• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ but some effort in a Wii Exclusive Game - De Blob and Destroy all Humans 3 for wi

In the german magazine Maniac they are a new wii exclusive game "De Blob" for Wii. They game will be published by THQ and the release is 2008. Later some translated informations for the english speaking audience.

Destroy All Humans 3 Announcement:

fresquito

The scan says the release is the end of 2007, not 2008. Then again, the scan also says it's 2008 material.

Disturbing.

Mmmkay

Rehosted the lineup table:
thqlineup.jpg

FightyF

Banned
Still haven't finished DaH 2. But it was pretty fun. Could be pretty interesting on the Wii. From Ship control, to taking over human bodies...there's some potential here.

If some of the dialogue could be controlled via short phrases spoken into the mic, that would be neat.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
damn, the Wii version better not just be a PS2 port. de blob looks pretty interesting too though. seems people are jumping on the stylized elebits bandwagon. i dont mind it, as long as its ground up, it might just be awesome.

Haunted

:lol Stop making fun of my language.

Geschicklichkeit isn't a real genre anyway. I'd translate it with agility/dexterity.

The blob game? Holy ****. There was a poster on the Wii boards on IGN who posted a link to a blob game he was making. Like 8 months ago. Maybe more. He wanted to make it into a Wii game.

It was a PC demo. He said he wanted us to try it out, and give him our thoughts. Played it some. It was fun, but you couldn't do much (it was obviously a very early demo).

I'll see if I can find the post. I doubt it though. It was quite a while ago.

Anyway, it looks just like this blob game, but with the graphics a little more outdated. What you do, is roll around and run into the buildings. The buildings then turn into a color. The color depends on what color your blob is.

You can change your blob color by running over something. I forgot what. There are black enemies that turn you into a black blob. That will erase the color from the buildings, turning it black I think.

Now if I can find it....

Edit - Now that I look into things further, it seems like the PC game from 8(?) months ago inspired the new game.

bluemax

Banned
You know, I haven't bothered to check the internal Wiki at my internship to see what platforms DAH3 is coming out on. I just sort of assumed PS2/360/PS3.

bluemax

Banned
DAH2 was developed by Pandemic Studios. This one is being developed by Heavy Iron.

And I think that is about all I'm at liberty to say.

RuGalz

bluemax said:
DAH2 was developed by Pandemic Studios. This one is being developed by Heavy Iron.

And I think that is about all I'm at liberty to say.

DAH3 isn't developed by Heavy Iron (nor Pandemic Studios).

Played it, seems pretty cool. I like the way the textures change as your blob touches objects, it runs really smoothly too. I hope the full game is far more fleshed out with proper objectives and rewards, and of course more levels. Could be a very interesting game.

Superfrog

bluemax said:
Uh, then who is developing it?

I doubt that only one studio is responsible for all five versions. Here's the list of THQ in-house developers:

Blue Tongue Entertainment
Concrete Games
Cranky Pants Games
Heavy Iron Studios
Helixe Games
Incinerator Studios
Juice Games
Kaos Studios
Locomotive Games
Mass Media
Paradigm Entertainment
Rainbow Studios
Relic Entertainment
THQ Studio Australia
Vigil Games
Volition, Inc.

Btw, the magazine news also mentions a new 360/PS3 action game called Darksiders which I assume is Vigil Games' unannounced project. Regarding MX vs. ATV 08 (360/PS3), I guess Rainbow Studios is once again the developer.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
It's funny how lots of publishers have been keeping an eye on indie studios' ideas and publishing them. Every Extend, Tumiki Fighters, and De Blob. Nice.

MMaRsu said:
Haha I'm NEVER gonna buy Destroy 3!

I still haven't received Destroy 2!!!!!!!!!!!

me neither

BOYCOTT

It's funny how lots of publishers have been keeping an eye on indie studios' ideas and publishing them. Every Extend, Tumiki Fighters, and De Blob. Nice.

they're looking for the Blair Witch Project of video games

Top Bottom