• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thoughts on PS Experience Keynote?

Volcane

I loved the Uncharted gameplay.

Also, liked the look of Bloodborne, Until Dawn and The Order.

A lot of nice looking indie games.

No More Sky looks nice, but it is all very well that you can visit all these planets, what is the actually point - oh look, a nice a big creature.

David Jaffes game looked a bit naff, and was disappointing to end the show on.

RIP TLG

Tagg9

If someone thinks that show was mediocre and lack of games, PLEASE, LEAVE THE GAMING HOBI AND GO USE SOME DRUGS!!!

There wasn't a lack of games, but there was a distinct lack of anything new. Tell me any new game announcement that you're excited for and why.

Rainy

Banned
I was not expecting FFVII but that was a major troll that really was not cool.

I was expecting TLG and the continual silence on this game is unacceptable.

I don't understand the logic in announcing SF5 the day before their conference though, that is a major announcement that would have been a gigaton announced at the conference. Still is I guess

Sony has a real problem with constantly showing the same products over and over again. How many conferences in a row have we seen a major presence for Destiny, Batman, NMS, Order etc

SF5 leaked, they didn't announce it.

Good games but nothing that made me jizz in my pants.
Same as every conference... okay throughout, no real moments of awe.
I was more excited by Killer Instinct from the MS E3 conference before because it was a franchise I cared about and was a genuine surprise. Now if that FF7 trailer was an actual remake I would say this was a good conference... but no FF7r, no Crash, no TLG (damn.. damn, damn).

Now I just want to get a LE 20th PS4, where is the Canadian link? :/
I am sleeping soon so I will likely miss out on it all once I wake up.

18-Volt

+ Yakuza 5
+ Resident Evil Vita
+ Day of Tentacle Remaster
+ Suikoden 1& 2 for PSP
+ SF5 looks cool
+ Uncharted 4 looks cool
+ Wattam!

- No localizations or PS2 HD collection ports for Vita. Just RE:R2 and Day of Tentacle
- No Ratchet
- No Crash
- No Sony Japan love
- The Order 1888 looks boring
- That God of War teasing on Layden's shirt, but nothing
- Jaffe's new game is online arena shooter
- FF7. Is that a remaster? Why only PS4 and no Vita?

Hearing the negative reaction made me decide that some of you guys deserve games like Unity and The Crew.
Seriously messed up expectations.

I'm shocked people thought that was bad? It was two hours of almost constant game announcements, gameplay, Vita acknowledgment, Yakuza 5 and 3 free games? OK I fell for the SE trolling but otherwise it was all pretty cool stuff?

Patapwn

Sony does a really bad job at ending their conferences. The rest was honestly pretty great but they NEEDED a 'one more thing' moment with a AAA game announcement

Thought it was a great conference...but I kept on waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting....

for Guerilla Games new game announcement! /cry

Cmagus

Good show for me overall. Tons of games coming many I'm interested in. TLG didn't surprise me there really is no need till TGS.

Uncharted looked really nice, Until Dawn looks interesting as well. The order looked alright I've never been big on it though.

It was great to see a lot of the old classics like DOTT and Grim Fandango coming back and they announced a nice bunch of Vita and indie titles that looked really good.

If there was one thing I was hoping for it would have been PSO2 but that was a long shot. At least we got Yakuza though.

Jaffes game looked odd I'd certainly want to see it further along. No mans sky still looks incredible I cannot wait.

These games plus the games shown at E3 plus whatever TGS brings is certainly shaping next year into an incredie year for PS fans.

Cavalier

Banned
Until Dawn was surprisingly the best game shown today. Other than that, everything else seems okay. Nothing ground breaking.

If i had just tuned out after the UC4 footage, i really wouldn't have missed anything at all. SFV already leaked and apparently that was their big megaton announcement, along with the announcement of the 100th port of USF4

That FF7 announcement was a master troll and a huge punch in the gut for everyone.

And it's really annoying how Sony keeps making a big deal out of all of these ports. Ported to ps4, yay. Ported to vita, yay. Does it really need to be announced on the big stage at these big press conferences? It doesn't help that i will or have already played these games on my gaming PC.

No Crash, No Syphon Filter, PaRappa, Ape Escape, Legend Of Dragoon, Arc the Lad, nothing. Where are the classic franchises? What was the point of feeding into our nostalgia then? Not even a mention of The Last Guardian? Guerilla Games new IP? A bunch of downloadable games from SSM?

and you close out with a pretty space simulator and...Drawn to Death?

