• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those who hate Trump: aside from COVID has his presidency directly impacted your life in a tangible negative way?

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I’m seeing so many people on social media say the United States won’t survive another 4 years of Trump and how people who vote for Trump “don’t care that they’re greatly hurting the lives of other people, especially minorities.”

So I’m curious and this isn’t rhetorical, this is an honest question. Excluding COVID, has Trump’s presidency negatively affected your life in a tangible way? I use the terms direct and tangible specifically because “my neighbor was mean to me and I bet it’s because he got mean rhetoric from Trump!” Isn’t direct or tangible. I mean something you know for sure is a direct impact of a policy or agenda that Trump has done during his first term.

For example: has his policies hurt you financially or something like that. Maybe you had a family member who was taken and detained by ICE. Anything else. And if you hate Trump, but your life hasn’t gotten worse in any way under him, pleas state that as well.

I just want to see if anyone here actually has a story to tell where it has.

And for the Trump fans here, please don’t mock anyone here who voices their thoughts. I’m interested in honest discourse.

bohrdom

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
He hasn't hurt my life in a direct way in the past four years aside from COVID but I see his inaction right now and the beliefs he espouses as something that will hurt us in the long run.

I've seen so many people in my community pushed out into the streets and suffering because there isn't a relief package. This is a government shutdown of the economy, they need to provide financial assistance to make sure that people can pay rent, eat, sleep, etc.

Not only that I think he botched the entire economic recovery by not providing government funding PPE for businesses, providing easy contact tracing for businesses, providing guidance to businesses, etc. He and the GOP are the reason why the government has become incapable.

Now for the future: the science supports man-made climate change and he's done everything in his power to rollback policy in favor of coal, oil, etc. This is not future thinking. It's stupidity and old school thinking. All our competitors are gonna beat us in this race if we stop taking the lead.

Also I think this question is silly because I'm voting based off what I think his policies in the future will do not what he did do.

He had some great items in his original 2016 platform which he just didn't do:
  1. Term limits for all politicians.
  2. Draining the swamp. Getting rid of establishment Republicans/Democrats.
He didn't do either of these things.

Last edited:

tfur

Oct 21, 2007
Well, like they said what happened, did indeed happen.

He rounded up all the gays and black people.
He was literally Hitler and moved the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, as promised by countless past Presidents.
He took all of the jobs from the remaining black people, and imprisoned them all.
Also, if you are not willing to kill a woman's child at 9+ months, you are one of Trump's Handmaiden Tale people.

He also tweeted something upsetting.

Basically, he has made me have to plan to move to Canada or anywhere else.

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Yes, whether his doing or not, my finances have improved dramatically. The tax breaks he pushed for and signed into law definitely helped me a lot.

If he gets to stay in office, my kids will benefit from his pushback against CRT-based curriculum in public schools.

Other than that, the things that have transpired during his presidency have "woke" me up to a lot of craziness that was always there, so for that I am thankful.

edit: shit, I can't even read the title properly... this was not a thread for me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2020
He hasn't hurt my life in a direct way in the past four years aside from COVID but I see his inaction right now and the beliefs he espouses as something that will hurt us in the long run.

I've seen so many people in my community pushed out into the streets and suffering because there isn't a relief package. This is a government shutdown of the economy, they need to provide financial assistance to make sure that people can pay rent, eat, sleep, etc.

Not only that I think he botched the entire economic recovery by not providing government funding PPE for businesses, providing easy contact tracing for businesses, providing guidance to businesses, etc. He and the GOP are the reason why the government has become incapable.

Now for the future: the science supports man-made climate change and he's done everything in his power to rollback policy in favor of coal, oil, etc. This is not future thinking. It's stupidity and old school thinking. All our competitors are gonna beat us in this race if we stop taking the lead.

Also I think this question is silly because I'm voting based off what I think his policies in the future will do not what he did do.

It sounds like you should be more upset with Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat mayors and governors.

bohrdom

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
It sounds like you should be more upset with Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat mayors and governors.
How so? He said that he's pulling back from negotiations.

