• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

thread of PS3 Shuukan ToroStation indecipherable weekly awesomeness

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
ever since i got my ps3, i've been messing around with this amazing free 'game' i got from the japanese psn store. this thing is cool! the presentation is really slick and it's fun trying to figure out what does what, since i have no clue what i'm doing other than the sparse english guides around the internet. for those who don't know, it's a hybrid of up-to-date japanese news, tamagotchi-sims customization and kind of a social network game.

i was hoping some people here were into this, maybe they could help me figure out how to do certain things, like add friends in game and get the different animal costumes i've seen that unlock the sixaxis minigames. right now all i really know how to do gamewise is play people online at the logic puzzles. everyone with a ps3 should grab this, it's awesome! just got my first virtua fighter poster :eek:

MainichiIssyoCreateCharacter.jpg
MainichiIssyo.jpg

200712170132mw1.jpg
200712901051yf4.jpg

20071290116fw4.jpg
200712141908ph1.jpg

20071290121hj3.jpg
200712290212ve5.jpg

200712290219sg1.jpg
200712290217mg6.jpg

the best translation guide i could find, still kinda vague.

a list of which news stories give which presents.

Wollan

I heard they added text chat the other day?

Also, could you link us up to some translation guides?

Edit: Awesome. Thanks.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wollan said:
I heard they added text chat the other day?

Also, could you link us up to some translation guides?
i do know how to visit random people's backyards, but not how to specify which one you wanna go to, or chat with them :(

and oh yeah, editing the op with the best guide i found. it's still really sparse though.

mattiewheels

wollan, since it looks like you've played, do you know anything about those sixaxis-enabled games you can play? i think you need animal costumes for them, but i'm clueless about that.

mattiewheels

AdamBot said:
Woah... so it's like... Home + Animal Crossing. :lol Awesome.
exactly. not as full-featured as either, but this is the step before home pretty much. i think it's a way for them to try things out before home begins.

Wollan

Don't know much at all to be honest. I've downloaded it one time and clicked through a lot of text so that's my experience so far. :p

Darkpen

Banned
I downloaded it and messed around with it for a while, but that was pretty much it. I did find out they had an RSS feed reader of somekind though, and I found how to listen to music. I came across a tag-like minigame, but it wasn't very fun.

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
wollan, since it looks like you've played, do you know anything about those sixaxis-enabled games you can play? i think you need animal costumes for them, but i'm clueless about that.

You need to buy the cosplay outfits in order to play those minigames. Unfortunately, that can only be done with a JP account, and the data isn't shareable across accounts :(

There are also free minigames--Right Brain Training (+ Battle) and Shiritori.

And yes, they did just add text chat. You can only meet up with people on your friend's list though.

-2007_11_1413_37.jpg

-2007_11_1413_28.jpg

-2007_12_2410_23.jpg

mattiewheels

Metalmurphy said:
That " list of which news stories give which presents." is very very VERY old and incomplete.

Here's a better one:
http://www.dokodemoissyo.com/mainichi/archives/index_t.html

Here's what the Columns mean from left to right:

Episode Number - Name - Date - Episode Type - Archived? - Guest? - Item? - Link
thanks, that's cool. the advantage of the old list is that it's in english, though.

i'm trying to win online matches at that brain-age type game, but i must be really slow in the head. and the coin puzzles are obviously impossible.

I still dont think i understand what the f this is, but i love the way it looks. Why hasn't it been localized to NA/euro? Looks awesome (whatever the fuck it is).

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
i'm trying to win online matches at that brain-age type game, but i must be really slow in the head. and the coin puzzles are obviously impossible.

The Daily game has a practice mode. Just keep doing the coin section over and over again and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

Fistwell said:
Why hasn't it been localized to NA/euro? Looks awesome (whatever the fuck it is).

They could probably bring over the minigames, but it would be pointless to localize the newscasts. The majority of them are very Japan-centric.

mattiewheels

Zoe said:
The Daily game has a practice mode. Just keep doing the coin section over and over again and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

They could probably bring over the minigames, but it would be pointless to localize the newscasts. The majority of them are very Japan-centric.
zoe, you seem like you're pretty familiar with the game. can you let me know how to add friends in the game, and specify which backyards to go to? can you specify who to play the brain-game with too? and have you decked your place out with free stuff or bought anything?

i just saw the newscast where solid snake shows up underneath his cardboard box and does an interview with toro :lol :lol

yeah, anyone with a ps3 should download this at the very least as a free curiosity worth exploring because its got such brilliant production values. lots of wonderful little details.

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
zoe, you seem like you're pretty familiar with the game. can you let me know how to add friends in the game, and specify which backyards to go to? can you specify who to play the brain game with too? and have you decked your place out with free stuff or bought anything?

The friends come from your own friends list. I've never done this myself since I don't know anybody who plays the game, but to bring somebody to your backyard...

