• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks not-full-of-new-traditional-rpgs famitsu news

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/06/05/103,1181039689,72906,0,0.html

IAWW DS pre-order bonus: A stuffed cat toy.

What you get:

h-103_72906_suba0003.jpg.jpg

What it has to do with the game:

h-103_72906_suba0001.jpg.jpg
h-103_72906_suba0002.jpg.jpg

Rhindle

Bebpo said:
At least this week should be redeemed somewhat with a famitsu review for Trusty Bell whenever the scores come out. But it looks like that's the best we'll get out of the week :\
Trusty Bell: Chopin no Yume (Xbox 360, Bandai Namco): 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (35/40)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3, Tecmo): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
Game de Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z (NDS, Bandai Namco): 5 / 5 / 3 / 5 - (18/40)
Mizuiro Blood (NDS, Bandai Namco): 10 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (33/40)
Mahou Sensei Negima!? Neo-Pactio Fight!! (Wii, Marvelous): 4 / 4 / 4 / 4 - (16/40)

Courtesy Gamefront.

duckroll

Rhindle said:
Trusty Bell: Chopin no Yume (Xbox 360, Bandai Namco): 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 - (35/40)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3, Tecmo): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
Game de Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z (NDS, Bandai Namco): 5 / 5 / 3 / 5 - (18/40)
Mizuiro Blood (NDS, Bandai Namco): 10 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (33/40)
Mahou Sensei Negima!? Neo-Pactio Fight!! (Wii, Marvelous): 4 / 4 / 4 / 4 - (16/40)

Courtesy Gamefront.

Erm, you're ****ing slow. That was posted 2 hours ago. :p

People that can't be bothered to read a thread shouldn't be allowed to post in it.

M3d10n

Seems Ninja Gaiden Sigma escaped Famitsu's "no ports" policy somehow. The PSP FF games look upgraded enough to be reviewed too IMO.

duckroll

M3d10n said:
Seems Ninja Gaiden Sigma escaped Famitsu's "no ports" policy somehow. The PSP FF games look upgraded enough to be reviewed too IMO.

WHOA! You're right! I didn't even register that in the brain. Yeah, NGS would be the first "port" or "re-release" that Famitsu has reviewed since MGS3 Subsistence.

It's like every single year people's brains reset themselves and they forget how barren the summer months are.

At least we're getting E3 in the middle of it, so there's something to look forward to.

That aside... *goes back to playing EO*

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Pureauthor said:
It's like every single year people's brains reset themselves and they forget how barren the summer months are.

At least we're getting E3 in the middle of it, so there's something to look forward to.

That aside... *goes back to playing EO*
Barren? This year isn't exactly barren if you live in NA or JP.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Barren? This year isn't exactly barren if you live in NA or JP.

Well, Summer's slow this year compared to last year. I'm getting Trusty Bell next week, SRW OGs at the end of the month. Probably IAWW next month. August will be FFCC DS and Bioshock.

September onwards should be when the action kicks in, with CCFFVII, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Lost Odyssey, etc.

Oddly, enough, I'm like ducky in that I'll probably be getting only one game per month for the next few months. Except that none of my games will be the same ones as his.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Well, Summer's slow this year compared to last year. I'm getting Trusty Bell next week, SRW OGs at the end of the month. Probably IAWW next month. August will be FFCC DS and Bioshock.

September onwards should be when the action kicks in, with CCFFVII, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Lost Odyssey, etc.
Yeah, I noticed the JP list didn't look as good as last year, but definitely not barren. You're not getting Zelda DS, Basara 2 Heroes, or Rockman ZX Advent?

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Yeah, I noticed the JP list didn't look as good as last year, but definitely not barren. You're not getting Zelda DS, Basara 2 Heroes, or Rockman ZX Advent?

Zelda = English.
ZX Advent = English.