Then he reversed and said that he was going to give checks but Senate Republicans aren't onboard with it. All I know about the negotiations is what I see on Twitter and news channels.

Providing guidance/funding/infrastructure to businesses would be more effective at a national level. You have far more funding, consolidation of knowledge, and access to the best minds when you're operating at a national level. If he was a leader maybe we'd be able to minimize deaths, keep people safe, and have the economy open to some level.

Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2020
B bohrdom

The Democrats took draconian measures and cost millions their jobs. Pelosi was not negotiating in good faith. She was trying to put all kinds of irrelevant pork in there. Even Wolf Blitzer called her out on her childish behavior. Her retort was essentially I’m taking my ball home and you are mean Wolf.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
He has no power to do #1.

He has done a lot of #2 in regards to the bureaus and such he possesses the ability to appoint people. He can't just turn into a dictator and start banning/killing his political opponents despite how much the Left might accuse him of trying to do so.

bohrdom

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
B bohrdom

The Democrats took draconian measures and cost millions their jobs. Pelosi was not negotiating in good faith. She was trying to put all kinds of irrelevant pork in there. Even Wolf Blitzer called her out on her childish behavior. Her retort was essentially I’m taking my ball home and you are mean Wolf.
Even if she caved on the GOP plan, the GOP said they wouldn't sign it. Why would she give up her negotiating position? He's suffering in the polls and she's effectively giving him a lifeline. He just has to agree but he won't.

Reactions: InDaGulag

bohrdom

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
He has no power to do #1.

He has done a lot of #2 in regards to the bureaus and such he possesses the ability to appoint people. He can't just turn into a dictator and start banning/killing his political opponents despite how much the Left might accuse him of trying to do so.
Not really achieved #2. He's still hiring people off of Wall Street and using Republican groups to appoint people.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zefah

TKOFromTokyo

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2020
Even if she caved on the GOP plan, the GOP said they wouldn't sign it. Why would she give up her negotiating position? He's suffering in the polls and she's effectively giving him a lifeline. He just has to agree but he won't.
Okay, so you admit she is preventing people from getting help so he can’t get re-elected. That sounds like she is the problem. Thanks for confirming what I said.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: KiNeMz

bohrdom

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
Okay, so you admit she is preventing people from getting help so he can’t get re-elected. That sounds like she is the problem. Thanks for confirming what I said.
Lol if this helps you sleep at night go ahead.

"Even if she caved, Republicans won't sign it." How does that sound like Pelosi is stopping things?

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
His teams response to Covid almost killed my father. But outside of Covid and destroying personal relationships he himself hasn't impacted my life directly.
I’m terribly sorry your father got very sick, but do you know that if say Hillary was president instead, he wouldn’t have gotten sick?

I’m not a fan of Trump and I don’t think he did a great job, but whenever someone blames him for every COVID infection or death, that assumes the alternative would’ve had zero deaths. Otherwise, he can’t be blamed for all of them.

The question is how many less deaths would there be with another president and I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that. I mean, it’s a highly contagious virus in a densely packed nation with many liberties.

It’s why I excluded it from this because no one can definitely answer that question. And I think even if you hate Trump, you have to at least be willing to admit you don’t know for certain if it would’ve been contained under another president.

Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009

“I've seen so many people in my community pushed out into the streets and suffering because there isn't a relief package. This is a government shutdown of the economy, they need to provide financial assistance to make sure that people can pay rent, eat, sleep, etc.”

Where do you live and why do you blame Trump for a prolonged shutdown he’s against? And is an extra $1200 going change anyones circumstances?

“Not only that I think he botched the entire economic recovery by not providing government funding PPE for businesses, providing easy contact tracing for businesses, providing guidance to businesses, etc. He and the GOP are the reason why the government has become incapable.”

He botched the entire economic recovery by not buying masks for businesses? I’m not following. Everyone has a mask and he gave a bunch of money to businesses, this isn’t a problem. What are you talking about?

