• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

I hope Sega holds on for Relic. They're definitely better than most of the other options.

lolwut at Koch Media? Doubt that holds.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sega could give a good home to relic. I am ok with this. Better than bethesda. Or any other of the big american publishers.

A good home for Relic is a home that gives ME Homeworld 3. (I don't even know how many people who worked on Homeworld are still there.)

Yawnier

Banned
In case anyone is interested:

The current high bid for Relic is...Sega.

The current high bid for Volition is...Koch Media.

More to come as I receive reports.

Never would have expected either of them, to be honest.

If Sega actually gets Relic, they have the potential to become a beast when it comes to the RTS genre with the Total War series AND Company and Heroes.

Rhindle

Keep in mind that these piecemeal bids may all still fail if they don't top Clearlake's overall bid for the business. If only Relic and Volition (and their properties) receive decent interest, that may very well not happen.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Keep in mind that these piecemeal bids may all still fail if they don't top Clearlake's overall bid for the business. If only Relic and Volition (and their properties) receive decent interest, that may very well not happen.

IIRC this auction wouldn't have started if they weren't already over.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Meh at both of those. The thing holding back Volition was proper marketing and exposure; not sure I see them publishing under the Deep Silver label improving that.

HoosTrax

Do eeet Sega!

I was hoping/assuming that Take Two / 2K would be the top suitor for Relic, but Sega is just as good if not better. Those two pubs have my favorite non-THQ strategy games.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
They have nice specter of games, but Volition would be their biggest studio if they manage to grab them.

I still have a hard time believing that the likes of Warner or EA would be dumb enough to let the Saints ROw studio slip from their grasp. This one is not going to come cheap.

Matt

Meh at both of those. The thing holding back Volition was proper marketing and expose; not sure I see them publishing under the Deep Silver label improving that.

To be fair, they did a pretty impressive job pushing Dead Island.

GamerSoul

So they're selling IPs and Stuidos seperately? I'm asking this because I want to know if Volition can be seperated from Saints Row.

ding ding ding ding as in you know something about the WH40k license going to SEGA? I would be very surprised if GW didn't want to work with Relic anymore.

Yeah, I get the impression that GW is pretty happy with Relic's handling of the 40K games and the success of those titles, and many of the guys at Relic are clearly very passionate about 40K - they're a great match. Sega buying Relic and going after the 40K license makes so much sense!

Isn't Koch media a branch of the group that's desperately fighting against gay marriage. And also funding the Tea Party? Or is this different? I'd hate to support them in any way.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So they're selling IPs and Stuidos seperately? I'm asking this because I want to know if Volition can be seperated from Saints Row.

They can, but I imagine most people would want the package deal and be bidding on both.

It's not impossible we could end up in a split scenario though if someone has a spare team.

Almighty

The disappointment will be even more devastating if EA or Ubi outbid SEGA now :lol

:(

Sadly I am still expecting that. Relic and Sega would be too perfect a fit for it to end up like that. This cruel world like to mess with me like that when it comes to games. Give me a sliver of hope then take it away.

Matt

Isn't Koch media a branch of the group that's desperately fighting against gay marriage. And also funding the Tea Party? Or is this different? I'd hate to support them in any way.

Those are the Koch brothers, Americans. Koch Media is a German company. There is no connection.

I thought Sega was getting out of the AAA retail games business. Suddenly making Warhammer 40k games seems like a weird move.

Unless they're gonna put Relic to work on F2P and downloadable stuff, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom