wait, you've never heard of Spelunker? o_O
You are missing out, boy! Get on the case immediately. One of the best NES games out there :lol
Well apparently it never came out in Europe! Getting on the case...

EDIT: C64 version looks familiar, think my friend had it.

Dahbomb

Anyone have translations on that Quantum Theory game by Tecmo?

It looks far more like a DMC game, only darker and more gothic. It doesn't look like a Gears of War third person shooter at all but it says TPS on the scan.

I really have to hand it to Microsoft. They have done an exceedingly good job at keeping the faucets tight when it comes to TGS news leakage. This is of course counting they actually have anything new epic mega worthy to announce.

duckroll said:
Quantum Theory is produced by Keisuke Kikuchi, the producer and head of Team Tachyon. Team Ninja fans am cry.
:lol Wow..ouch, Team Ninja no more? So whats the new name of Koei/Tecmo duck? Any clues int here?

BeeDog

duckroll said:
Quantum Theory is produced by Keisuke Kikuchi, the producer and head of Team Tachyon. Team Ninja fans am cry.

I barely know anything about Japanese developers. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

BeeDog said:
I barely know anything about Japanese developers. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Looks like Team Ninja is no more? Or could be a new group inside Team Ninja? I dont know Keisuke though.

duckroll

Revelations said:
Looks like Team Ninja is no more? Or could be a new group inside Team Ninja? I dont know Keisuke though.

Team Tachyon is Tecmo's other team. They make Fatal Frame and Rygar games. It has nothing to do with Team Ninja.

duckroll said:
Team Tachyon is Tecmo's other team. They make Fatal Frame and Rygar games. It has nothing to do with Team Ninja.
Gotcha. So the 3 Team Ninja games maybe still up for annoucement then it seems.
I forgot that Jin Hasegawa is now in charge of Team Ninja.

Top Bottom