• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ now selling off Darksiders, Homeworld, Red Faction and More

sangreal

cool, I wonder if they have any kegerators left

stuff crytek bought with vigil said:
XYKYuAr.png

Shaanyboi

Banned
Sony will buy the Darksiders license, make it exist within the God of War universe.

Bam. God of War 4: Kratps vs. the Four Horsemen

It won't happen, but I would be overjoyed with either Platinum or Nintendo buying the Darksiders IP. I feel like either of them could do great things with it.

Nemesis_

Platinum isn't a really good fit for the type of game Darksiders is. Not sure why people are jumping to that.

epmode

I hope the Homeworld IP also includes digital distribution rights for the old games. I can't believe they haven't been rereleased yet.

TaroYamada

Red Faction, Homeworld and Darksiders are the franchises I desperately want to see saved. I'd love for de blob to be saved as well.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Platinum isn't a really good fit for the type of game Darksiders is. Not sure why people are jumping to that.

Platinum showed interest into buying it so that actually plays factor into it and I think they are capable of doing it better.

Lol at the people thinking one of the big three will buy Darksiders.

Never gonna happen, they are interested in their own IPs, not purchasing others.

Crytek is most likely since they hired a few of the Vigil guys.

Red Faction: Guerrilla was made before the hardware was ready. A new Red Faction similar to Guerrilla on PS4 could be glorious! Please find a good home!

Aside from de Blob what other platformers do THQ have? I think Nick officially owns Tak, if Tak was up for grabs, give it to Disney and have Avalanche return to it.

Drawn to Life and Lock's Quest are owned by THQ right? Warner or 5th Cell themselves should nab it, hell I think Warner will jump for them for that reason, already owning Scribblenauts.

I hope the Homeworld IP also includes digital distribution rights for the old games. I can't believe they haven't been rereleased yet.

Exactly, we have SS2, all we need now is Homeworld on GoG.

Definitely following this.

What happens if it doesn't get sold, anyone can make Homeworld 3? Maybe that's the way to go.

sangreal

Drawn to Life and Lock's Quest are owned by THQ right? Warner or 5th Cell themselves should nab it, hell I think Warner will jump for them for that reason, already owning Scribblenauts.

I have no idea what is in this auction, but I do have a list of everything THQ owns (from Rubin's macbook to IP) and I don't see Lock's Quest. It's on a list of licenses though

Keslord

Banned
Man, I hope that Red Faction finds a good home. I have some great memories of playing the first two with my dad.

I know they're just selling IPs, but do we know what happens to the engines? I imagine having GeoMod 2.0 would be a huge help in figuring out how to go even further on the destruction. I fear whoever gets the Red Faction franchise will do "cheap" destruction like say in Battlefield where a few pre-determined things can get destroyed in always destroy in pretty much the same way.

Grayman

It'll be interesting to see how all of these split up. I never had a chance to play the Destroy All Humans games. Were they any good?

twenty billion copies of one of the destroy all humans games were given to gaffers. I think I enjoyed it for a few hours on my PS2.

Boss Man

Platinum: Pick up Darksiders please.
Hell yes.

Another option would be Sony, because SSM on a Darksiders game seems like a natural fit. The franchise has a lot of potential, I just hope whoever picks it up actually does something with it.

KevinCow

Banned
WB should buy Darksiders.

I don't get why everyone wants Platinum to get it. I can't imagine them doing it without completely changing the style and tone. If they wanted to do a game like Darksiders, they'd be better off just doing their own original thing.

Top Bottom