• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's OMGWTF Japanese mag news (Wii Vanillaware game!)

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Well it would be a real shame if they had to move the project to PS3 just because of the state of the market in Japan. I don't think the current difference is enough to warrant such a move, however. Maybe they're waiting to see how BD does in September NPD.

I think he's talking about SO4 and you're talking about moving BD to PS3 would be a shame?

Otherwise if you're talking about SO4 as well, it's not "moving" unless it was started there.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Of course it was started on 360. There isn't a shadow of doubt about this.

Errr...what?

There's just as much indication that Tri-Ace started IU on X360 and SO4 on PS3 in an attempt to get two engines with the same tools up and running identically on the two major HD systems so they can go back and forth this gen.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Which was what I was suggesting, should it be PS3 only...

The work that goes into IU wasn't intended to be only for 360 use, even if the final product is.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fuurai no Shiren 3 looks hot thanks creamsugar...can`t wait to get my hands on it, but first the ds version :)

manzo

creamsugar said:
Fuurai no Shiren 3 (Wii)

I really, really wish that Fuurai no Shiren 3 has the same quality music that the Dreamcast Onnakenshi Asuka had.

That soundtrack is still one of my all-time favourites.

Well, if we can't have Wesker, I suppose Chris and Jill make good enough substitutes.

Although, wouldn't this kinda screw over the RE4 monologue at the start? (Not that I think anyone, least of all Capcom, really cares.)

Edit: Now this is a Jill costume I can get behind.

I just watched a few videos of Odin Sphere...whoa. All I can say is: WE NEED MORE 2D GAMES!

I'm gonna have to rent this one because I probably won't find this game in stores anymore. Blame Wii Fit for making me check out the video in the first place.

titiklabingapat said:
I just watched a few videos of Odin Sphere...whoa. All I can say is: WE NEED MORE 2D GAMES!

I'm gonna have to rent this one because I probably won't find this game in stores anymore. Blame Wii Fit for making me check out the video in the first place.

Why didn't you buy Odin Sphere?

And if your answer is 'I don't have a PS2', my next question is 'Why don't you have a PS2?'

Pureauthor said:
Why didn't you buy Odin Sphere?

And if your answer is 'I don't have a PS2', my next question is 'Why don't you have a PS2?'
I inherited a working PS2 but never really got around to playing alot of its games like Okami(waiting for wiimake), SOTC(pretty but doesn't interest me), Odin Sphere(I don't really like JRPGs but this one is too pretty) and others. Plus, I hate the PS2's interface. Trivial, but they all add up.

Dascu

icecream said:
No seriously, what are you guys expecting? It's an old game. The only thing different will be the additional modes.

Take some PC screens, it'll probably be the most representative of.
Oh, I must've been misinformed. I thought Shikigami 3 was a new entry.

gconsole said:
Is that Jill and Hunk ? Anticipate increase!!

Looks like Jill, Chris & a team of special forces soldiers (you can see more than one Hunk-a-like in the shot on the first page) actually. They seem to be involved in an assault on some sort of Antarctic/Arctic compound, most likely the same one you can see Wesker looking out over on the second page. I’m actually wondering whether Wesker will even be playable now, as it appears that it will be more like:

RE – Chris/Jill
RE 0 – Rebecca/Billy
RE 3 – Jill/Carlos
“2003” – Chris/Jill

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Cosmonaut X said:
Looks like Jill, Chris & a team of special forces soldiers (you can see more than one Hunk-a-like in the shot on the first page) actually. They seem to be involved in an assault on some sort of Antarctic/Arctic compound, most likely the same one you can see Wesker looking out over on the second page. I’m actually wondering whether Wesker will even be playable now, as it appears that it will be more like:

RE – Chris/Jill
RE 0 – Rebecca/Billy
RE 3 – Jill/Carlos
“2003” – Chris/Jill

Needs more Jill

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Lobster said:
If this weren't bagged on by just about every impression my hype meter would be through the roof :(
I guess you didn't read Chris' impressions?

Aurora

watashiwaldesu.gif

Or is it just me?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
jj984jj said:

This game is actually starting to make me mad.
Was this Capcom's ploy all along?

Give the game shitty gameplay, but great story?
It's like - "Hey, we know the game sucks, and it isnt' what you wanted to play... but look! It's more "Resident Evil" than even 4 was! We know you want to know what happend! As a fan, you better buy it!"

:(

gconsole

John Harker said:
This game is actually starting to make me mad.
Was this Capcom's ploy all along?

It's like - "Hey, we know the game sucks, and it isnt' what you wanted to play... but look! It's more "Resident Evil" than even 4 was! We know you want to know what happend! As a fan, you better buy it!"

:(

Yes, put the series climax to shitty gun shooting game. That's how Capcom treat their fan :(

KiticanaX

Banned
titiklabingapat said:

They have some used copies at gamespot.

But this will be helpful if you want to buy it new.

I wouldn't recromend renting it, because it takes up to 50 hours to beat.

If you like 2D, beat-em-ups, and JRPG's then this is your game.:D

John Harker said:

I dont see how lightgun shooter gameplay equals shitty gameplay.

Thisgame has an awsome, cinematic presentation throughout the whole game, an easy, free of frustration-gameplay and finally reveals the reasons for Umbrella´s downfall.

And with RE4 Wii´s success and this story-compilation, Capcom could easily make a new RE Wii-game that features additional background.
How about a RE-game where you play as young Spencer, getting the idea of the T-virus and all that?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MasterMFauli said:

Thisgame has an awsome, cinematic presentation throughout the whole game, an easy, free of frustration-gameplay and finally reveals the reasons for Umbrella´s downfall.

It's not that lightgun automatically equals shitty gameplay, but from most hands on impressions, RE:UC doesn't even get the lightgun part right.

Lobster

Banned
jj984jj said:
I guess you didn't read Chris' impressions?

I read it and trust it but when everyone else thinks the opposite.. :( But I have hopes that Capcom are fixing the game since it could mean they're second great seller on Wii. This one might even cross a million worldwide if its good.

schuelma said:
It's not that lightgun automatically equals shitty gameplay, but from most hands on impressions, RE:UC doesn't even get the lightgun part right.

No, all these previews and hand-ons had wrong expectations.
Please watch any video of UC.
Point at Zombie and kill. That´s it. It´s a lightgun shooter. Nothing more, nothing less.
I dont know, but from people´s reactions it seems that they´re still crying bitter tears because this isnt a RE4-style game.
Get over it and enjoy what you get.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MasterMFauli said:
No, all these previews and hand-ons had wrong expectations.
Please watch any video of UC.
Point at Zombie and kill. That´s it. It´s a lightgun shooter. Nothing more, nothing less.
I dont know, but from people´s reactions it seems that they´re still crying bitter tears because this isnt a RE4-style game.
Get over it and enjoy what you get.

Ok, but when IGN is saying that the Medal of Honor Heroes lightgun mode is done better than RE:UC, I think there might be some issues.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
MasterMFauli said:

Well, except I'm one of the people posting shitty impressions.
Since, ya know, I've played it.

duckroll

Umbrella Chronicles would be better if they didn't decide to chronicle all the REs except the BEST ones (RE2, RECV, RE4). Seriously Capcom, wtf?

John Harker said:
Well, except I'm one of the people posting shitty impressions.
Since, ya know, I've played it.

Then elaborate, WHY you´re posting shitty impressions.

What is so bad about pointing at Zombies to kill them?

Top Bottom