“Now for the future: the science supports man-made climate change and he's done everything in his power to rollback policy in favor of coal, oil, etc. This is not future thinking. It's stupidity and old school thinking. All our competitors are gonna beat us in this race if we stop taking the lead.”

Our carbon emissions continue to drop. Alarmist claim we have 10 years before we die but science doesn’t support that and it’s an obvious power grab. Also solar and electric vehicle economies have boomed under Trump. And we need coal and oil because that is how we get our energy in, for example, Democrat California.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Cycom and KiNeMz

TaySan

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
I’m terribly sorry your father got very sick, but do you know that if say Hillary was president instead, he wouldn’t have gotten sick?

I’m not a fan of Trump and I don’t think he did a great job, but whenever someone blames him for every COVID infection or death, that assumes the alternative would’ve had zero deaths. Otherwise, he can’t be blamed for all of them.

The question is how many less deaths would there be with another president and I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that. I mean, it’s a highly contagious virus in a densely packed nation with many liberties.

It’s why I excluded it from this because no one can definitely answer that question. And I think even if you hate Trump, you have to at least be willing to admit you don’t know for certain if it would’ve been contained under another president.
To be fair to Trump, Gov Doug Ducey shares more of the blame. but I'm confident Hillary would have shut down the country much sooner. But we will never know.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
I’m making way more money than I did under Obama but that’s largely because I moved to California and job hopped instead of working at the same place for 40 years like the Boomers.

Regarding TDS the media has a lot more to do with making people on the left feel depressed, anxious and nutty than any single action the president has taken: which haven’t impacted me in the slightest. I’m not a soybean farmer or illegal immigrant.

I don’t hate Trump I just think he argues like a bully or Toddler and really doesn’t understand government well enough to come up with detailed strategies and plans: he runs it like a CEO and hopes that the people working for him can handle it.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018
Kentucky
To be fair to Trump, Gov Doug Ducey shares more of the blame. but I'm confident Hillary would have shut down the country much sooner. But we will never know.
Do you think she would have been called xenophobic like the dems did when trump started shutting stuff down though?

But I'm still curious how Trump has affected your personal relationships. Did you get cock blocked on a date by him or something?

TaySan

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Do you think she would have been called xenophobic like the dems did when trump started shutting stuff down though?

But I'm still curious how Trump has affected your personal relationships. Did you get cock blocked on a date by him or something?
Due to Covid? No of course not and I don't recall Democrats doing that. They did when the Muslim travel bans were going on.

Did you get cock blocked on a date by him or something?
A old HS crush of mine was a trump supporter. What a disappointment. :(

But seriously so many friends of mine changed after 2016 I had to cut them out of my life. Moved out of state to start things fresh.

TKOFromTokyo

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2020
Due to Covid? No of course not and I don't recall Democrats doing that. They did when the Muslim travel bans were going on.

But seriously so many friends of mine changed after 2016 I had to cut them out of my life. Moved out of state to start things fresh.
If Scalia and Ginsburg could be friends I see no reason why you can’t be friends with Trump supporters. That says more about you/your friends than the president.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I've always considered that more to the individual states. I don't know if a president has the power to technically shut down an entire country and if they did, I don't think it would've been received well at the time.

But it depends on what you mean by shut down. How shut down and for how long?

And don't forget masks weren't mandated until late April, early May. That was a major goof that wasn't related to Trump. Especially now when masks are considered "the key" to stopping everything and the CDC and WHO flat out told people not to wear them until late April. For example, right now we're starting to open back up and it's widely accepted to be ok by health experts and long as social distancing and masks are ok.

If the experts are correct, then the CDC mandating masks back in February and March probably would've had a much greater impact on the spread than anything Trump didn't do.

NeilH1982

Jul 9, 2019

This is sad. Blames Trump for his own intolerance. Grow the fuck up\

Edit :

My previous post was a prediction of your answer BTW.