The whole thing wasn't terrible, but it just seemed unnecessary and ultimately disappointing. Same thing with "The Game Awards"

Lol! Where were you guys getting these expectations from?

And, if they even did this, you guys would be screaming how much of a port it was.

Funnily enough, You even said here... Requoted for emphasis.

And it's really annoying how Sony keeps making a big deal out of all of these ports. Ported to ps4, yay. Ported to vita, yay. Does it really need to be announced on the big stage at these big press conferences? It doesn't help that i will or have already played these games

Look in the mirror bud. You did this to yourself. Not them. This is totally not their fault if you were expecting more than they ever announced to you lol.

4/10 for me, the conference had it's peak right at the beginning with U4, TLG no show is always sad but dat FF7 troll was insulting and added salt to the wound.

Would have been one of the best conferences I have seen if not for the FFVII troll and ending with Jaffe's game. Jaffe's game looks cool but not show ending cool. Guessing they were going to end with SFV exclusivity but had to make a last minute switch.

Not sure why anyone was expecting any S-grade megatons. That we got ANY announces/reveals at all is welcomed for this time of year. And holy crap that was a ton of reveals, I don't care if they were all AAA blockbuster multi-million-sellers or not. A lot of smaller stuff gets some press and hype this way where it would get buried at the standard conferences, too, which is good.

There was content in there for pretty much everyone, somewhere. Content shown on some already-announced big-name stuff, too. A little heavily stacked at the beginning. For a "hey, we're throwing this random thing this weekend, guys!" on relatively short notice event, this was more than acceptable.

Sony is seriously not fucking around this gen. That's for damn sure.

Fuck you, Square-Enix. Fuck. you.

Fbh

Okish:

Best:

Uncharted: Looks like more of the same but the graphics are great, the new indiana jones like rope mechanic looks awesome and the level design looked like a big step up from past uncharted games (bigger and more dynamic areas)

Yakuza 5: Holy shit!!!!! I had already lost hope that I would ever get to play this. Best announcement from the show BY A MILE

Bloodborne: At this point, every new content they show of the game just makes the wait all the more painful

Worst:

FFVII: Square just trolled everyone

On the same note: Tons of "OMG!..oh..wait...buu" moments. From Santa Monica to Persona 5

The Order 1886: As far as I know this was the last big event they had to promote the game before release.... and it still looks like a VERY uninspired and by the numbers TPS... with amazing graphics

As a new type of event they just announced a month before it wasn't that bad. At least it was mostly games after games after games and we got some new footage of several interesting projects.
But from the "announcements" point of view, other than Yakuza 5 this was a big letdown

EDIT:

Oh also, Free Garden Warfare is awesome.
People like to hate on E3 but between Dragon Age and stuff like this.... I'm starting to regain hope in the company

I don't mind games by small studios, I mind that every "indie" game has that same look and feel of some super hipster shit. "this is SNES era graphics inspired because SNES was the best right guys~" or this is a game where we try to show how deep an thoughtful we are while I insert my high school poetry in the background of a game with only 3 colors! see how quirky I am. I our games were movies, they would have Michal Sera and Zoey Danshanel in them! See how indie we are! Our favorite bands only play shows with an audience of 4 people, because 4 is an even number and thats our philosophy on the universe, see how freaking INDIE WE ARE.

Granted most games are not like that... and I do enjoy a lot of smaller games...but so many have that damn stink on them visually and gameplay wise it really does nothing for some of us. At the same time I don't like those big budget AAA games either like Uncharted and Dragon Age so maybe I'm just weird. Some of us just think this way.
Yeah you're pretty weird. But at least you're self-aware. You seem to have a really weird view of what indies are, but that's alright I guess.

kadotsu

Banned
Random thoughts:

I wonder if this industry has completely forgotten how to make RPGs. SCEI has zero in their portfolio and MS is turning their RPG franchises into C-Grade competitive games.

There was some good though Y5, Uncharted having good level design again and some nice ports for console only owners.

David Jaffe should stop trying to chase multiplayer success. He can't compete with the best in the business and no one wants 90s nostalgia constantly in their lifestyle games.

Frankly I think the "insider hype" thing has gone way out of control on NeoGAF and there is a constant flow of bullshit coming through that gets people falsely hyped. I didn't fall for it this time but a lot of people did

Mentok

Banned
To be quite honest, I didn't feel "blown away". I'm sure I'm in the minority, and know that their announcements definitely wowed people.
-SF5 isn't huge for me because I'm not into fighting games.
-FF7 being ported was never on my "want" list.
-My "holy sh@t" moment was for Yakuza 5 being localized, but I only have a PS4, so I can't even get too excited about that.
-The indy game announcements (particularly TIME force and Shovel Knight) were great to hear.