Basara 2 Heroes = hahahahaahahahah you're kidding right? (and it's WINTER)

xcomp

Tempy said:

Campus life at Blood Academy with a blue robot. Basically a bundle of mini games featuring the character designs from the Taiko Drum Master series. Mostly Japanese language related but one of them is a shoot-em-up game so prepare to spill some blue blood!

duckroll said:
Don't think I'll pre-order just for a stuffed toy. And how exactly is that a screen cleaner? :lol

duckroll said:
Zelda = English.
ZX Advent = English.

Basara 2 Heroes = hahahahaahahahah you're kidding right? (and it's WINTER)
Mmmm DQ Swords? Minna no Golf 5? Anyway, EU summer looks worse...I don't know a single game release date for summer that I care about.

You should be ashamed for not getting both version of Tales of Fandom 2 anyway :)

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Mmmm DQ Swords? Minna no Golf 5? Anyway, EU summer looks worse...I don't know a single game release date for summer that I care about.

I'm not getting a Wii anytime soon. I'm getting a PS3 to play Blu-Rays and Gundam Musou, not ****ing Golf. And erm... yeah that wraps it up!

Die in a pit, you Tales fanboy!

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/794/794548p1.html

New Nintendo DS controller

US, June 6, 2007 - Stylus not enough control for you? Then you'll want to pick up Nintendo's newest DS game. The latest issue of Famitsu has the first word on Slide Adventure: Mag Kid, a new DS game that will make use of a bundled "slide controller" peripheral.

The slide controller plugs into the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot and, laying beneath the system, looks somewhat like a stand. As you slide the DS around on a table, the controller picks up your movements. This is how you move the main character about the overhead fields of play.

The main character in question is the Mag Kid of the title. This peculiar circular creature has special magnetic properties which makes things attach to him. You'll have to use this special power to solve puzzles that take place about a house.

Mag Kid has a few special moves that make use of the slide controls. Sliding the DS in an enemy's direction makes Mag Kid ram into and paralyze the enemy. Paralyzed enemies can be attached to Mag Kid, giving him, depending on the enemy type, special powers, including lasers and fire breath. Finally, when you've lost interest in your support crew, you shake the DS to release them.

Mag Kid seems capable of attaching a small army of enemies to himself -- at least eight from what we've been able to gather. Some stages require that you create chains of enemies in the correct order.

As one example of the gameplay we can expect from the game, Famitsu details a boss fight in which Mag Kid faces off against the flames from four burners on a stove (the Four Flame Brothers, as they're known). To defeat the boss, you attach water drops to Mag Kid, then toss them at the flames.

Sounds like another cool gameplay concept from Nintendo, although we're wondering if the game will support the stylus for situations where you can't place the system on the ground (like on a train, or when you're hang gliding). A Japanese release for Mag Kid is set for 8/2, so expect further details to surface shortly.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bebpo said:
DS - Interview Master (how to do job interviews), fall

::decides against making insensitive joke about the SCEA employees who got laid off today::

neo2046

Slide Adventure Magkid / Bass Fishing Wii / DK Jungle Climber / Chibi Robo DS

and other "useless" pages

duckroll said:

the amount of trashing youve been doing on LO Im surprised you list it rather than other stuff, but I suppose it is about the only other big rpg this year and cant argue with inoue designs.

And yeah, not much this summer except sigma for me, but I dont buy more than one game every 2 or so months anyway

peace

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:
the amount of trashing youve been doing on LO Im surprised you list it rather than other stuff, but I suppose it is about the only other big rpg this year and cant argue with inoue designs.

The demo was ****ing horrible, and I will trash it every chance I get. That doesn't mean I'm not buying the game to find out if they somehow managed to crawl out of the horrible pit of suckage the crap-as-hell demo was.

n128

Kafel said:
Thx neo. o/

This Bass Fishing doesn't seem bad looking. Who's developing ?

developer: sims

anyone knows this company?

This games supports WIFI CONNECTION.
Can have fishing versus mode with someone.

RELEASE: 2007 FALL

reriel

from ign (nothing new):

While Mystwalker is being its typical shy self with new info on Lost Odyssey, a few bits did slip out in the latest issue of Famitsu.