Here's a story you might like

Last edited:

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014

RE: assistance

And he can't just "do" things like term limits.

Last edited:

Lasthope106

Jun 25, 2009
USA
His biggest failure has been the shitshow that is his handling of Covid 19. Wearing a mask should have never been the stupidity that it has become. Lot of my relatives got sick with Covid. Thankfully no one died. But the governor of my state followed Trump's rhetoric that it was just like the flu, and never forced businesses to be more careful at the beginning.

I'm also exhausted of how he is able to freak out most liberals, to the point they are saying dumb shit like "I'm moving to Canada. I can't live here." Or "I'm moving to a liberal city/state." I have to deal with their paranoia on a daily basis. Also I don't like his back and forth with white supremacy which I think it's very dangerous.

But other than that, whether because of his policies, or not, my stocks have done very well. And I applaud the tough instance he took with China.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaySan

dkny1121

Mar 23, 2018
His teams response to Covid almost killed my father. But outside of Covid and destroying personal relationships he himself hasn't impacted my life directly.
Sounds like your father shoulda worn a mask

KiNeMz

Aug 6, 2019
You cant blame Trump for Covid response. You have no idea how the response would have bene in another timeline with another President. Trumps response is based of the health officials and the experts including the WHO. Who dropped the ball completely for the entire planet. The WHO are the ones who are the advise, and who the Administrations of countries all around the w would look too for guidance. Trump cut them off. Great move. Covid could've have been shut down alot earlier if the WHO did what their whole mission statement outlines. BUt they were in coo hoots with CHina. And here we are today. The USA being as large as it is, with the populations size it has and the amount of international travelers, its very complex how a pandemic will spread in a country like it. This virus will run through every country on the planet, there is no stopping it its just the way it is. You can blame trump, r you can blame democrats or anyone you like. But the most important thing now, is how do Countries rebuild and minimize casualty. That's the key now. The USA is a very important factor in this now. This election is extremely important for the people of the USA and the economy of the world. Trump can do it. Not usre if Biden can. But one thing is for certain , Social Politics and Woke ideology will send us backwards not forwards.

Reactions: zombrex and TeezzyD

draw4wild

Sep 23, 2011
The issue I have with Covid is we have no idea what a "good" response would look like.

Like lets say 2 million people were "supposed" to die but we have 200k. Now it looks like he did a great job. Its all spin at this point. Cuomo did a good job but Trump did a bad job? That doesn't really jive

Last edited:

Lasthope106

Jun 25, 2009
USA
You cant blame Trump for Covid response. You have no idea how the response would have bene in another timeline with another President. Trumps response is based of the health officials and the experts including the WHO. Who dropped the ball completely for the entire planet. The WHO are the ones who are the advise, and who the Administrations of countries all around the w would look too for guidance. Trump cut them off. Great move. Covid could've have been shut down alot earlier if the WHO did what their whole mission statement outlines. BUt they were in coo hoots with CHina. And here we are today. The USA being as large as it is, with the populations size it has and the amount of international travelers, its very complex how a pandemic will spread in a country like it. This virus will run through every country on the planet, there is no stopping it its just the way it is. You can blame trump, r you can blame democrats or anyone you like. But the most important thing now, is how do Countries rebuild and minimize casualty. That's the key now. The USA is a very important factor in this now. This election is extremely important for the people of the USA and the economy of the world. Trump can do it. Not usre if Biden can. But one thing is for certain , Social Politics and Woke ideology will send us backwards not forwards.
Will have to disagree with you. The dude straight up lied and said that Covid wasn't a thing, that it was going to go away when the weather got warm. He is on the record saying that. I get it. Some people just don't see my perspective. But I'm fairly confident in saying that if Clinton had been the president during Covid, things would have been handled better.

I do agree with you in the part that we are where we are, and now we have to figure out solutions instead of blaming each other. But I can't believe Trump is still encouraging people to attend rallies or minimizing the danger of Covid. Come on.

Reactions: TaySan