• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of the news of Japanese of the glory of Bangaioh of yak the 3 of this week mag

Jiggy

Looked up Bangaioh and it intrigues me. Plus it has a stage editor, which is one of the other features I'd love to become standard in all of gaming, so I'm probably instantly sold.

ethelred

TreIII said:
It's not bad to be proven wrong at least once in a blue moon, right, ethelred? :D

Not at all! Keeps me on my toes!

Besides, in this case I was deliberately trying to keep expectations low.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Why God Why???????

thank god i don't stand alone on this.

They are throwing away part of what made Yakuza so cool, and doing what other games have done before....

Sporsks Mario bash :O - 4 player Mario GC is about as fun as multiplayer can get.

Kittonwy

Banned
Jonnyram said:
New games:
PS3 | Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (aka Yakuza 3)
Sega
Spring 2008
- Set in Edo period in 1605
- fighting styles are fists, one blade, two blade and big blade
- heat action has turned into special moves

Badass.
angry.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
bumpy trot 2 for PS3???

wow. i wonder how that's gonna be. I liked the first one quite a bit. if they can make it have a better action system, and a better story it would be awesome.

LordK

For those who have beaten the japanese version of eternal sonata on 360... are those two things listed under the ps3 version not in the 360 version? If the PS3 version doesn't have extras, I'm gonna buy the 360 one next week :p

I cannot wait to see something on Yakuza 3!!!

I can just imagine the arterial sprays they may have. :D Or at least, I hope there is some glorious arterial spray action.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
copybeaver said:
For those who have beaten the japanese version of eternal sonata on 360... are those two things listed under the ps3 version not in the 360 version? If the PS3 version doesn't have extras, I'm gonna buy the 360 one next week :p

It's the extras of the PS3 version.

Izzy

Banned
DCharlie said:
thank god i don't stand alone on this.

They are throwing away part of what made Yakuza so cool, and doing what other games have done before....

Can't say I disagree. Probably a marketing decision.

Phthisis

Bumpy Trot PSP!?

Bumpy Trot 2 PS3!!??

BANGAI O ON THE D FUCKING S!!!???

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

This is a great week.

By the way, I hope the PSP Bumpy Trot isn't just an arena battler and has some adventure component to it.

:O

Jonnyram

Getting busier so just briefly:

PSP | Hot Shots Golf Portable 2 / SCE / December
DVD | .hack//GU Trilogy / 85 min anime, not game
360 | Ninja Gaiden 2 / Tecmo / 2008
Wii | Dragon Blade / Bandai Namco / 22 Nov 2007

Loudninja

Jonnyram said:

PSP | Hot Shots Golf Portable 2 / SCE / December
DVD | .hack//GU Trilogy / 85 min anime, not game
360 | Ninja Gaiden 2 / Tecmo / 2008

Cool :D

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jonnyram said:

For like one millisecond I got excited about this..until I realized what it was.

Bangaioh!
Bangaioh!
Bangaioh!

is possibly my favorite pure action game ever.

For those that don't understand the excitement, here's a video from the Dreamcast version. The counter at the top is how many explosions are on screen at that moment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tis6IbiMA-8

The core of the game is your special attacks. A special attack's strength is determined by the proximity of your character to enemies and their attacks. This is the number that comes off the character as he uses a special in the video. So there's constant tension and perfect reactions needed to get the strongest attacks.

Your special attack meter is fueled by the number of explosions on screen, which are usually caused by your special attacks. So if you time your attacks properly, you can fuel a continual chain of them, leading to ever increasing destruction.

And then some enemies have attacks that work the same way as yours.....
(as seen in the video)

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
I am happy that PS3 is also getting eternal sonata in 2008. I am still going to get eternal sonata this month. The PS3 and the 360 lineup is almost looking the same.

RyanDG

So... My top two DS games for this fall and winter are now:

Contra 4
Bangaioh

I don't know how this fall/winter could get any better.

Jonnyram

About .hack trilogy:
Blu-ray 10290 yen
DVD 7140 yen

Next issue:
- Kojima Productions scoop report
- PSP software report
- Pokemon fushigi dungeon guide
- FF4 new screens

Top Bottom