• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Super Awesome Japanese NEWS: STING NEW DS Game "KNIGHTS IN THE NIGHTMARE"

dude

dude
Lobster said:
Realtime strategy that is turnbased.

like-
AOE-DS.
But Real time strategy cannot be turn based, it's either real time - using real time, or turn based- using abstract time defined as turns. You either use turns, or you use real time, you can't use both, it's just... not possible.

And AOE DS is turn based.

The game looks nice, btw.

TimeKillr

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Taigong Wang sounds awesome.

"Taigong Wang (a fisherman, boatman, or recluse) is found by Wen Wang and helps his son Wu Wang defeat the Shang and establish the Zhou Dynasty."

I imagine in Orochi 2 Liu Bei will seek the assistance of Taigong in order to defeat the Demons. Sounds great.

Taigong Wang is the hero of a manga called Hoshin Engi - it's based on classic chinese literature. He's actually a pretty cool character...

And Super Robot Taisen OG Saga (DS)

WTF? And now, I cry, because Bandai doesn't want to release that here, and won't let Atlus release them anymore! :(

Knights in the Nightmare looks pretty interesting, it's a shame I'm not huge on strategy games. I'm a little confused on what turn based RTS means. ???

I think Spectral Force DS looks kind of interesting too.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Battle Fantasia will probably be localized. AkSys has an incredible record of snapping up Arc System Works stuff. If we got Guilty Gear XX AC, and we're getting Super Dodgeball Brawlers and Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles, I have faith we'll get this too.

In one of the screenshots you can see BF's main menu.

There's an "Xbox Live" option there. There has to be leaderboards at least(how else are you going to compare your Survival/Time Attack scores?)

Llyranor

I haven't really played Riviera/Yggdra Union.

Is the former worth 50$ and the latter 40$? That's the only price I can find for them new, and that's the one way I buy my games.

Phthisis

Llyranor said:

Is the former worth 50$ and the latter 40$? That's the only price I can find for them new, and that's the one way I buy my games.

Yes/No (but some would disagree)

ethelred

Llyranor said:

Yes and yes.

Actually, yes and no -- wait to see if Atlus localizes the PSP remake.

kiryogi

Banned
Llyranor said:

Absolutely! Although, you can get the PSP Riviera for a little cheaper than that now if you want to take that route.

Llyranor

Well, before I destroy my wallet again, I'm reading a bit on both games (going through that linked Riviera thread now). I remember reading about Yggdra Union having questionable design elements (in terms of unfair situations that the player couldn't really predict). I'm normally all up for a challenge (I can spent hours stuck on a single boss and still love every single moment of it, IF the game doesn't just make it overly difficult by being cheap), but I'm not sure how much I like frustrating design. What can I expect?

(no PSP, so that route is out)

Llyranor

Okay, I read through some Riviera/Yggdra threads, and the innovative take on the JRPG/SRPG genres completely compels me. I just impulsed myself 90$ into poverty.

:/

kiryogi

Banned
Llyranor said:
Okay, I read through some Riviera/Yggdra threads, and the innovative take on the JRPG/SRPG genres completely compels me. I just impulsed myself 90$ into poverty.

:/

Good man! Yggdra cheers you on!
avaygg.gif

Top Bottom