• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

13686936_308136969539129_982049708_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJY6qPuBhys/
tumblr_oca9cfrUgZ1sc0ffqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_oca9cfrUgZ1sc0ffqo2_500.jpg

For some reason this shot made me want Tarantino to direct a Marvel movie.

BLACKLAC

This is the first I'm hearing that Ragnarok isn't 100% off-Earth, do we know how much will be set on Earth?

Pretty sure Feige said 90-95% off earth. If I had to guess: maybe spoilers:
It sounds like the rumors of Loki mind fucking Odin and sending him to earth are true. Loki could be showing Thor what he did with Odin here.

No clue if this has been mentioned yet, but Mark Mothersbaugh is doing the soundtrack for this. He had a lot of nice things to say about working with Taika Waititi, he (Mark) isn't really a blockbuster movie guy, but Taika specifically reached out and sent him a bunch interesting demos and got him on board.

The gist I got was it would be a mix of traditional orchestra and then synths. Mark seemed legitimately excited about what they were coming up with, so I'm optimistic this will have a better than normal soundtrack.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Pretty sure Feige said 90-95% off earth. If I had to guess: maybe spoilers:
It sounds like the rumors of Loki mind fucking Odin and sending him to earth are true. Loki could be showing Thor what he did with Odin here.

I'm wondering if there will be a
Doctor Strange
cameo:

Strange comes upon hobo Odin in NYC, senses a strange aura about him discovers who he really is, and brings him to the Sanctum Sanctorum to contact Thor.

Grazzt

They are filming in Brisbane City! Just two blocks away from where I live. I'll try to take some photos, but they have closed the roads.

Anung

Un Rama
No clue if this has been mentioned yet, but Mark Mothersbaugh is doing the soundtrack for this. He had a lot of nice things to say about working with Taika Waititi, he (Mark) isn't really a blockbuster movie guy, but Taika specifically reached out and sent him a bunch interesting demos and got him on board.

The gist I got was it would be a mix of traditional orchestra and then synths. Mark seemed legitimately excited about what they were coming up with, so I'm optimistic this will have a better than normal soundtrack.

Wow this might be the first time I'm on board for a Marvel score.

I am legit excited for this! Synth AND and cool 80s logo? What the hell does Taika have planned for this movie?!

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

I love synth soundtracks.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

How do you know about this?? This would be awesome if this is true.

mandiller

Here's my crappy phone pic. They're filming just down the street from me in Brisbane right now. Converted the city into New York by importing a bunch of New York taxis etc to drive down the street in the background. Kinda weird that they're trying to pretend Australia is New York.

jmood88

Wow, everything about this movie is off-kilter and I can't wait to see how it comes together.

WAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!??

movie is quickly turning into the film of the century

Wurst

Pretty exciting seeing them film. Tom and Chris were amazingly friendly!

They were filming a comedic scene where the two brothers are talking and some girls recognise Thor and do a selfie with him (loki was photobombing them in one take). Seemed like loki opened a Portal or something at the end and He leaves a note Thor picks up.

Nothing too exciting, really.

dabig2

She's gonna get killed by the monster from the end of The Dark World and no one will mourn her death.

Only for her to show up in Hel and for her to be a key factor in taking down Hela. Darcy's time to shine as the token human since Jane is gone!

^^^ Loki looks like a FF15 character.

All Umberto Gonzales has to do is crop the image and he has his next big scoop! I can just see the article now. "Tom Hiddleston cast in Final Fantasy live-action movie! First image here! You heard it first from El Mayimbe, folks!"

:p

How do you know about this?? This would be awesome if this is true.

I went to a wine tasting and Q&A last week, it was a retrospective of Devo and their music videos, Mark randomly brought it up halfway through.

He talked about Taika playing a mean theremin solo on a phone app. He said he was going back though tons of his old demos from the 80's to see if he could find anything to use for the movie. He also mentioned the original demos that Taika sent reminded him of Devo.

Hopefully Mark was allowed to talk about it, I've seen him speak twice now, he's very friendly and really cool to his fans.

eizarus

Banned
Thor 3 is quickly becoming my most anticipated blockbuster movie yet.

I'm more excited by this than Avengers: Infinity War. I just hope they aim for something on an epic scale; they've got freaking "Ragnarok" in the subtitle and the Hulk's in it. If it's another Thor 2 then I'm gonna be disappointed.

Pachimari

I have some damn high epic hopes for this movie. Taika steering the hammer, Cate Blanchett and the whole cast rumbling the floor, the Ragnarok event unfolding, Hulk smashing the Grandmaster's games and a wink and nod to Doctor Strange himself.

EPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom