• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ Nordic net sales rose 713% to $447.6m in 2018, 77 games in development.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...t-sales-rose-713-percent-to-usd447-6m-in-2018

Growing publisher THQ Nordic has released its interim financial results for 2018, showing dramatic increases across the board.

For the 12 months ended December 31, the company reports net sales of $447.6 million, up an impressive 713% year-on-year from $55.1 million. EBITDA rose by 257% to $105.7 million, while operational EBIT rose 139% to $52.5 million.

The CEO added: "We look forward to our most exciting year ever. By the end of the quarter, we had a record 77 games under development. 48 of these are still in the pipeline waiting to be announced, including a few that are scheduled for release in 2019."

ZehDon

Gold Member
They’ve certainly been acquiring whatever they can get their hands on. Always good to have competition, particularly in the publisher space.

Arkage

Banned
That's an absurd number of games in supposed development. I'll assume they're counting things that are just in the conceptual stage.

Kadayi

Banned
FirsthandIllCrow-size_restricted.gif

peronmls

I tend to just follow developers now and days. Not by publisher as they can lead the developers in a bad direction to accompany what the publishers wants in terms of marketing and sales.

Last edited:
Hahaha omg I love it. That's awesome. Darksiders is reviewed average and sells average yet thq Nordic knows how to make it profitable. They are just efficient m'fers aren't they?

Mokus

Hahaha omg I love it. That's awesome. Darksiders is reviewed average and sells average yet thq Nordic knows how to make it profitable. They are just efficient m'fers aren't they?
Maybe here the CEO, CFO and what not, doesn't take home 15-30 million dollars.

Maybe here the CEO, CFO and what not, doesn't take home 15-30 million dollars.
I heard that money isn't liquid but in stock. At that amount it'd give that position power to have a vote, as stocks do. I believe they relinquish that when they leave the job.

Mexen

I would like to know the criteria used to determine a game is in development. Are teams working on a title each? Are they working on more than one? Are multi plats considered separate games?
77, even for a publisher, is a really big number, even if you tell me 48 of those are a sure thing.
Still, it's nice to see the company thrive. I hope they harness their success well to avoid monetisation policies that could backfire on them later on.

Top Bottom