• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thread of PS3 Shuukan ToroStation indecipherable weekly awesomeness

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i got pointed to this in a recent episode, what's it talking about?

Picture1-4.png

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
figured that's what it was. what's happening for it? i wondered about those numbers.

mattiewheels

according to this newscast, i guess there's a new costume with a bowling game attached? has anyone tried it? i guess you can only use it with a japanese account.

-2008_5_712_20_14.jpg

lollerskates too

-2008_5_712_21_08.jpg

mattiewheels

now i see a newscast with other costumes, like baseball and some hawaiian shirt music thing.

i've got 400 yen sitting in my japanese account. what would be the best way to spend it, costume-game wise?

hirokazu

mattiewheels said:
now i see a newscast with other costumes, like baseball and some hawaiian shirt music thing.

i've got 400 yen sitting in my japanese account. what would be the best way to spend it, costume-game wise?
I think those are just normal Nyavatar clothing that was new for the month, not cosplay games, but that newscast was a couple days ago, so I may be wrong.

The lollerskates are also just items you can use in your garden, so I'm not sure how much fun you'd get out of those.

GrayFoxPL

Sony is so fucking stupid that it's not making this awesome cat it's mascot or at least releasing this "little home" internationally.

Then again if SCEE would handle the euro updates for it we would die of bordom.

mattiewheels

well have you guys bought any of the game costumes? i tried finding any footage of them on youtube but i could only get the ball-pushing game and the arm-flapping game.

are there any games that are much more awesome than that?

Zoe

I've been buying them, but it's been a really long time since I've touched any of them... I'll give them a try again next week. The one I can remember the best is the slug maze one.

mattiewheels

cool, let me know which one's the best. i've got this 400 yen sitting in my account and i'm not sure what to get with it.

Zoe

Geez, finally trying to catch up on newscasts... I must have missed at least a month's worth >_<

May update...

- video capture :O
---- (Kuro had something more to say about it, but it's a huge secret...)
- revamping of the Archives by genre
- the bowling game uses the Havok engine :lol
---- two modes of game play
- roller skate toy uses both analog sticks to move
- can see the names of items in other people's backyards
- list of the best backyards from the backyard contest
- better keyboard support for text chat
- main menu getting revamped

Update coming in the middle of the month, so probably this Thursday.

hirokazu

GrayFoxPL said:
Sony is so fucking stupid that it's not making this awesome cat it's mascot or at least releasing this "little home" internationally.

Then again if SCEE would handle the euro updates for it we would die of bordom.
I'm pretty sure Toro is the de facto Sony mascot in Japan. The fact that these games and characters are very Japan-centric make it unlikely for them to be localised, so there's not much chance of they being the "Sony cats" outside of Asia.

You can get your own Toro toy from your local comic shop, or from DCBService.com:

REVOLTECH TORO NEW FACES EDITION AF (C: 1-1-3)

Imported from Japan! Toro, also known as the Sony Cat, was created by Sony Computer Entertainment, and first appears in July 1999 as the main character in the video game Doko Demo Issyo on the PocketStation miniature game console. The character, an anthropomorphized white cat, is characterized by its big, trapezium-shaped face, a rectangular-shaped body, and its vast variety of face expressions. This Revoltech figure stands nearly 6' tall and has multiple articulation points. Featuring the Revoltech joint system, the figure can adopt any number of realistic poses. Revoltech Toro (New Faces Edition) comes with several new, interchangeable faces and a display stand.
Product Code: MAY084903 (Toys & Models)

Your Price: $18.74

Note, the $18.74 price is DCBService price.

Pictures here.

Zoe

The May update is live, and :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The "secret" that Kuro was talking about with regards to the May Mainichi update is Youtube uploading! o_O o_O o_O

Still downloading the update...

mattiewheels

so the new update gives you the ability to save video to your xmb or upload to youtube really easily. what else has changed? i don't notice any changes in the menu yet.

sce03.jpg

Zoe

There are actually quite a few changes to the menu.

Has anybody been able to log into Youtube? It keeps telling me incorrect username/password. I'll have to try again later >_<

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
mattiewheels said:
so the new update gives you the ability to save video to your xmb or upload to youtube really easily. what else has changed? i don't notice any changes in the menu yet.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20080515/sce03.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

What codec are the videos saved to the XMB encoded in? DivX?

Zoe

320x240
MPEG-4 768 kbps
AAC 64 kbps

A 3'20" video I made ended up @ 16MB.

BTW, if you try to upload to Youtube, it won't save it to your harddrive. Sucks cause I lost my really good playthrough of Brain Training and got stuck with my really crappy playthrough :(

Edit: wow, it looks like shit :lol

Edit2: Oh, it concats ALL of the video takes you do in one session. So much for trying to cover up my mistakes :lol;

Edit3: Turns out the login error was cause I never validated my e-mail with Youtube for uploading. Make sure you do that before you try it!!

Zoe

To get to the camera, go to &#12418;&#12385;&#12418;&#12398; and select the last item then the first option. Press select to start recording. To end the session, repeat what you did before to get to the camera.

You'll get an option to either save it to the XMB or upload it. You can't do both >_<

After it's done uploading, it will give you the address.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHFtejQW2U
Uploaded manually. I blame performance anxiety :lol;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_blrKzM6mI
Uploaded through the game. I blame the crappy word selections. I was going for &#12365;&#12427;, dammit! >_>

Zoe

TTP said:
Uploaded a video myself. :D

Your bare room makes me sad :(

ZOE, where does the game saves the you tube address? I see it shows it after it has finished uploading.