1) bring up the menu when you're in the backyard
2) choose the second to last option
3) a message will pop up and you'll need to select someone from your friend's list
4) this will send them an "invite" that they'll have to open up and accept

I haven't bothered decorating my backyard yet, but I'm pretty much out of space in my room, so I guess I should do some spring cleaning :lol

mattiewheels said:
i just saw the newscast where solid snake shows up underneath his cardboard box and does an interview with toro :lol :lol

-2007_8_1315_29-1.jpg

Zoe

xlildragonxod said:
Where do you find this on the Japanese store? This intrigues me...

It's on the recent additions list... I can't access the store right now, but you should be able to find it by hovering over each item.

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
can you specify who to play the brain-game with too?

Missed this question

1) Select the first option (battle)
2) Select the fourth option--it will bring you to a message screen like the backyard thing

I'm not positive, but I think the fifth option will bring up any invites that have been sent to you. The last option is for sending messages.

mattiewheels

Zoe said:
I haven't bothered decorating my backyard yet, but I'm pretty much out of space in my room, so I guess I should do some spring cleaning :lol
where did all your stuff come from, those free points and freebies from the news clips?

:lol that's great.

what's your name on there zoe? and anyone else who plays, put your SN in here.

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
where did all your stuff come from, those free points and freebies from the news clips?

Yup. If the DLC were available via the US store, I would be all over that shit, but unfortunately that's not the case. I would kill for a skirt for my nyavatar :(

I do have most of the cosplay games, but I haven't played them in a long time since that requires logging into my JP account.

I'm zoemi on there.

mattiewheels

Kittonwy said:
Damn why don't dey have dis for teh US store?
angry.gif
cause we don't understand moon language.

don't you have a japanese account?

mattiewheels

Zoe said:
I do have most of the cosplay games, but I haven't played them in a long time since that requires logging into my JP account.
so the cosplay isn't dlc that costs yen? how do ya come about it? i wouldn't mind being restricted to that account just to try those out...

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
so the cosplay isn't dlc that costs yen? how do ya come about it? i wouldn't mind being restricted to that account just to try those out...

Oh no, they do cost money...

angelfly

Metalmurphy said:
Why was that a mistake?

Because after a certain point I decided I wanted to actually buy some stuff but since I was playing with a US account I couldn't access the pay store only the one where you use the points you get from watching Toro Station.

angelfly said:
Because after a certain point I decided I wanted to actually buy some stuff but since I was playing with a US account I couldn't access the pay store only the one where you use the points you get from watching Toro Station.

I see, for a second there I thought only JP accounts worked now, I was starting to worry :p

Zoe

angelfly said:

Same here :(

mattiewheels

angelfly said:
right now, i'm telling myself that i'm not gonna bother with buying anything, but i feel like i things could change as i'm already getting pretty obsessed with it.

what have you guys been buying lately?

mattiewheels

yesterday's news update was awesome, the cloverfield monster attacked!

and zoe or anybody: i tried adding friends ingame but couldn't figure it out. i sent a test request with some game data to another account and it didn't really work. how does it work?

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Affirmation, as if any was needed, that you really can't go wrong with a white PS3, a Reiko Nagase poster, six boxes of tissues and a periodic table of the elements.

mattiewheels

D2M15 said:
Affirmation, as if any was needed, that you really can't go wrong with a white PS3, a Reiko Nagase poster, six boxes of tissues and a periodic table of the elements.
sounds like a swanky setup.

speevy, i haven't really looked at the pay content cause i don't wanna get jealous of the cool shit i can't buy, just sticking to the free store right now. there's some cool stuff you can rack up without paying for it.

just sent off a couple of backyard invites, not really sure how it works but if anyone else wants to be my buddy just lemme know...

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
and zoe or anybody: i tried adding friends ingame but couldn't figure it out. i sent a test request with some game data to another account and it didn't really work. how does it work?

Well the other person has to be around to accept the invite ^^

I'm too busy for the next couple of days to deal with it, but we can give it a try later in the week.

Returners said:
how did u get the dante statue?! =(

It's from the 6/27/07 episode, #231. You'll need to get it from the archives (よりぬきニュース).

Zoe

Speevy said:
So how much does the additional content cost?

Nyavatar items range from Y20 to Y770 (holy shit!!!).
Cosplay (minigames) are from Y150 to Y300.
Backyard items are from Y10 to Y390.
Backyard games and toys are from Y100 to Y350.
Food is from Y30 to Y80.
Room furnishings (wallpaper, floor) are from Y30 to Y150.
Room items are from Y20 to Y200.

Y200 for a 30 day license to take 1920x1080 screenshots.
Y100 for a 30 day license to make your backyard bigger.

Sometimes items are sold in sets at a discount.

Top Bottom