As part of a special look at what's in the works for the Xbox 360, the magazine asked Lost Odyssey producer and Mistwalker founder Hironobu Sakaguchi for an update on the game. According to Sakaguchi, the game's packaging and background music are complete. Currently, the development team over at Feel Plus is adjusting the "wall system" and other gameplay systems.

Sakaguchi promises new information in the near future. We're not sure when that will be, but the game is still due out for 2007 release, so we'll hopefully hear something at E3.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794549p1.html

jarrod

Banned
n128 said:
developer: sims

anyone knows this company?

This games supports WIFI CONNECTION.
Can have fishing versus mode with someone.

RELEASE: 2007 FALL
Sims co-developed the SEGA Bass/Marine Fishing games with AM1, for a good point of reference. They're actually partially owned by SEGA, and have been around since the late 1980s iirc.... not too sure on the depth of their back catalog (their JP site only goes back to Dreamcast stuff), but they made Vay on Sega CD. :)

Dammit there needs to be some new LO media already. All I've got to go on is a bad demo(which I can't even play) and the fmv trailers(which are still amazing, I'd buy the game for them alone)

"Wall" system? The **** is this? Next they'll be working on the floors, and then maybe the windows, then they'll say they need curtains for the windows ah **** **** **** **** ****.

TreIII

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Dammit there needs to be some new LO media already. All I've got to go on is a bad demo(which I can't even play) and the fmv trailers(which are still amazing, I'd buy the game for them alone)

"Wall" system? The **** is this? Next they'll be working on the floors, and then maybe the windows, then they'll say they need curtains for the windows ah **** **** **** **** ****.

Shoot, at least you got SOMETHING more concrete on LO.

Those of us who've been waiting for ANY new media related to ASH are going on two years now... ;_;

lupin23rd

I believe he "wall system" is where you bang your head on the wall because the game is tough
Fire Emblem V tough
, or as duckroll has suggested, because it completely sucks donkey balls and you can't believe you bought it.

m

Kafel

Banned
TreIII said:
Shoot, at least you got SOMETHING more concrete on LO.

Those of us who've been waiting for ANY new media related to ASH are going on two years now... ;_;

Yeh, we're in front of the queue.

ASH will be released before LO so stay quiet guys. It's our turn now.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
jarrod said:
Sims co-developed the SEGA Bass/Marine Fishing games with AM1, for a good point of reference. They're actually partially owned by SEGA, and have been around since the late 1980s iirc.... not too sure on the depth of their back catalog (their JP site only goes back to Dreamcast stuff), but they made Vay on Sega CD. :)

oh nice, so is this get bass 3 or what?

jarrod

Banned
levious said:
oh nice, so is this get bass 3 or what?
Not exactly, though it'll probably be similar. Sims also made the Top Angler games, they've got a good fishing game pedigree.

PepsimanVsJoe said:

The wall system has something to do with the positioning of the characters and enemies on the battlefield. Putting your warriors in front of your magic users can shield them from damage or something like that...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
jarrod said:
Mostly Sims, WOW was the producer and mainly handled Naomi support I think?

Sounds encouraging then, but I've never played any of the top angler games.

KachoMakura said:
The wall system has something to do with the positioning of the characters and enemies on the battlefield. Putting your warriors in front of your magic users can shield them from damage or something like that...

Ah okay. Makes sense.

I just felt like being retarded.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
neo2046 said:
Slide Adventure Magkid / Bass Fishing Wii / DK Jungle Climber / Chibi Robo DS
Woah. Thread redeemed! Who is making this game! and if there's more interesting infos in the text, mention them please!
jarrod said:
Not exactly, though it'll probably be similar. Sims also made the Top Angler games, they've got a good fishing game pedigree.
oh yes. I hope that the developers could get a grip of the motion controls.

Kafel

Banned
I hope FF CC DS will deliver a great experience even in the single player campaign.

It's so sad it doesn't include an online mode. : /

Top Bottom