I don't think it does. I guess they figure you can just get it from your Youtube profile.

mattiewheels

this youtube option is so awesome. here's one of my room, and me decorating my empty backyard with a tissue box :D

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBrrAvWR50

this would be a great way to show non-speakers how to get around the game too, like with angelfly's rss video.

hirokazu

mattiewheels said:

sce03.jpg
The only other thing I noticed is that you can browse the archived news by category now, like they said they'd do. Feb and Mar 2007 archives have been removed and Fab and Mar 2008 have been added.

And they've added a whole heap of presents that you receive from news into the Myaile Store.

Video recording's pretty cool, yah. Wonder if more games will implement it, with YouTube functionality, it's free publicity.

mattiewheels

wow

that racing game looks so fun, but not very challenging. is it sixaxis controlled?

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6UDGANbubU

here's me trying to play that picture game. someone explain it, i have no clue.

The picture game is totally useless if you don't know Japanese (and even if you do, some of the choices still suck!) :lol

I don't know if there's a name for the game in English, but basically you're supposed to find a word that begins with the same syllable as the end of the previous word. If you say a word that ends in 'n,' the game is over because no words start with just 'n' in Japanese.

In your game, Ricky had to pick a word that started with "ku" and then you were supposed to follow up with "ni" (kuchibeni). You could have picked the mermaid ("ningyo") or the birds ("niwa tori" IIRC), and the one you did pick was "nihon usagi"

Pressing triangle will give you a hint for which row it's on.

In the one that I posted, I had to find a word that started with "ki," so I went for "kiru" (to cut) with the exacto-knife. Cause that's what they do, right?

WRONG.

Apparently exacto-knives are dangerous ("kiken") which made me lose the game :lol

(the sad part is I'm positive I've made that mistakes many many times before)

mattiewheels

Zoe said:
The racer game plays with the left stick. X is accel, [] is brake, /\ is change camera.
is it just that one race with the same level of difficulty every time? i'd buy it if it had some variety.

mattiewheels

well i bought this camera in the free points store, hoping they were throwing us people who don't want to pay for hd pictures a bone, but i guess it's just a prop to show off more than anything funcitional? i can't seem to find anything.

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
well i bought this camera in the free points store, hoping they were throwing us people who don't want to pay for hd pictures a bone, but i guess it's just a prop to show off more than anything funcitional? i can't seem to find anything.

Yeah, I got tricked the same way >_<

angelfly

The next update definitely needs to add the ability to send items. If it doesn't then I'll be abandoning my my US account and starting from scratch on my JP account where I only have a couple of cosplay outfits and a starter pistol :(

mattiewheels

i tried to make a vid to show you guys a weird torostation show, but it only let me make a xmb video, no youtube uploading. what does that mean?

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
i tried to make a vid to show you guys a weird torostation show, but it only let me make a xmb video, no youtube uploading. what does that mean?

They seem to have set a file size limit so you don't sit there forever uploading a large file (and risk losing it). You'll have to upload it manually through a PC.

mattiewheels

metal gear toro!

-2008_6_1621_00_24.jpg

-2008_6_1621_01_29.jpg

-2008_6_1621_04_22.jpg

-2008_6_1621_04_35.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
eargh! I didn't bother checking out Mainichi Issyo during MGS4's launch, as I remember them releasing a trailer and everything for the 3 days leading up to it D:

And I just downloaded an update of some sort, and I don't think I have access to whatever they did for MGS4 anymore D:

Did you end up getting any sort of special item for your room? I never could understand how to go about getting bonus items for your room to start with, though. All I ever got was two posters.

:(

Yeah there was a few MGS4 items for your room. A Kojima Signature, a Shinkawa drawing of a Metal Gear Cat and a Mk.II figurine. They'll probably wind up in the archives sooner or later but the news reports with the items were around the 14th of june and there's two of them.

Replicant

Does anyone know how can I get that Devil May Cry figure that I saw in some photos? Do you have to purchase it?

EDIT: never mind. found the article. I hope I can still get it.

Replicant said:
Does anyone know how can I get that Devil May Cry figure that I saw in some photos? Do you have to purchase it?

EDIT: never mind. found the article. I hope I can still get it.
It's in one of the archived news. I posted a link a few pages back that shows all the news that are archived and if they give you a gift.

Yama

Was playing this all day, too much fun. Catching up on castings that I've missed. Just really dissapointed that I've done so much with my US account. I want to purchase mini games and furniture and wouldn't mind paying. I bought one mini game with my Japanese account out of curiosity, but I know it's not worth buying too much if I can't put it to use. To start over now is pointless. Guess I'm stuck... no newly found sneak arounds, right? You would think they would take anyones money, sheesh. And copying the save is out.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Shinkawa drawing of a Metal Gear Cat
I love that image. Anyone take HD pictures? I would if it let me buy the ticket, but I'm using my US account. Would appreciate it greatly.

mattiewheels

mattiewheels

Yama said:
Was playing this all day, too much fun. Catching up on castings that I've missed. Just really dissapointed that I've done so much with my US account. I want to purchase mini games and furniture and wouldn't mind paying. I bought one mini game with my Japanese account out of curiosity, but I know it's not worth buying too much if I can't put it to use. To start over now is pointless. Guess I'm stuck... no newly found sneak arounds, right? You would think they would take anyones money, sheesh. And copying the save is out.

I love that image. Anyone take HD pictures? I would if it let me buy the ticket, but I'm using my US account. Would appreciate it greatly.

which mini-game did you buy?

and i wish i knew how to get the shinkawa art, i missed it.

Top Bottom