• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

Wow, that really sucks for Vigil. I guess those guys could try applying at Retro since they're just down the road, but the Darksiders IP going on without them is sad.

DieH@rd

Banned
Vigil is dead. Their lead combat designer just tweeted asking if anyone was looking to hire.

:(

2ushpugcvs54.gif

I wonder what happened to Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. I've been hoping that it pops up on PSN as a pS2 classic

But didn't Darksiders II bomb sales-wise, and word of mouth was from gamers pretty bad? 1 good game followed by 1 disappointment doesn't make them any attractive buy I'd guess.

It had shipped 1.4 million back in November which THQ described as below expectations although I think their expectations at that point were "oh dear god please save this company"

iavi

Has anything been said about Devil's Third? I know it's been halted for a sec now, but last I heard THQ still held the IP in search of a buyer.

Do we have a list of the studios and franchises and what they were taken by? Kinda hard to go back and read everything now.

Either way, RIP THQ.

duckroll

Okay, so based on the reports from Manveer's twitter, we have:

- Ubisoft acquires South Park: Stick of Truth and THQ Montreal
- Take2 acquires Turtle Rock's project
- Sega acquires Relic
- Koch Media acquires Volition
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

inky

I take it the mods are going to make a new thread when all is confirmed?

I can't take all this speculation no more.
and I need to leave for lunch :p

Mechazawa

Tragic, I hope you know that I am grateful to you for fixing Darksider's combat. Practically the reason I bought the game.

Hopefully whoever decides to carry that franchise on doesn't completely abandon what you put into it.

Has anything been said about Devil's Third? I know it's been halted for a sec now, but last I heard THQ still held the IP in search of a buyer.

Devil's Third hasn't been associated with THQ in a while. Last thing we heard was that Valhalla partnered up with Doobic for some kind of PC/mobile version.

PaulLFC

Why on earth would you buy a developer just to close them? Why not let someone who may keep people in jobs have them instead? FU 2K...

Pooya

- Sega acquires Relic
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

yeah. there are some Crytek -> Homefront rumors too.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

- Sega acquires Relic
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

huh..poor Vigil.

Volition under Deep Sliver/Koch Media is better than EA.

Quentyn

- Sega acquires Relic
- No one wants Vigil

Is that it right now?

He just tweeted that Koch Media gets Metro as well.

Spookie

Wait Bobby is going to be out of a job? Oh man. Here is hoping SEGA hire him to become the internal community manager for Relic. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom