• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those Windows drivers for the Xbox One controller would be nice

blamite

I'm so glad this is (apparently) finally coming. After my wired 360 controller broke I pretty much gave up on playing any PC games I'd want to use a controller for because I didn't want to buy another 360 pad knowing I'd just be replacing it with the Xbone version somewhere down the line.

Caayn

Oh and @Albert Penello: we need this for Xbox One! Please :)
Oohh yes please. And please allow third parties to also make wireless headsets for both chat and game/music/etc audio, would be super nice to be able to use one pair of headphones for all my devices.

I sometimes game with headphones on to not disturb the others around the house with constantly the same sound effects (raatatatattatatata, etc), but wearing headphones and a mic isn't exactly something you want.

Jesb

ibtQ6ihSimbCK6.gif

What you are currently doing is connecting a Direct Input controller with no official drivers to your PC. Direct Input is an old standard that doesn't have much support with current games.

You need an Xinput wrapper that forces the PC to accept the DS4 as a 360 controller. I just played through 100 hours of Dark Souls II with no issues.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-yet-another-DualShock-4-driver

I did all that. Finally got it to work, but...

So I was finally able to get the controller working perfectly for a few games, and was pleased to finally get it to work, but that excitement soon came to an end as I tested more games with it. A lot of bugs. Bastion worked great but than when I quit the game it would constantly launch the game over and over again. I had to force quit steam for it to stop. Tested Sleeping dogs and you can't navigate the menu, using the dpad or stick it would skip menu options, had to navigate with the keyboard in order to get the game set up. Than even when it started the camera would keep spinning in a circle and I couldn't stop it.

Some games work perfectly. RE Revelations was perfect, as was Witcher 2, but others have problems so it's still not usable for me. I'm going to have to continue to use my wired razer controller.

Red Comet

Are they still planning on releasing drivers that give Xbone controllers support, or are they only planning on releasing specific controllers for PC (as was rumored)? I'm gonna be pissed if it's the latter.

The bumpers are shitty but those triggers are too good. And also, the grooves on the sticks are beautiful.
Yeah the sticks feel really nice, and the triggers are great once again (like on 360).
If you could guarantee that Square/Triangle/Circle/Cross button prompts would appear in 90%+ of PC games with controller support like I can expect with ABXY button prompts, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Why does it matter, unless you're still looking down at your controller to find buttons?

That said, some devs are including options lately. Hopefully it catches on!

Jesb

Are they still planning on releasing drivers that give Xbone controllers support, or are they only planning on releasing specific controllers for PC (as was rumored)? I'm gonna be pissed if it's the latter.

Driver support is for Xbone controllers, they aren't planning to have separate windows Xbone controllers. At least that's what their rep has said on here.

Grief.exe

I did all that. Finally got it to work, but...

So I was finally able to get the controller working perfectly for a few games, and was pleased to finally get it to work, but that excitement soon came to an end as I tested more games with it. A lot of bugs. Bastion worked great but than when I quit the game it would constantly launch the game over and over again. I had to force quit steam for it to stop. Tested Sleeping dogs and you can't navigate the menu, using the dpad or stick it would skip menu options, had to navigate with the keyboard in order to get the game set up. Than even when it started the camera would keep spinning in a circle and I couldn't stop it.

Some games work perfectly. RE Revelations was perfect, as was Witcher 2, but others have problems so it's still not usable for me. I'm going to have to continue to use my wired razer controller.

You have to select the 'hide DS4' option.

Red Comet

Driver support is for Xbone controllers, they aren't planning to have separate windows Xbone controllers. At least that's what their rep has said on here.

Okay, good. I was under the impression that at one point there was a rumor that current controllers wouldn't be getting support.

Chettlar

Banned
The bumpers are shitty but those triggers are too good. And also, the grooves on the sticks are beautiful.

The bumpers are fantastic. What are you taking about?

Or are you one of those people who physically moves his fingers to hit the bumpers instead of doing it the right way: just roll your finger back.

sirap

The bumpers are fantastic. What are you taking about?

Or are you one of those people who physically moves his fingers to hit the bumpers instead of doing it the right way: just roll your finger back.

That works fine for games where you only need to hit the bumpers occasionally, but man those things suck for dark souls. Had a terrible time keeping my bow up.

Top Bottom