The games I already knew about and will be getting (UC4, Bloodborne, Tearaway) had great gameplay reveals, but I would've been getting those games regardless.

Again, LOTS of games revealed and I'm sure a lot of people are happy with it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
qlurnn.gif

Great show. But the ending was meh. And screw Square Enix.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I wonder if I was watching the same conference as some of you. I thought I was surrounded by people who love games, evidently that's not the case.

Seventy70

There was very little talking which is good. They mostly just showed the trailer/footage and walked off stage rather than trying to pointlessly describe "features" in the game.

Maybe there wasn't this one stand-out announcement for which you alone would buy the console. But they did a great job of showcasing the sheer breadth and vastness of their portfolio. There really is something in there for everyone. So yeah, I thought it was pretty great.

wapplew

Great open with no lead in, to sum up my feeling.
Yakuza 5 news cool, no Yakuza Zero
Killstrain cool, no gameplay
Persona 5 cool, no trailer
FF7...
Lots of teaser, not enough meat.

But if you make a list of announcement, it will be super impressive.

thuway

Everything was awesome, EXCEPT FOR FINAL FANTASY VII NEVER LET SHINJI HASHIMOTO NEAR A STAGE AGAIN.

PLEASE GO AWAY. :/

Kyo645

Banned
It was really great and was a fantastic showcase of games that are coming up and yakuza 5 and street fighter 5 made it for me. It was an event to celebrate playstation. I mean they and couldve waited to show things at E3, but they put this together for people to follow and enjoy what sony is working on. This can be seen as a nintendo direct(show games that are coming out and maybe have a megaton or two).

Looking through the main thread, i see people were way to hyped for this and there is so much salt:

This keynote was so boring. Uncharted looked like crap, and the gameplay was way to long. Bloodborne looks so boring and a bunch of indie titles for the indiestation 4. Where was the next god of war? Crash? DMC5? THE LAST GUARDIAN? And they announced a game that everyone knew about already, and it looks just like street fighter 4! Im returning my playstation 4 tomorrow!

Hearing the negative reaction made me decide that some of you guys deserve games like Unity and The Crew.
Seriously messed up expectations.

You are not lying. That 5000+ page thread worth of hype was ridiculous. Especially considering that we all know the "circumstances" for all those franchises some were expecting to see on stage today lol.

Lucreto

A very strong 9.

Excellent show. I loved it and hope for it to again next year.

My highlights are too many to count.

Uncharted 4 looks amazing and can’t wait to play it.
Tearaway is another Day One title I can’t wait for after playing the Vita one.
Batman is Batman and look forward to playing it in June. Where is the Batmobile edition?
Grim Fandango Remaster, Day of the Tentacle and Broken Age blow we away. Tim is getting a lot of my money.
Two Street Fighter titles exclusive is amazing even these are not my type of games.
The Square raised my hopes and dashed them but it is still a buy for me and I can’t wait to hear more.
I hope we get Suikoden 1 and 2 in the not so distant future in the EU as it seems US only so far.

Can EUGAF start a campaign on konami uk twitter.
Again an excellent night and 2015 is looking very strong for PlayStation

Macnair

Suikoden 2 for Vita oh yes!

FFVII PC port was the only let down for me really. I was waiting for the graphics to change and the word remastered to appear but nothing. hahaha

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think the best thing in it were the indies. Some really nice games there. Except for that, too much undeserved hype and too many unproven insiders around here. Uncharted 4 looked nice and had some nice animation. Probably also plays well if you're into that kind of game. But nothing mind blowing if you had a PC in the past years.

I don't know about everybody else but I loved it. Like a side of e3 early.

What I really appreciated was all the semi big news that probably could have been saved for e3.

I'm most excited for May because if they're (Sony) blowing the lid off now ,what's going to be the megatons of E3?

ShinMaruku

Also this is a fan event, they have e3 and other events to go to. Why would you expect this to be E3, if this is annualized and is successful then later THEN you can pretend it's E3. A big part of the disappointment is done by yourselves.

I loved it. I just wanted DMC to be announced and it would have been perfect but I give it a 8.5 they have room for improvement but I had no huge expectations.

And time to gloat:
Told you there is no crash.

Top Bottom